What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Give AD Mike Bohn a grade

Grade the Athletic Director

• Total voters
Sizzle: A
Steak: C-
Steakhouse: B-
Cash Register: B
Move to make the game in Folsom: A+. Loss to CSU: F. Equals an "F" in my opinion. No brilliance. Couples with siging the ten year Invesco crap, it is an F hands down. Lambs dancing on my field, **** the ****.

He signed a ten year deal which sucks. "F" him. I hate that ****. The thing should have ended. Fire his ass. How much is a CU loss earning the Buffs, effing idots. Money, money, money, all the liberal arts majors suck. Neg rep me Daah you pansie.

:lol:

Move to make the game in Folsom: A+. Loss to CSU: F. Equals an "F" in my opinion. No brilliance. Couples with siging the ten year Invesco crap, it is an F hands down. Lambs dancing on my field, **** the ****.
truth. That 10 year deal also sucks.

The yearly game needed to end. We got our ass handed to us at home. The team was not fired up, the other team was. **** the zen. I bought into that crap. It probably works well when recruiting. Hawkins seems to be keeping promises to certain recruits, when clearly they are not the best players. Play the best, dammit. Play the best, I repeat "F" grade. And come out FIRED UP.

I have to agree, the zen is all cool when you are winning but when you are getting pushed around like pansies by a middle of the road mwc it isn't funny.

Not a lot of fire right now at CU and I'm not sure that's a smart way to play when you aren't very talented to begin with. It kind of reminds me of bad defenses in the NFL. Would you rather play prevent and get beat right down the field and shrug your shoulders or go full out, blitz like crazy, make some plays and but get beat also?. U still suck but at least you are being aggressive and trying. The coaches are kind of just standing around playing prevent defense (not literally) right now with their emotion, playcalling, etc.

I have to agree, the zen is all cool when you are winning but when you are getting pushed around like pansies by a middle of the road mwc it isn't funny.

Not a lot of fire right now at CU and I'm not sure that's a smart way to play when you aren't very talented to begin with. It kind of reminds me of bad defenses in the NFL. Would you rather play prevent and get beat right down the field and shrug your shoulders or go full out, blitz like crazy, make some plays and but get beat also?. U still suck but at least you are being aggressive and trying. The coaches are kind of just standing around playing prevent defense (not literally) right now with their emotion, playcalling, etc.
I want to circumvent this coach. The talent is there, IMO. Unless he changes his melon, more of the same, and a lot of "hope". I don't want hope dammit.

Was a janitor for the department when he arrived. Made some big name hires that looked smart at the time and tried to energize the fan base to get back to supporting the Buffs. Good intentions and initial success do not compensate for the current state of affairs. Another couple of years of losing football and m&w basketball programs and skiing and XC championships won't be able to mask how far the school has fallen.
Has done a good job cleaning up CU image and raising money, but won loss looks terrible.

Last edited:
It is implausible that any one brings anything good home about this game. I was a must win. WHY THE HELL DO WE TAKE IT BACK TO FOLSOM? Take the blinders off, and become the hunter. Bhon's 10 year deal is ****, and he is an idot.

Announce a ten year deal, and then get throttled at home. This guy knows little. Maybe wait until the game is over? That would be too smart. Now we are locked in to playing a ****ty team for 10 years because Bohn bacame mesmerized by Hickengoober? I am enraged, and for those who truly care about the program, you should be too.

It is implausible that any one brings anything good home about this game. I was a must win. WHY THE HELL DO WE TAKE IT BACK TO FOLSOM? Take the blinders off, and become the hunter. Bhon's 10 year deal is ****, and he is an idot.
It will make money at Invesco, and gives CU basically another home game, because they will still have 6 home games at Folsom. It all about the money, he's no idiot - that's what he was hired to do - make money.

Last edited:
Okay, cool, I got my negative rep from Daah, who likes to hear herself talk. Whatevah. You minions would do well to grow a sack, and start wanting to kick some ass instead of wanting to have a "showcase" game (which it will never become), and succombing to propaganda. The game has sucked from day one, and now 10 years more of the same ****. Hope your socialogy
degree serves you well.

CU losing this game is not going to make money.

Maybe for CSU, what planet are you people on?

Pissed about it? Not really. But that's his legacy, now. It was a failed experiment that wasn't an experiment at all. We all knew they were lying to our faces when they said they'd see if the beer ban had any impact on alcohol consumption. It very clearly has NOT had even the slightest impact on alcohol consumption. All it's done is taken several hundred thousand dollars of revenue away from the AD.

It's Bohn's deal. He has to live with a stadium that isn't full at kickoff because of his bonehead policy. That is keeping him from getting an "A" from me. I still think he's done a good job.

Bohn does not have the power to bring beer back. Only the Regents can do that.

I voted C, but I'm second guessing my vote. I think D is more acceptable. Yes he's done some good things, but not winning in the sports that bring in revenue (Football and MBB) is aiming for failure.

Bohn does not have the power to bring beer back. Only the Regents can do that.

If he went to the Regents and said "Look, we took beer out of the stadium to see if it would curb alcohol consumption. It has not done that. In fact, we believe that the absence of beer sales has led to increased hard liquor consumption outside the stadium before the game and during halftime. Because of this, it is my recommendation that we resume beer sales at both Folsom and at the Coors Events Center". I have very little doubt that the Regents would approve it. He may not have the power to bring it back, but he has the ability to pursuade those that do.

