What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Go Huskies

Yes I know that but this is the present and Wisconsin is ranked #5 with an amazing offense with a huge O line and a good duo of RBs in Ball and Clay. OSU is OSU and Michigan will be back with a new coach, probably Harbaugh. Just cause I'm young doesn't mean I don't know the history of college football. In the Big 12, NU was arguably the best historically team but in the Big 10 they are not. They're 3rd yes but every since 2001, they have not been the same as they were in the 1990's. A decade like that will never happen again for NU. I don't see NU being able to compete with OSU and Michigan for recruits in the near future, especially with how terrible they looked last night against a meh UW team.

That's a much better argument. The 90s were fantastic for nebraska, but the 60s, 70s and 80s were pretty good too. I agree that they're a shadow of their former selves, but I don't know how long they'll stay down. The optimist in me says forever, but they generate too much money as a program, and have too many fans willing to literally kill members of the staff to not get that thing turned around.

And keep in mind, we're talking about nebraska as if they really, truly suck (and they do) but their team won 10 games this season. I'd argue that two of those victories--OSU and Mizzou--were actually quality wins.

Had they played a Big 10 schedule, the probably would have dropped a few more, sure. But like I said before, it wasn't until this year that the Big 10 was any good (since the 90s).

They went 9-4...quit giving them more credit than they deserve. I acknowledge that the 60's. 70's, and 80's were good decades for them to but I don't see them returning to be that good. Winning 5 national championships, with 3 coming in the 90's is something very special that I don't see them doing again. Once teams, except CU figured out how to contain Martinez, they were not a good team, and the argument about how his ankle was hurt, I think he was just being a little bitch about it. And had they played a real OOC schedule, and not played Western Kentucky, Idaho, Washington, and South Dakota State, they would not have had the same record. I just don't see them being the same team they were in the 1990's any time soon.

They went 9-4...quit giving them more credit than they deserve. I acknowledge that the 60's. 70's, and 80's were good decades for them to but I don't see them returning to be that good. Winning 5 national championships, with 3 coming in the 90's is something very special that I don't see them doing again. Once teams, except CU figured out how to contain Martinez, they were not a good team, and the argument about how his ankle was hurt, I think he was just being a little bitch about it. And had they played a real OOC schedule, and not played Western Kentucky, Idaho, Washington, and South Dakota State, they would not have had the same record. I just don't see them being the same team they were in the 1990's any time soon.

God I'd love to go 9-4! If we went 9-4, I think we would be hard-pressed to find an allbuffer who didn't think we were back. Wasn't OSU ooc schedule creamy and puffy? Isn't that what Gee got bitch slapped with?

Yeah the majority of the big time schools play these terrible OOC schedules. I can understand if an SEC team schedules on in the middle of conference play but 4 straight weeks of cream puff teams is bull****.

And also, if we went 9-4 I wouldn't consider us back but to where we want to be with room to grow.

Yeah the majority of the big time schools play these terrible OOC schedules. I can understand if an SEC team schedules on in the middle of conference play but 4 straight weeks of cream puff teams is bull****.

If TCU beats Wisconsin, I think we should rename the Big 10 to the Lab 10, with the two divisions being named "Inner" and "Outer."

I don't see Wisconsin losing to TCU, they have too big of a O line and too good of a running game.

It's going to be interesting with the Huskers in the Big Ten. I think as most do, that the Huskers will be a force in their new conference. It is true the teams you listed are tough, but hey, this is football.

The Huskers won't be the ones being picked on as you say. How do you think the Buffs will stack up in the Pac-12 next year. I'm seeing problems for them for at least the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Good Luck in the 12-Pac!

This wasn't about CU, yes they will have problems, but remember you guys just got destroyed by a team that went 0-12 two years ago, ZERO wins!

Just a small correction to the discussion here: The Huskers went 10 and 4 this season. The schedule is listed.
I am happy with 10 wins, but they should have several more this year. The Texas A & M and the Oklahoma games come to mind.

2010 Husker Games
09/04 W. KENTUCKY W 49-10
09/11 IDAHO W 38-17
09/18 WASHINGTON W 56-21
09/25 S. DAKOTA ST. W 17-3
10/07 KANSAS ST. W 48-13
10/16 TEXAS L 20-13
10/23 OKLA. STATE W 51-41
10/30 MISSOURI W 31-17
11/06 IOWA STATE W 31-30
11/13 KANSAS W 20-3
11/20 TEXAS A&M L 9-6
11/26 COLORADO W 45-17
12/04 OKLAHOMA L 23-20
12/30 WASHINGTON L 19-7

Excuse me, son. I've been going to CU games since 1972. I've seen it all. I've been to Lincoln and seen glorious CU victories and catastrophic, heart breaking defeats.

It was fun while it lasted. It's over now. I might be able to continue to hate them the way I hate Notre Dame. Their fans are remarkably similar in their view of the college football landscape. But a true, deep seeded "I'd rather beat them than eat" hatred just doesn't exist for me anymore.

I probably have more experience behind the scenes in the NU/CU rivalry than most buff fans (unfortunatly). What I have been through and seen, I will always hold a grudge.

Everything from the games I have been to, the husker fans I know, my dad a former player and president of the Buff club and my grandpa a former husker. I saw a lot of stuff most buff fans didn't. And I'm not bragging about that.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to hold a grudge against a team we'll never play again. If we meet in the Rose Bowl, though - it's on. The hate will return like a biblical flood. I'll slash a few tires and kick a few old ladies down some stairs just to get back in practice.

You have to remember, I'm an old man - sat in Folsom for alot of years watching them run up the score. After the game, they would take over the Harvest House. I just love seeing them lose and listen to their fans pi$$ and moan.
They sure could and still can dish it out, it's just fun for me to see them take it.

Im friends with two guys on FB from an NU board. There were at least 4 threads pissing and moaning about last night. There was one thread about the UConn interuption that one had 25 comments. :lol:

There was one thread about the UConn interuption that one had 25 comments. :lol:

I have to agree with them on that one. The UConn game was on ESPN2 so most people watching ESPN could have turned the channel if they wanted to see the game. And then the lead story on SportsCenter was the UConn game. I know that Bristol in in Connecticut but no one else cares.

I just have to say, as a Buff living in Seattle and having been at the first meeting in September when the Nubs were in town, this win for the Dawgs felt real good! Locker played his heart out and this win is being looked upon as a great win in the history of Washington football. Living in the city here you can't help but become a fan and pull for the dawgs, until next October 15th that is when the BUFFS visit the emerald city. Needless to say I am already counting the days. Go Buffs!

Back