What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Go and like the CU Hoops Facebook Pages for Buffs Madness!

smart marketing move by the department to use this to increase publicity and gain more followers.

Glad to hear the madness will most likely be happening....but the facebook page thing is ridiculous as it's pretty stupid that each team has their own specific facebook page, and the AD has their own page, and another page for all sports, and another page for fall sports, etc.

I get so many alerts for the exact same thing from the multiple Facebook pages "liked" that provide the exact same info and news feeds, it's become more annoying than useful

Glad to hear the madness will most likely be happening....but the facebook page thing is ridiculous as it's pretty stupid that each team has their own specific facebook page, and the AD has their own page, and another page for all sports, and another page for fall sports, etc.

I get so many alerts for the exact same thing from the multiple Facebook pages "liked" that provide the exact same info and news feeds, it's become more annoying than useful

The CU AD is still trying to figure out this social media thing. I'm glad they're now trying and are trying to work with the fan sites to rally support. You're absolutely correct that they aren't very good at it yet. At this point, I think it's important that we do our part to demonstrate that the effort's worthwhile so they increase the commitment and work the bugs out instead of abandoning it. There are forces at work in the AD that fear new media and would love to stay away from any media they can't control or which will react strongly negative to CU athletics putting out a poor product.

The CU AD is still trying to figure out this social media thing. I'm glad they're now trying and are trying to work with the fan sites to rally support. You're absolutely correct that they aren't very good at it yet. At this point, I think it's important that we do our part to demonstrate that the effort's worthwhile so they increase the commitment and work the bugs out instead of abandoning it. There are forces at work in the AD that fear new media and would love to stay away from any media they can't control or which will react strongly negative to CU athletics putting out a poor product.

Oh hi mr Plati. Welcome to the future

The CU AD is still trying to figure out this football thing. I'm glad they're now trying and are trying to work with the fan sites to rally support. You're absolutely correct that they aren't very good at it yet. At this point, I think it's important that we do our part to demonstrate that the effort's worthwhile so they increase the commitment and work the bugs out instead of abandoning it. There are forces at work in the AD that fear football and would love to stay away from any media they can't control or which will react strongly negative to CU athletics putting out a poor product.

fify :cry:
But I digress as this is in the hoops forum.

Back