1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giving some credit where credit is due.

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by o_robbie, Oct 2, 2012.

1. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

We are doing a heck of a job recruiting DL the past couple of cylces. Glad to see it. I think we will be very strong on the DL for the next 3 to 4 years.

2. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Coaching them too. The conventional wisdom was that we would have great LBs, improved DBs, and a very shakey line. Far from it; they've been the strengh of the D. 22nd in the nation in sacks.

3. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Being strong on the dline will only help the db's and lb's grow. I dont like everything this staff is doing but they are on the right track in this aspect. Think our dline coach is a keeper, never thought id see Poston play much less making plays. We will have a very good D with time and a little luck.

4. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

The crazy thing is we technically have two d-line coaches (Tui and Kanavis). McGhee had hardly any coaching experience yet he seems to be the one who is flourishing at this level. Tui was a proven coach and recruiter.

5. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Coaches, my bad. They are doing their job imho. Im liking the dline direction for the future. 2 lines tho, other side needs some work.

6. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

OL is brutal. I can't see the OL coach being retained after this season.

7. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

Excellent work to Tui and KM. KM was seen as the most questionable hire, glad to see he's pulling his weight. Now if only the rest of the team would do something....

8. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I will agree. DT and DE have seen the talent improved big time. Great work by Tui/KM. Now if we could just fast forward a year or two so that they aren't all so young.

9. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Tui and KM are the best recruiters on the staff and the DL play has been really the only good part of the team thus far. Kudos

10. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

+1 and maybe they should give advise to Marshall on where the OL weakness' are from the defensive view point? Or just go help him coach