What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

George King a burgeoning star?

Nice first start. Let's say he earned a second. I want to see how he plays when he's cold from 3... but damn I'm excited for him.

King is playing with so much confidence. I'm going to wait to see if he brings it consistently before I call him a star but I will have fun shouting GMFK!

I am hoping GMFK is legit, he sure looked it today. IF he is, then this season is going to be alot of fun. Good basketball is so good to see.

One other thing about this game that made it great was having Fran announcing.

If he liked what he saw from King and sees it, then that makes me feel even better.

The thing I liked about King two years ago was that he always looked to score. Something sorely lacking on this team the last 2-3 years. Sure, he didn't finish most of the time and had too many turnovers, but at least he had no fear to take the shot. He's not passing up open looks. (Dustin Thomas was the same way, but with less actual scoring skills, so his departure is fine.)

So this doesn't surprise me about King. He had the scorer mentality, and he just needed his shooting and finishing skills to improve.

The thing I liked about King two years ago was that he always looked to score. Something sorely lacking on this team the last 2-3 years. Sure, he didn't finish most of the time and had too many turnovers, but at least he had no fear to take the shot. He's not passing up open looks. (Dustin Thomas was the same way, but with less actual scoring skills, so his departure is fine.)

So this doesn't surprise me about King. He had the scorer mentality, and he just needed his shooting and finishing skills to improve.

Definitely has that scorer's mentality.

Obviously J40 has that. And it looks like Fortune has it too.

Good that Tad has gone back to the mentality of being aggressive on offense and shooting if you've got a good look.

Dom's starting to look like he's the right type of PG for these guys, setting the table for them and quietly getting his without forcing it.

If we can get XJ back healthy for Pac-12 and tournament play, this team is going to have so much firepower.

Man am I happy. What a difference a year makes.

The 2 back-court starters at the beginning last year: Jhop and Ski replaced by Fortune and Dom. A good young backup at point(AK) and XT looks to be better to provide few minutes of rest.

XJ out and Fletcher indecisive to allow GMFK to jump up and grab the 3 spot. Man did we need that. HE LOOKS LEGIT.

Josh, Wes and Tory looking good. I even saw Tory play some D.

If they keep this up they can definitely move up from the preseason expectation of 7th in the PAC.

All buffs resolution: from here on out GK shall be referred to as George MF-ing King?

King, George the First. He sure has made a case, at least early on, for sitting out a year to focus on improving your game.

Only been two games, but he looks like the 2nd best player on the roster. Tad got a lot of criticism for the redshirt, but he obviously saw something that few did.

Even among diehard Buff Bball fans you could have made a fortune betting that GK was going to go over 25 points vs Auburn. Good for him. The team REALLY needs some guys to step up/emerge this year.

And we have him for another two years? What a nice development for someone who wasn't expected to kick ass to blossom and, well, kick ass.

George King won't be a star until Tad lets him be one.

Last edited:
Back