What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Get your hot cocoa and peppermint Schnapps

not a proplem, expedition weight thermals, sweat pants, long sleeve t-thirt, flannel shirt, carharts, wool sockets with liners, 400 gram thinsualte boots, light wool gloves, liners, and wind proof gloves, some type of shell, then my pullover anarak wind proof to 80 knots.....

oh ya wool stocking cap and neck warmer.....

not a proplem, expedition weight thermals, sweat pants, long sleeve t-thirt, flannel shirt, carharts, wool sockets with liners, 400 gram thinsualte boots, light wool gloves, liners, and wind proof gloves, some type of shell, then my pullover anarak wind proof to 80 knots.....

oh ya wool stocking cap and neck warmer.....

or you could just go shirtless.

the 1991 NU game was the coldest I have ever been to. That included Eagles games where the temps were in the teens for a playoff game against Atlanta in 2004 and the Eagles - Dallas NFC CHampionship in 1981.

I went to that NU game an hour and a half early to get the front row student section. You had to drink to atleast trick your body that you were warm. The gold old days when u can get someone 21 to buy u a beer!

I've never been to a game at Folsom, but the Big XII Championship game last year was cold as hell!!! :wow:I think the temp. at kickoff was like 13 or something?
I went to the game at Arrowhead, the temp was around 32 but it felt alot colder because of all the snow and ice in the stadium. You had to stand up the entire game because the seats were covered with ice. That's why you'll never see a Superbowl in KC. Folsom just never felt as cold to me as Arrowhead - guess it's the humidity. Freaking ice is terrible in KC, snow is alot easier on the body.

I went to the game at Arrowhead, the temp was around 32 but it felt alot colder because of all the snow and ice in the stadium. You had to stand up the entire game because the seats were covered with ice. That's why you'll never see a Superbowl in KC. Folsom just never felt as cold to me as Arrowhead - guess it's the humidity. Freaking ice is terrible in KC, snow is alot easier on the body.

My wife, god bless her, didn't complain once though. She knew that I really wanted to go to that game so she was a trooper and just went with it. :thumbsup:

Your on crack. That game was at night. It was 4 at kickoff and zero by the games end. I froze my nutts off. I just involuntarily shivered thinking about that game. At least there will be light in the sky for you all...

I too was at that game. I didn't really mean to say it was gonna be the same, just that this might be the coldest CU/Nu game in Boulder since then

Here is Biekert's infamous PAT block in the '91 CU/NU game

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es0oNP6Yu5w"]Biekert[/ame]

We used to joke about how slow that runback was...slow but very effective!!!! I must have fallen on my butt 2-3 times during that runback because of the 2-3 inches of ice that were on the bleachers we were standing on.

The good 'ol times.

Oh hell no. This one wont even be CLOSE to the '91 game. I damn near froze every part of my body off that game. What I remember about that one is the snow that was scraped from the stands turning to ice and making it damn near impossible to stand or move.

35 degrees? Ooooooooooooooh. I "might" consider putting on pants instead of shorts :cool:

Oh hell no. This one wont even be CLOSE to the '91 game. I damn near froze every part of my body off that game. What I remember about that one is the snow that was scraped from the stands turning to ice and making it damn near impossible to stand or move.

35 degrees? Ooooooooooooooh. I "might" consider putting on pants instead of shorts :cool:

It's probably going to be low 20s at kickoff. Still not in the league of the other games mentioned, but plenty chilly.

Overnight low on Thurs night is supposed to be in the low teens. It's not going to warm up much prior to kickoff, especially if it's cloudy.

bearable bs...3 inches of ice on the bleachers and a tie game result. Thank gawd I had a keg at my apartment so I could bear the pain of the defrost. That game left permanent scars...

i don't remember the ice. i remember standing the whole game, though. i also remember making damn sure my niece was bundled well.

What the hell ever!!!! It was cold as hell regardless.............:wow:

believe it or not, i did not even wear a coat. my outermost layer was ubt's hoodie. i DID have my skigloves, earband, and shell on underneath along with the most amazing set of thermals ever made (expedition weight - supposed to keep you warm to 30 below). :thumbsup:

i don't remember the ice. i remember standing the whole game, though. i also remember making damn sure my niece was bundled well.

believe it or not, i did not even wear a coat. my outermost layer was ubt's hoodie. i DID have my skigloves, earband, and shell on underneath along with the most amazing set of thermals ever made (expedition weight - supposed to keep you warm to 30 below). :thumbsup:

The thermals would have been nice. I definately need to invest in some of those, but I need to make sure they are a good pair. I still remember all the snow being thrown around at that game. :lol:

It's probably going to be low 20s at kickoff. Still not in the league of the other games mentioned, but plenty chilly.

Overnight low on Thurs night is supposed to be in the low teens. It's not going to warm up much prior to kickoff, especially if it's cloudy.

Meh, when we are winning, it will feel all warm and fuzzy and that is all I care heh

Dressing for the '91 NU game was a lot like dressing to ski Loveland: Long johns, ski pants, turtle neck, hoodie, parka, and rabbit fur hat with ear flaps, and thermolite gloves. The one difference was footwear, exchanging ski boots for a toasty pair of Sorels. I didn't sit much. Lots of foot stomping to keep the blood flowing.

Everyone laughed at that hat when the temperature is above 20, but no finer headwear exists below that. As my cousin at REI says, "There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear."

The month of February 1989 was brutal in Boulder. The average temp for the whole month was in the teens. There were two weeks straight with sub-zero highs. Coach Quiller had his distance runners report to Balch Fieldhouse at 6am to start an hour run through the streets of Boulder. The bandanas covering our faces were frozen hard as cardboard. Damn, that was hard to get out of a perfectly warm bed to do that kind of training. Brrrrrrrr.

The month of February 1989 was brutal in Boulder. The average temp for the whole month was in the teens. There were two weeks straight with sub-zero highs.

I remember it well. I lived in a fraternity house with piss poor heat efficiency. I kept my toaster-oven on all day long just to keep the room warm. I put a blanket up to my window to help keep the heat in. One nice thing was that I had a waterbed, which could be turned up to heat the rest of the room.

So, how much snow did Denver get today? I'll be flying in tomorrow morning and cant wait to see the flatirons with some snow!

Back