What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Get Your Letters Written

I have a call today with some people...I will ask that question. I was supposed to have a call yesterday...but it was moved? I would make it a point to find Bohn in Austin and send him a follow up email referencing the conversation. He has a steel trap memory so it will underscore your point.

The rivals poster is an employee within the athletic department...he carries no weight with donors...but does with staff.

Nothing like an employee with an axe to grind. That fact that he works in the AD department and sending out posts like this bothers me very much.

Nothing like an employee with an axe to grind. That fact that he works in the AD department and sending out posts like this bothers me very much.

Disagree. I think he is just disappointed like every Buff fan

When I sent my e-mail to Bohn I was very cordial yet firm with my words. I did not swear or take out frustration within the letters content. However, I did let him know that my immediate and extended family covered three generations of CU grads that have supported the program in more ways than one. I made no veiled threats to withhold contributions and ended it with "sometimes we all have to swallow our pride".

He responded several days later, writing in general terms saying He understands my concerns and that CU was gratefull for our longtime support and hoped we would continue to do so.

I'm convinced he is getting the message and could probably have some sort of contingency plan in place that he's not ready to roll out just yet.

And then again, We'll See.

Disagree. I think he is just disappointed like every Buff fan

Nothing wrong with being disappointed. How you go about dealing with that disappointment says alot about a person.

The fact that this person works in the AD is bothersome to me. This is someone who is directly employed by the University who is openly campaigning to have a fellow employee replaced. I find that troubling.

I'm not going to get involved in this as I'm not sure it can be trusted. Anyway, I'll wait and see how the season goes and then write my own letter to Bohn if it is warrented. Hawk has caused this mess and he deserves to get it righted before the season ends, if he can. :rolleyes:

When I sent my e-mail to Bohn I was very cordial yet firm with my words. I did not swear or take out frustration within the letters content. However, I did let him know that my immediate and extended family covered three generations of CU grads that have supported the program in more ways than one. I made no veiled threats to withhold contributions and ended it with "sometimes we all have to swallow our pride".

He responded several days later, writing in general terms saying He understands my concerns and that CU was gratefull for our longtime support and hoped we would continue to do so.

I'm convinced he is getting the message and could probably have some sort of contingency plan in place that he's not ready to roll out just yet.

And then again, We'll See.

I thought so at first. I have penned to emails to Bohn and the response I received to each was identical. Words, punctuation, etc. Not one difference. I appreciate your candid blah blah blah. I am not sure he is reading them at all. I even mentioned in my second email that it was my second email to him. I was not trying to hide the fact that I have written to him before and was very polite in both letters. I was direct and matter of fact about my expectations and how the program was not meeting those expectations.

Bottom line, I do not feel he read them and am pretty sure he did not personnally send me the responses. I am pretty sure that they were an auto response or one that a staffer sent for him.

I thought so at first. I have penned to emails to Bohn and the response I received to each was identical. Words, punctuation, etc. Not one difference. I appreciate your candid blah blah blah. I am not sure he is reading them at all. I even mentioned in my second email that it was my second email to him. I was not trying to hide the fact that I have written to him before and was very polite in both letters. I was direct and matter of fact about my expectations and how the program was not meeting those expectations.

Bottom line, I do not feel he read them and am pretty sure he did not personnally send me the responses. I am pretty sure that they were an auto response or one that a staffer sent for him.

That may speak to the volume of mail he is getting that he is now doing form letters. There are people who have his ear and get personal responses, but they have had direct access for some time.

I suspect the guy gathering the letters feels he has that access (whether it's to Bohn or someone else.)

Let's hope Bohn was out doing some good for the University when he could have been handwriting 2,700 individual notes responding to people telling him his decisions suck and change is needed now. That he should mortgage the AD's future to salvage a 1-3 season now. Bohn knows Buff Nation wants to win, he understands that ... but from where he sits, exactly what is he supposed to do? I for one don't want him to move quickly, I want the next decision to be deliberate and correct from as many angles as possible.

you are wrong

This poster has defended the program the whole time kind of like some here.

That may speak to the volume of mail he is getting that he is now doing form letters. There are people who have his ear and get personal responses, but they have had direct access for some time.

I suspect the guy gathering the letters feels he has that access (whether it's to Bohn or someone else.)

Let's hope Bohn was out doing some good for the University when he could have been handwriting 2,700 individual notes responding to people telling him his decisions suck and change is needed now. That he should mortgage the AD's future to salvage a 1-3 season now. Bohn knows Buff Nation wants to win, he understands that ... but from where he sits, exactly what is he supposed to do? I for one don't want him to move quickly, I want the next decision to be deliberate and correct from as many angles as possible.

Agree with you. The volume may be getting to the breaking point. I am sure that there are folks "advising" Bohn and helping him through this. As for the not moving too quickly, I agree on the decision on who to hire should be deliberate and follow a process. As for letting go of Hawk, I think it needs to be done sooner rather than later. He is not going to be able to recruit moving forward. In order to keep the program from falling further into the abyss, a move will need to be made with respect to his employment. I suspect a couple of more loses will be all that is needed.

By letting him go, at least we will be able to stop some of the negative recruiting that has to be going on. Maybe we will even be able to get some of the kids who were considering CU before this dismall start to the season to wait and see who we bring on. It will not hurt.

Back