What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Give me your prediction on the chances of Embree is coming back for next year

C.U. seems to think they are like Harvard Yale or Brown ect. They don"t need football or is it just me?

I'd be curious to know what Benson and DiStefano think Notre Dame would be if not for its football program. Do they realize it would just be one of a thousand random Catholic universities with good academics? Just another "St. Francis" or something?

Without a win in the last three games he won't be back.

Next week's game is going to be Fresno/USC/Oregon all over again. Then the team comes back to get blown out in front of 27k against Washington and finish up with a convincing loss against the Utes. I imagine Bohn has been prepping the press release for weeks.

My life long pals and 3rd gen boulder colo Buffs fans and 3 C.U grads in the bunch just don't know what to think at this point. It's sad..

I'd be curious to know what Benson and DiStefano think Notre Dame would be if not for its referees. Do they realize it would just be one of a thousand random Catholic universities with good academics? Just another "St. Francis" or something?

fify

Keep in mind not too many AD's get to hire 3 head coaches, if (when) Embree gets canned it's also a direct reflection on the AD's incompetence weather the hire was his decision or not.

Face it folks. BENSON is not going to allow Bohn to fire him. Embree might be forced to make some coaching changes but I don't see that happening either. CU is stuck, just like they were with hawk. We are f***ed as long as benson is calling the shots.

We will ride a seven turnover performance by one of our next three opponents to a 10-7 win, guaranteeing Embo another year. Next year the Buffs win three to earn him a three year extention

Face it folks. BENSON is not going to allow Bohn to fire him. Embree might be forced to make some coaching changes but I don't see that happening either. CU is stuck, just like they were with hawk. We are f***ed as long as benson is calling the shots.

I respectfully, but absolutely positively disagree with this assertion. Benson doesn't give a **** about the football program, or Bohn, or Embree. All he cares about is money. He kept Hawkins because of...ding ding ding! Money! The cost of Embree staying another season will be WAY more than even the Hawkins buyout. Money talks, and Embree walks.

I respectfully, but absolutely positively disagree with this assertion. Benson doesn't give a **** about the football program, or Bohn, or Embree. All he cares about is money. He kept Hawkins because of...ding ding ding! Money! The cost of Embree staying another season will be WAY more than even the Hawkins buyout. Money talks, and Embree walks.

Benson cares about real money. CU athletics is a $50M revenue stream matched by a $50M expense. Its a break even proposition with large capital needs.

Benson is running an enterprise that is over $2 billion. He's not going to spend on football. Time he spends not thinking about football is used to solicit huge grants that are needed to suppliment revenue not provided by the state and state controlled tuition.

To Benson, football is a dollar chasing a dime.

Benson cares about real money. CU athletics is a $50M revenue stream matched by a $50M expense. Its a break even proposition with large capital needs.

Benson is running an enterprise that is over $2 billion. He's not going to spend on football. Time he spends not thinking about football is used to solicit huge grants that are needed to suppliment revenue not provided by the state and state controlled tuition.

To Benson, football is a dollar chasing a dime.

Well you just made my argument for me. Firing Embree, he won't have to spend on football, it will take care of itself, whereas it will cost more to keep him. The best way for him to free up time from thinking about football is to fire the staff so we can all move on. Otherwise he will have football shoved in his face every waking moment until he acts.

I respectfully disagree with your assertion. You said it, he doesn't care and has already stated he would not support firing embree.

Well you just made my argument for me. Firing Embree, he won't have to spend on football, it will take care of itself, whereas it will cost more to keep him. The best way for him to free up time from thinking about football is to fire the staff so we can all move on. Otherwise he will have football shoved in his face every waking moment until he acts.

What you are assuming that I suspect is wrong is that Benson actually thinks about football at all, even in financial terms.

During Benson's tenure, he has yanked the presidents office out of boulder, and he has focused his energy on the medical facility. Anshutz was the recipient of more grant money than the boulder campus. Benson does not think about football now, and I doubt he's going to start thinking about it any time soon.

The worst thing that can happen is we win the Utah game. We actually have a chance at that one and if we win it, they will point to it as a "turning point" game or some crap like that.

Other than that, it would be financially stupid to keep the staff after laying this turd of a season. I am not renewing my season tickets next year. In fact, I am not even going to a game next year unless we are above .500 after October 1st. When you factor in parking, food and other money I waste at the stadium and multiply that times 6 for each home game and then by however many people are in my same boat, this adds up to a lot of lost revenue. Just today instead of going to the game, I dropped $100 at a nice restaurant instead. Easily money that CU could have had if they were even remotely competitive.

With Embree's relatively small salary, they can find some hot new coordinator type and move on to that guy when they are supposed to instead of making the Hawkins mistake again. We can only hope that they actually learned from their mistake though!

So in the end, I would bet that if we get blown out in the rest of the games, yeah, we get a new coach. Win a game or even play the games mildly close and we have an even deeper hole to dig out of than when we finally got rid of Hawkins a year too late.

I'll happily admit that I was 100% wrong about this one. Thought there was no chance JE wouldn't get another year. Credit where it's due to those of you smart enough to see it coming.

Back