What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gemmell "I still think this is a decent football team"

Totally agree, I was hoping for something better, but was it a surprise to me? NO!
Am I upset? **** yeah!
I wanted to see some improvement, any improvement. I'm not expecting to beat the powers in the PAC12, but I was expecting to beat Hawaii.
If we would have played mistake free football or close to it and lost, I would have had no bitch, cause I know we lack talent.
I thought our coaching would be better then it is...

it is taking way to ******* long!

100% agree. Sure hope there are any of us still caring about the Buffs if this comes completely off the rails.

100% agree. Sure hope there are any of us still caring about the Buffs if this comes completely off the rails.

The AD is bigger than the football program. No way I'm turning my back on the other programs that football subsidizes.

The AD is bigger than the football program. No way I'm turning my back on the other programs that football subsidizes.

Agree....but your support of the other programs will be moot without the success of the football program....

Agree....but your support of the other programs will be moot without the success of the football program....
Football runs the roost. I believe on RG and he will make it right. He was given a **** show and so far has done well! Let's give him a chance to hire a real HC and see what happens.

We (those of us who bleed black and gold) will always be here. The rest can jump back on when we start winning again... Just hope its sooner then later

I don't think things are as gloomy as the worst case scenario. It's always darkest before the dawn. Bottom line when it comes to CU, i'm in the band.

tumblr_ma28quEIKi1r250z6o1_500.gif

It wasn't anything Hawaii did?

Lol

I guess blocked punts and interceptions aren't on Hawaii. Remember when Kemp made that ridiculous catch? I don't remember a single Buff play that was even remotely close to that.

Buffs played bad. **** rolls upstream. There's been too much of it rolling downstream on our players. Coaches have to prepare them physically and mentally and they did not do that for Hawaii. At all.

We (those of us who bleed black and gold) will always be here. The rest can jump back on when we start winning again... Just hope its sooner then later

I am not going anywhere.....but man, my time is running out....

tumblr_mcla9kdR0f1refr1ho1_500.gif

And we can still say we played better, but Hawaii has scoreboard. If we miraculously beat SC or UCLA id be pissed to hear that. But we'd have scoreboard, so who would care?

Football pays the bills.

If this thing doesn't get turned around quick we are going to see a lot of empty seat at home games and that is bad news for everyone. That means dropping concession revenues, more importantly empty seats this year translate into seats that aren't purchased next year. Lack of enthusiasm also makes it easier for the big donors (and small) to simply not donate.

I don't think that RG is interested in going down with the ship. Things will change or he will change them, don't expect another lame duck year like we had with Hawkins. This AD understands money and is willing to spend some to make more. If that means buying out a coach he will do it.

Two things:

1. An undertalented team that plays mistake free football can win games. Not a ton of games, but some. The Hawaii loss I put 100% on the coaches. They didn't prepare the team they have for the game they played.

2. If it's framed as a "business decision," MM really only has one way to keep his job next year: do something that gives fans hope. A big upset win (USC at the end of the season would do it), winning 5 and coming close in a few more, etc. Fans have to have a reason to buy tickets next year - if MM doesn't give them one, RG will. It's business.

Back