1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gemmell "I still think this is a decent football team"

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by EddieCrowder, Sep 9, 2015.

1. EddieCrowder

EddieCrowder Club Member Club Member

2. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

3. BUFFS14

BUFFS14 Well-Known Member

Coach speak, Mike MacIntyre: “They saw the bone-headed mistakes. Hopefully they understand the mistakes that we made that cost us the football game. It wasn’t anything Hawaii did. It was what we did. If they can understand that and get things done, we’ll keep playing good.”

THEY saw the bone-headed mistakes? Did MM and the coaches see their own mistakes
    Hopefully they understand?? Isn't it the coached job to make them understand?
    We'll keep playing good????? WTF when did they start playing good????

leftybuff likes this.
  4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

^
    I gotta agree. Didn't they have an entire freaking season of bone-headed mistakes to look at last year? They're acting as if this is some new revelation. "Whoa, we're making mistakes that are costing us games! Somebody better do something about this!" Damn, dude. How long did it take you to figure that one out?

5. BUFFS14

This takes us back to another thread about lack of football IQ. The more they talk the more worried I am becoming about the near future of this team.....

6. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

It is just annoying because two of those big time mistakes did not happen last year. I don't believe there was a muffed punt or blocked punt last season but I could be wrong. Fields always seemed like he had the hands and awareness to succeed in that position but it didn't work out.

7. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

Good Lord, people. I get that everyone is looking for a reason to jump down their throats right now, but those comments are pretty mundane from HCMM. If he had said, "I am helping them understand their issues" like you're asking for, I can see your response being, "Isn't that what the offseason is for!".Now you're bitching just to bitch.

We laid an egg in Hawaii, no doubt, but it could have been just a bad first game full of uncharacteristic errors. Point is, we need a larger 2015 sample size to find out. Call off the dogs for a bit, we still have at least 12 games to play.

8. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

How do you define uncharacteristic?

leftybuff and Bufffan68 like this.
  9. BUFFS14

I want to see a coach step up and lead. Constantly using THEY seems as though his starting to distance himself. Shouldn't he be using WE? I understand we might be overanalyzing everything, however he should understand that as well.

I full understand the **** show he was given, but you cant call it uncharacteristic errors when that how they have played for the last two years plus a game!

Bufffan68 likes this.
  10. Gary Indiana

Exactly my point. We will find out in short order whether those were uncharacteristic mistakes or if that is just this team's ceiling but for now it's unknown.

BuffLuKe likes this.
  11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I think it's pretty well known. If they stop making those mistakes, THAT would be uncharacteristic. They've pretty much shown that they make a lot of mistakes that cost them games. To not do that would be a diversion from the norm.

BorrachoBuff and BUFFS14 like this.
  12. Gary Indiana

Individually some mistakes are characteristic, Sefo's redzone INTs and slow reads, but blocked punts, Fields struggling with punts, etc could just be an isolated incident, jury's out.

Burrito Palazzo likes this.
  13. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

It's odd how people completely discount coaches comments...except when it fits their agenda.

And that goes both ways for positive and negative.

unionbuff likes this.
  14. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

again?

15. darth-horax

darth-horax Well-Known Member

what's interesting is that all things considered, after reading this article, our running game and Defense can (if stable) tear these teams up pretty badly.

16. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

I cried last Thursday.

17. BorrachoBuff

BorrachoBuff Club Member Club Member

Oh yea. Against Hawaii we averaged 3.9 yards per passing attempt, and 4.1 yards per carry. When you factor in the increased risk of turnover with passing, we should absolutely entertain the idea of running more. Especially with the PAC-12 defenses that we will be facing.

18. WasianCU

WasianCU Club Member Club Member

UMass can't get here fast enough so we have something new to overreact to.

19. thisbuff

thisbuff Club Member Club Member

^ except we were running the ball against Hawaii who appeared to be trying to specifically put pressure on the passing game to me. They did rush 3 a few times with success though. Not so sure we can just run the ball 40 times a game in the Pac and be successful.

20. darth-horax

darth-horax Well-Known Member

Probably not.
    Hawaii's d line is so big and they kept overpowering our O line.
    However, while running, we owned the line of scrimmage.

We wo'nt do that every game, but that article shows the lack of a good run D in every scenario.
    Might have a small edge there, but it's still way too early to tell.

21. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Based on the last 5 years of recruiting you rationally expected something different how? Were not exactly overflowing with talent. Those guys that step up and cover another guys mistake with good play at their scope on the field, which is something we dont have, is crucial to winning. That good play minimizes the mistake later on. No. Instead Hawaii was able to capitalize on several of our mistakes and score points.

And its NOT just you BUFFS14, its like nearly everyone. Here's some advice: dont drink the Koolaid.

In due time we will be better team. Maybe this team, maybe this coach. But probably not. Either way, one games does not make a season.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  22. BUFFS14

Not sure what your point is to me. I have said multiple times we don't have enough talent. Unfortunately, its starting to show we may also not have the coaching either. Not sure what Kool-Aid you think im drinking?

23. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Sorry. Typo. "And its NOT just you..." was what I meant. Its more the point that a lot of people seem awful upset. Which implies to me that set their personal expectations for the outcome of the game a lot higher than the reality on the ground. Irrational exuberance. Maybe Im a poor citizen for not getting caught up in the hype. But I just chuckled and turned the TV off. These are things in life I have no power over.

I will say it sure is taking a long time to get better.

24. BUFFS14

Totally agree, I was hoping for something better, but was it a surprise to me? NO!
    Am I upset? **** yeah!
    I wanted to see some improvement, any improvement. I'm not expecting to beat the powers in the PAC12, but I was expecting to beat Hawaii.
    If we would have played mistake free football or close to it and lost, I would have had no bitch, cause I know we lack talent.
    I thought our coaching would be better then it is...

it is taking way to ****ing long!

25. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

I don't think expecting to beat Hawaii is drinking Koolaid.....

26. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

It's not.

And neither are the remaining three games.

27. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Oh ****, I forgot to put sugar in the kool-aide packet. My bad. I'm used to the pre-mixed ****.

Sugar has been added.

We gon' win.

28. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

29. fwbuff

fwbuff Active Member

Now we just need to figure out who keeps pissing in the Kool-Aid every year.

30. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

do you mean Friday? Or you were balling about something other than the Buffs?