What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Go Navy - Beat Army

Given the Army QB that played yesteday and the loss of Reynolds from Navy, I'm guessing that the odds of 15 in a row will be quite slim. Think next year may the one when Army finally gets a victory.

Funny how that rivalry was all but even for the entire time with the exception of the last 14 years.

Spiff to the person next to him in the stands: You know those Apaches pretty much fly themselves.
Person in stands: Don't be an asshole
Actually, I told the person next to me that they were bad ass. He told me that they would be more bad ass if they spent less time needing to be fixed. A little bit later he called me an ass hole. but since he's my cousin, I let it slide.

That was an awesome game. And by that, I mean much more than the outcome.

If I had to sum it up the entire experience with one word, it would be unique-patriotic-awesomeness.

The pre-game is amazing. I've seen flyovers and parachute jumpers before but the Navy jump team was insane. I actually felt bad for the Army team that jumped second because there was no way they could top it. And the crowd reaction to the Apache flyover was strong to say the least.

I guess what I enjoyed the most was that despite the intense competition and desire to win, before and after the game it really is an atmosphere of brotherhood. I rode a packed subway back to the hotel, with plenty of fans from both sides as well as Mids and Cadets. I hazard to guess that if that was a subway car packed with fans from any other passionate rivalry, after a game that wasn't decided until the last play, that there would have been trouble. But the comeraderie that exists outside of those 60 minutes is inspiring. I saw Mids and Cadets sharing stories with each other about their academy experience and asking each other questions about uniform insignia, etc.

All of this is just to say, if you ever get a chance to go to this game, especially in Philly, do it. It was a unique experience that me and my dad won't soon forget.

The fly-overs do add a dimension to the atmosphere. When my brother was at the AFA we were sitting in the south endzone once for a Navy game. They started running the normal fly-bys with the standard fighter aircraft. All the sudden things started to almost shake when they passed 3 B-52s at a fairly low level which was seriously impressive, those suckers are huge. Then to top it they ripped through with a pair of Warthogs so close you could read lettering on the planes. Amazing

The fly-overs do add a dimension to the atmosphere. When my brother was at the AFA we were sitting in the south endzone once for a Navy game. They started running the normal fly-bys with the standard fighter aircraft. All the sudden things started to almost shake when they passed 3 B-52s at a fairly low level which was seriously impressive, those suckers are huge. Then to top it they ripped through with a pair of Warthogs so close you could read lettering on the planes. Amazing
Just as the term "Wuba" as a reference to females at the Naval Academy, has been banned for use by Midshipmen, I believe that the term "Warthog" is similarly frowned upon at the Air Force Academy.

Just as the term "Wuba" as a reference to females at the Naval Academy, has been banned for use by Midshipmen, I believe that the term "Warthog" is similarly frowned upon at the Air Force Academy.
Based on what I saw this weekend, a Chiquita sticker wouldn't bring much shame.

Back