What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Getting Clobbered at Home...?

Just to recap, if Oregon scores more than 63, they will set an opponent's record in Folsom, and if they beat us by more than 45, they will set the record for opponent margin of victory at Folsom. They will do both. Glug glug.

that will be rock bottom. there, I said it.

You're right, we're better than this. Who's going to start the "throw things on the field" facebook event?

Considering I was actually in the section that got booted vs. the Nubs 6 years back....happy to get hammered, sit in the student section and do it a gain :cry:

Just to recap, if Oregon scores more than 63, they will set an opponent's record in Folsom, and if they beat us by more than 45, they will set the record for opponent margin of victory at Folsom. They will do both. Glug glug.

how is more than 63 a record? the sooners did us 82-42.

still going to go to the game because if we manage to win I want to be there and see you assholes on the field after the game.

things we did in the student section during the last of fairbanks/beginning of Mac:

1. drink. heavily. repeat. consume other substances. heavily. repeat.
2. move around and socialize with friends.
3. enjoy the sun and listen to music.
4. find dates for that evening.
5. pass her up!
6. cup fights.
7. singing and booing.
8. overall, generally ignore the carnage on the field.
9. homework. yes, i am not kidding. some kids would move to other, empty parts of folsom, stretch out, and do homework, during games.
10. think of interesting ways to insult the other team.

think of it as an outdoor festival, rather than a football game.

things we did in the student section during the last of fairbanks/beginning of Mac:

1. drink. heavily. repeat. consume other substances. heavily. repeat.
2. move around and socialize with friends.
3. enjoy the sun and listen to music.
4. find dates for that evening.
5. pass her up!
6. cup fights.
7. singing and booing.
8. overall, generally ignore the carnage on the field.
9. homework. yes, i am not kidding. some kids would move to other, empty parts of folsom, stretch out, and do homework, during games.
10. think of interesting ways to insult the other team.

think of it as an outdoor festival, rather than a football game.

When I was at CU, the foam dome was a great place to do homework. Not too loud, when you got bored you could watch the basketball game for a while.

My favorite insulting chant: "We don't live in Lincoln, we don't live in Lincoln."

how is more than 63 a record? the sooners did us 82-42.
Sorry, you're right, the 63 put up by Nebraska was the record before the 82 and is still 2nd place. I hazard the prediction that Oregon will not score more than 82, but will beat us by alot more than 45.

We are now officially at rock bottom. This is the saddest thread in my time on this board. The good news is, it's all uphill from here. If Oregon runs a fake punt (assuming they have to punt in this game) while up 35-0, remember the '95 cotton bowl. What goes around comes around in college football. We will have our chance in the future.

anyone else miss the marshmellow fights?

100% MISS THEM.....was thinking that tomorrow would be a good opportunity to bring them back....everyone knows the students would stay til halftime and through halftime with a good old fashioned marshmallow bonanza

Plus we could put a few nails in them and throw them at the Donald Duck to keep our street cred fan base credentials going

Last edited:
Accept defeat from the start; keep everything in front of you; give them five to ten yards a pop; make them run a lot of plays; hope for OU mistakes.

we have this !

“We take our sustainability efforts seriously,” CU Athletic Director Mike Bohn said. “WhiteWave Foods inspired us to start Ralphie’s Green Stampede four years ago and we are very proud of what we have been able to accomplish.”

we have this !

“We take our sustainability efforts seriously,” CU Athletic Director Mike Bohn said. “WhiteWave Foods inspired us to start Ralphie’s Green Stampede four years ago and we are very proud of what we have been able to accomplish.”

That's the moral victory I was searching for.

we have this !

Ralphie's Green Stampede has replaced GPA's and power clean numbers apparently....

Lefty, does this help you come gameday? I have said this before but it doesn't seem to matter that I KNOW we are going to get our butts handed to us (most recent example @ Stanford) I still get really mad and I am just as hurt as if I thought we were going to win the game. No matter how many times I tell myself that the inevitable a**whoopin' won't bother me, it does just as much as any other game.

It is very painful and it makes me not want to watch but I still do. I'll be in my usual seat in Folsom taking the beat down like a man. (or maybe not so much, my wife doesn't think I handle these losses much like a man, LOL) meh.

If we could just keep the score somewhat respectable, at least we would have that. Respect.

Go Buffs!
Actually it does help. If they win, I gleefully admit I was wrong and revel in the unexpected success of the team. For years, under the end of GB's tenure and the entire HaLk error, I waited for, and expected the Buffs to return to some semblance of their former glory, seen from 1989-1998 or so. Aside from 2001 and 2002, they have been but a pale shadow. I have come to accept reality. The Buffs just are not that good of a team right now. It is my hope they will be back, and soon. I have played some FB, certainly not at the level of competition the Buffs do, but I feel I know something about the game. I know a no-hoper when I see one. I am willing to admit that fact, deal with it, and cheer my team on nonetheless. Some prefer to harbor unrealisitic expectations and crash and burn on game day, to each their own.

the ou loss 82-42 was probably the worst one i remember. fairbanks sent an assistant over to the sooner locker room at the half to beg switzer to take it easy on him, for old times's sake. switzer ran the fullback up the middle basically the whole second half and CU scored garbage points, but it was a 100% asskicking, start to finish.

ucla put up 40+ in the first half at folsom during the fairbanks era, but they were merciful and let off the gas in the second half.

that mizzery loss was ****ing bad, too, as was the usc loss.

****. i think this one might top them all.

the difference is, you won't be there this time....

i will...

It'll be interesting seeing an empty Folsom by the 3rd quarter. Pretty strange to see two major college teams playing in front of 7000 people remaining.

o shouldn't lay off the gas.... if they beat the Buffs down, then so be it... their coaches just need to remember "what comes around goes around" one day the Buffs will be back

You can change play calls but u can't tell kids to down the ball and not score. The second and third string offensive weapons are very good and I wouldn't be supervised if they score a bunch of TD's. Not sure that our first string RB or QB will start or play. Knee ans elbow.

We can keep it close if we have a good defensive game plan. I would like to see Jonathan Hawkins start instead of Terrell Smith. Priority number one stop the run. WE need the crowd for this one. Anything is possible.

Back