What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Glad we have a DU hoops on our site

Mick Ronson

imgad

nothing against our mods, AB is a great site.....it's like i used to sit in the UMC getting ready to teach as a doc student and watch trucks back into the UMC with DU sports ads on them and think...."we are getting out marketed on our own freakin campus".

Last edited:
absinthe can comment more - but I believe the ad company we use serves ads based on what searches lead visitors here, and where people are coming from. DU is a bit strange I suppose, but we also get a lot of fusker ads for some reason.

absinthe can comment more - but I believe the ad company we use serves ads based on what searches lead visitors here, and where people are coming from. DU is a bit strange I suppose, but we also get a lot of fusker ads for some reason.

There is one ad on here a lot for a site that sells college team gear. The team shown in the ad is totally determined by thread content (KU in the Mangino thread, UF in the Urban thread, NU in the "what's new in corn" thread, etc.).

Basically the way it works is the ad serving's company runs through a series of checks: time of day, location, price, over all inventory, ads already served to a user, and uses that info to select a pool of potential ads. From that pool they then review the content of what ever page/pages are on the site and serve accordingly. We get a lot of fusker ads becuase we talk about them a lot. The DU is likely more a case of DU going to the ad-server and saying "on this day, at these times, serve our b-ball ads to local users who might make a snap decision to go to the game."

Back