What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

glad to see that S and C finally made an adjustment

Good old offseason. We're always so buff during the offseason. I look forward to the first time ever that it actually translates to the football field this fall!

I sat in on a couple sessions with Foreman at the Glazier clinic a few weeks back and during his "advanced" session, he talked about how the team is just now getting into some of the really good, complex workouts. He said there was no way he was able to introduce some of the things they are now doing, until he had developed a good S&C foundation with the kids. One of the examples he used was the introduction of the French Contrast (Google is your friend here) methods in a lot of their workouts. He said the gains/improvements he's seen in the players have been off the charts compared to prior years.
More specifically, French contrast blue waffle. Google remains your friend here.

My comment was pointed to fans like Boyd who put MacIntyre as infallible and not having any accountability for decision they made in the past. Boyd acts like the mistakes never happen and MacIntyre is a genius. I have no idea on S&C but I know CU fans like to say the last guy was c--p and the new guy is great when it comes to S&C staff. Blacken was pretty good.

Yeah. Blacken was pretty good. He had started to fix a lot of the problems in the S&C program from the Hawkins days when they put so much focus on maxing Olympic lifts with little regard to form and we saw all those shoulder & knee injuries from that (plus guys looking stiff on the field).

More specifically, French contrast blue waffle. Google remains your friend here.

Throw out your hands, stick out your tush, hands on your hips, give them a push!

[video=youtube;JMK6lzmSk2o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMK6lzmSk2o[/video]

Yeah. Blacken was pretty good. He had started to fix a lot of the problems in the S&C program from the Hawkins days when they put so much focus on maxing Olympic lifts with little regard to form and we saw all those shoulder & knee injuries from that (plus guys looking stiff on the field).

From all that posing they were taught for the Body Builder competitions!

Blacken had different issues with form, though: he expected the kids to know what to do and to motivate themselves , as his former pro millionaire charges did.

Nobody ever beat Doc Kreis for lifting-induced shoulder injuries, something like 32 different players lost PT due to shoulder problems during his reign of terror.

Forman, by all accounts, is a stickler for correct form, which is learned using lighter weights, so as not to cause injury. Teaching a 100+ guys to do things the right way is time-consuming even with a full complement of assistants.

So, we're all happy with S&C now. Correct? Next subject.

I was hoping we could discuss the persecution and subsequent lack of opportunity for Christian white males in American society.

I was hoping we could discuss the persecution and subsequent lack of opportunity for Christian white males in American society.

NO! I want to discuss the existential nihilism hinted at in the film:[h=1]The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat As Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade[/h]
Nothing else matters!

NO! I want to discuss the existential nihilism hinted at in the film:The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat As Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade

Nothing else matters!

You're not doing it right.

NO! I want to discuss the existential nihilism hinted at in the film:[h=1]The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat As Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade[/h]
Nothing else matters!
I thought the sequel was funnier.

Throw out your hands, stick out your tush, hands on your hips, give them a push!

[video=youtube;JMK6lzmSk2o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMK6lzmSk2o[/video]
CU%202013%20Spring%20Football%20first%20day342-L.jpg

NO! I want to discuss the existential nihilism hinted at in the film:The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat As Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade

Nothing else matters!
You know I don't speak Spanish!

we still saw a **** ton of injuries under blacken.

That is a really big problem. Who will speak up for these poor, disenfranchised souls?

Nothing else matters!

un chien andalusia

I just wanted to chime in and say that Marat/Sade is maybe the greatest work of theater ever created.

It's the offseason, alright.

Back