What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Givens

Nobody's talked about this too much, but maybe the argument should be which side to put Givens on, rather than whether he should be a guard or a tackle? Maybe we should switch Solder to RT and have Givens at LT, since Givens is quicker and Solder is so huge. Solder at 6'9" 310 and Miller at 6'7" 320 at RG would be a pretty nasty strong side combo, and Givens would be more likely to face speed rushers on the left side anyway. And if we run the counter trey to the left, with Givens and say MTM blocking down and Miller and Solder pulling around to the left, Scott and Stewart could be spending a lot of time in the endzone this year.

But hey, if our problem this year is where to fit guys on the field, that's a lot better than trying to figure out who's healthy enough to play.

But hey, if our problem this year is where to fit guys on the field, that's a lot better than trying to figure out who's healthy enough to play.

I told my dad today, 2 years ago we had something like 6 OL and we couldnt even use them during the spring game. It is very nice to see the groups line up and see 4 lines with 3 or 4 players in each line. It is the same way for every position, we have players to pick from instead of saying well we dont have anyone else so you will have to step up and start.

I don't understand why they don't move givens to fullback.

BTW... any news on Cobra Kai now that he's eligible at fUCLA?

I don't understand why they don't move givens to fullback.

BTW... any news on Cobra Kai now that he's eligible at fUCLA?

Since he tore his MCL early last year in practice, I'm imagining that he's rehabbing his knee.

I'm probably just an old fogey, but I sure prefer Givens' haircut to Kai's. He and Miller look like throwbacks, as opposed to that "Cousin It on steroids" look that is all too common these days.

The starting center from last year for UCLA was Micah Kia, and he's a senior this year. The second string center from last year was Jake Dean, and he's back this year too. I'm thinking Kai Maiava is going to be on the bench. Of course, UCLA hasn't released a depth chart yet.

Well, I stand corrected. Still find it hard to believe that last year's starter isn't going to be the center this year for them.

Back