I think you're putting too much emphasis on the on field success of the teams he has under him. PR and fundraising is, IMO, 90% of his job. Hiring and firing coaches is the other 10%.

If he went to the Regents and said "Look, we took beer out of the stadium to see if it would curb alcohol consumption. It has not done that. In fact, we believe that the absence of beer sales has led to increased hard liquor consumption outside the stadium before the game and during halftime. Because of this, it is my recommendation that we resume beer sales at both Folsom and at the Coors Events Center". I have very little doubt that the Regents would approve it. He may not have the power to bring it back, but he has the ability to pursuade those that do.

Maybe, I dunno. I just know it's not his call at the end of the day.

I think you're putting too much emphasis on the on field success of the teams he has under him. PR and fundraising is, IMO, 90% of his job. Hiring and firing coaches is the other 10%.

PR and fundraising is all helped by good teams on the field, and hampered by bad teams on the field. That's why I give him a D. His coaching hires, which I really liked at the time he made them, have not panned out. In fact, they've been disasters.

Surprisingly I gave Bohn a 'C' because I think he's done what he could to clean up CU's image and start it back on the path to athletic viability. His coaching hires haven't been the best but I'm not totally down on coach Bzdelik yet because the basketball program (unlike football) has never been good. He needs to show progress this year though. The hawk hire on the other hand now looks like an unmitigated disaster. Still though, from Bohn's perspective it made sense at the time. Hawk had indeed had success and the hope was he could transfer that success to Boulder. Oops.

C- from me for taking the CSU game back to Denver. I wanted a stance on keeping the game in Boulder and Ft. Collins.

He hasn't been perfect but is a lot better than Tharp. I'm happy with him as AD

PR and fundraising is all helped by good teams on the field, and hampered by bad teams on the field. That's why I give him a D. His coaching hires, which I really liked at the time he made them, have not panned out. In fact, they've been disasters.

He can't control the on-field success of the teams. All he can do is make the best decisions he can make with the information he's given in the situation he's in both financially and atmosphere-wise. The fact that he's been able to increase ticket sales for the football season after the team has had three losing seasons in a row speaks volumes to me. His job is to make money - period. He's doing that. He was more than willing to keep Barnett around until it became obvious that doing so would end up costing the AD money. Once that happened, bang - he's gone. Same deal with Hawk. He'll keep him around as long as people continue to buy tickets and boosters continue to write checks. Once there's a real danger of that stopping (and we may be very close to that spot right now), then he'll pull the trigger again. That's how it's done, and that's how he's operated.

We're light years ahead of where we were under Tharp.

He can't control the on-field success of the teams. All he can do is make the best decisions he can make with the information he's given in the situation he's in both financially and atmosphere-wise. The fact that he's been able to increase ticket sales for the football season after the team has had three losing seasons in a row speaks volumes to me. His job is to make money - period. He's doing that. He was more than willing to keep Barnett around until it became obvious that doing so would end up costing the AD money. Once that happened, bang - he's gone. Same deal with Hawk. He'll keep him around as long as people continue to buy tickets and boosters continue to write checks. Once there's a real danger of that stopping (and we may be very close to that spot right now), then he'll pull the trigger again. That's how it's done, and that's how he's operated.

We're light years ahead of where we were under Tharp.

so...if we lose on friday night, what is bohn's move with hawkins? a loss to toledo is going to cost the athletic department a lot of support, imo...

The semester grade for Bohn is premature.
Does Bohn cling to Dan Hawkins like Dan Hawkins clings to Cody?
Or does Bohn come out and say that he set the table for Hawkins to win, but it's up to Hawkins to deliver on his part of the bargain?

Bohn is about meeting the bottom line target. Unfortunately, in order to do so, the football program has to be pimped out on Sunday night or Friday night or Thursday night.

Everyone knows that the marque teams play on Saturday.

Bohn needs to have a come to Jesus meeting and explain that the program is in a downward spiral. The ONLY way to pull out of the spiral is by being competitive and winning games. If Hawkins can't do that year after year with the facilities available, then Bohn needs to find someone who can.

Fairchild from CSU, and Peterson from Boise and June Jones back when he was at Hawaii have all proven that it's possible to do more with less.

Last edited by a moderator:
so...if we lose on friday night, what is bohn's move with hawkins? a loss to toledo is going to cost the athletic department a lot of support, imo...
if he loses to Toledo, especially in embarassing fashion... I say the chances are 50/50 hes gone.

A loss to Toledo won't cost anything right now. There's still 11 games left this season. If we start 0-2 and finish 10-2, nobody will care and the checks will come pouring in.

Bohn will wait until the end of the season to make any decisions.

A loss to Toledo won't cost anything right now. There's still 11 games left this season. If we start 0-2 and finish 10-2, nobody will care and the checks will come pouring in.

While it's true that it's premature to make a decission, it's also true that it's not too early to take action. Time to blow the dust off of that 'contingency plan' file and start some exploritory discusions.

i agree that bohn will wait.

an oh and two start will not lead to an ten and two finish however. if we lose this friday, this staff will have trouble pulling off a break-even season.

this game is for hawkins' job.

Back