1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geer & Katoa musings

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Mar 17, 2008.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Katoa was suspended from games, but is allowed to practice with the team. Geer was suspended completely from the team - no practices even.

Is there anything that can be read into the different initial punishment meted by Hawk? Perhaps he views the Katoa thing as less severe? Maybe there were extenuating circumstances that we've not been made aware of? Am I reading too much into this?

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I thought I heard Geer had a prior run in, that may explain the difference in the way Hawk handled it. Or maybe it's because Geer was a GB recruit.:smile2: just kidding.

3. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

I think it may have something to do with expectations.
    Katoa hasn't played a down for Hawkins, Geer has had two years to become a Hawk disciple. I think Hawkins views him as more reprehensible as a result

snakeyman likes this.
  4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Could mean Hawk thinks the Geer situation will be resolved much sooner than the Kotoa situation.

5. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

1. Practices are more important to Katoa right now than Geer.
    2. Katoa has had all of two months of getting used to the stress and rigors of college life

So many different things could come into play here.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

All I know is that Hawk said both are in danger of being kicked out of the program.

7. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I haven't read that much about Hawk's decisions but I suspect Geer being an upper classman is really going to hurt him. If I were Hawkins, I might give a freshman a bit of slack but Jr's and Sr's have no excuses.

Other conspiracy theories may apply, but I'm gonna assume Hawk has more class than that. I like my little delusional world.

8. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

I agree with your delusional :drink:conclusion.:thumbsup: Seriously I do.:smile2:

9. BuffTuba

BuffTuba Club Member Club Member

Thats unfortunate. I know they made some bad decisions but I believe that a suspension would be fitting. I haven't heard anything about that. Link?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Link? Puhlease! Do you think old DBT would lie? I've been wrackin' my feable old brain to remember where I read/heard/saw that, but can't. But I know he said it. Trust me. :smile2:

11. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

Everyone should know men in pink suits can always be trusted. Geez Louise!!!!!!

12. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

From the BDC

The CU football team welcomed the chance to get back on the field Monday for the start of spring drills, following two months in which four players were either arrested or ticketed. Both Katoa and tight end Riar Geer, who was involved in a fight Friday night and arrested early Saturday morning, will not practice with the team until their cases are resolved.

"As long as the situation stays as it is now," Hawkins said.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  13. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Yep, I saw that in the paper this morning. Originally, Hawk had said that Katoa would be allowed to practice with the team. I don't know if he changed his mind or if the initial reports were innaccurate.

14. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

It looks like this was incident that Jimmy Smith was rumored to have committed a few weeks ago.

15. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

This is all sickening... What kids do with their opportunities, I will never figure it out...

16. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

It has always happened at every program, and it always will happen at every program no matter who the coach is and what you lay down. (talking about fighting and drinking).