What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

George Frazier arrested on suspicion of DUI

When I was 18, I passed out while driving. The bad thing was I was riding a motorcycle. I woke up bouncing through the Las Vegas desert. There but for the grace of God....

When I was 18, I passed out while driving. The bad thing was I was riding a motorcycle. I woke up bouncing through the Las Vegas desert. There but for the grace of God....
We're going to have to start a drunkalouge thread one of these days. Oh the stories I could tell...

Last edited:
The fact that he was asleep at 3am in a moving car with his foot on the brake does NOT mean he was smashed. I've been that tired. He may have been smashed but if he was, I think the penalty would have been stricter. My guess is that he was at borderline levels AND really tired. Maybe not. But we are guessing.

(edited to reflect he was charged with DUI and copped down to DWAI).

Last edited:
The fact that he was asleep at 3am in a moving car with his foot on the brake does NOT mean he was smashed. He was over .05% and he was asleep. I've been that tired. He may have been smashed but if he was, I think the penalty would have been stricter. My guess is that he was truly at DWAI levels (below DUI) and really tired. Maybe not. But we are guessing.

Especially for players that usually get up at 5 AM to go workout and have early practice. I have gotten in a similar routine to workout before work and when I drink I completely hit a wall late at night. It is very possible.

Not at all. The court system obviously wouldn't suspend him from playing a college football game.

I'm talking about the athletic department, which represents our university, deciding that a player being convicted of a misdemeanor in which he potentially could've endangered his own life or that of anyone else on the road should be given no real punishment. Yes, it's good for our sports fans and our football team, but it sends the wrong message in my opinion. We aren't a ******* SEC school.
It's odd how you're outraged over this but have no comment on Tupuo

WTF button. How do you pass out on a motorcycle at the age of 18?

"At 3 a.m Sunday, an officer on routine patrol came up on a car stopped on 27th Way just before the intersection with Baseline Road, according to Boulder police spokeswoman Laurie Ogden.

The officer watched the car remain in the intersection through one light cycle before initiating a traffic stop.

The officer approached the vehicle and found Frazier asleep at the wheel, with his foot on the brake and the transmission in drive. The officer tried to wake Frazier up and eventually had to nudge him to get him to wake up, Ogden said." (the engine was running)

This was a very dangerous situation and the young man was smashed. The penalty is a joke. Every poster here had predicted 1 to 2 games - which would have been fair. He'd have been an idiot if he didn't behave afterwards - knowing the length of his suspension depended on it
Welcome to the big leagues, brah

If you're saying I have to decide between winning and "what's right," and that they are both mutually exclusive, I guess I'd have to go with the latter. And what's sort of scary is that I know there are some people that would go with the former. But your argument isn't exactly accurate. Without talking about the Frazier incident specifically (and speaking in a generally broader sense), we can have a successful football program while also handing out just and meaningful punishment that ensures the football team represents the university in a way everyone would be proud of.

I would absolutely prefer to have a winning program that wins the "right" way. I'd love it if anybody can give examples of such programs.

How the **** you gonna pass out on a motorcycle? Only DBT.

Furd and Michigan State?

I'm sure there are a lot of schools we can guess at. I know that Stanford has pulled scholarship offers from kids the week of signing day, without explanation. Stuff happens at every school.

I'm sure there are a lot of schools we can guess at. I know that Stanford has pulled scholarship offers from kids the week of signing day, without explanation. Stuff happens at every school.

Yeah but how much of that actually has to do with academics?

Idk anything about TCU academics, their coach is a prick though. I went to a camp he hosted with my brother. Holy ****, he was awful. He knew his stuff, wasn't that. Meet him and you'll see what I'm talking about.

He can be a dick while still running a clean program. I was just throwing out a guess anyway.
How do you know they are a clean program though? Just because they haven't got caught doesn't mean they are by the book. That's fair to say no?

How the ******** gonna pass out on a motorcycle? Only DBT.
Probably would have been more accurate to say "nodded off." Haha. Even though it was Vegas, it was winter and pretty cold and I was fairly inebriated. It only took a split second and there I went. I've posted this story before. Luckily, a lot of streets in Vegas, at least back then, didn't have curbs. The asphalt was just flush with the ground.

The fact that he was asleep at 3am in a moving car with his foot on the brake does NOT mean he was smashed. I've been that tired. He may have been smashed but if he was, I think the penalty would have been stricter. My guess is that he was at borderline levels AND really tired. Maybe not. But we are guessing.

(edited to reflect he was charged with DUI and copped down to DWAI).
I have actually fallen asleep while stopped at a traffic light when totally sober but really tired. Of course, it's stupid to drive tired as well. But I agree with your point. A couple of beers is all it takes to get yourself above the magic number. Combine that with really tired, like we are all going to be Friday morning around 2 am, and it's pretty easy to stop at a light and close your eyes and, next thing you know, you are sound asleep. Well, actually, you don't know I guess.

I hear ya there, I worked 2 weeks straight about 13 or 14 hours a day. I fell asleep at the wheel heading home and rolled, lucky I didn't die. When I woke up, I was in Albuquerque.

What does that have to do with anything?! Are you saying that him liking beer means that he should be in favor of drunken driving? He is therefore a hypocrite for criticizing someone for illegal behavior, due to his stance of supporting something that is completely legal. Am I understanding your position correctly?
It must be football season if DrunkPanda has found his way back on allbuffs. Ugh

Back