What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Go Navy - beat Army!

not a huge fan of the hype around this one. as far as football, meh. i get it otherwise. i'm evil. commie bastard whatever. but, when it comes to the service academies i'm a local guy. i pull for AFA against both these teams. welcome to the modern world, i guess.

Last edited:
both grandfathers were navy and my best friend growing up is currently flying helicopters (yeah yeah) for the navy. that said, i would like to see army finally one of these. maybe next year.

Fun game to watch. Bummer for Army. You know they're pouring everything they have into that game.

I've always enjoyed the pageantry of this game, plus I love the way they play with all the running and option game. I also felt bad for Army since they haven't beat Navy in 10 years. I thought for sure this game had been played in Washington before but I guess it was Baltimore that I was thinking of.

not a huge fan of the hype around this one. as far as football, meh. i get it otherwise. i'm evil. commie bastard whatever. but, when it comes to the service academies i'm a local guy. i pull for AFA against both these teams. welcome to the modern world, i guess.

Totally agree about AFA. As much as I enjoy the tradition and the pageantry of Army/Navy, I would really like to know why AFA doesn't rate the Commander in Chief sitting with both sides and all the hype that this game gets. Last time I checked, AFA is just as much a service academy as West Point or Annapolis...

Totally agree about AFA. As much as I enjoy the tradition and the pageantry of Army/Navy, I would really like to know why AFA doesn't rate the Commander in Chief sitting with both sides and all the hype that this game gets. Last time I checked, AFA is just as much a service academy as West Point or Annapolis...

If they wanted to, they could invite the top commander of the Air Force to be present at the game, with the Commander In Chief trophy sitting in the chair next to him. That would be kewl.

In all seriousness, this is a game I'd like to attend at some point in my life.

In all fairness Army and Navy have been playing football for well over 100 years, while AF has only been playing football since the mid 50's.

Air Force dominates both series, too:

AFA leads Army 32-13, including 21/23 and 6 straight

AFA leads Navy 27-17, although it's certainly more contentious as Navy had won 6 straight before AFA won in 2010 and AFA's scam win in 2011.

I've always enjoyed the pageantry of this game, plus I love the way they play with all the running and option game. I also felt bad for Army since they haven't beat Navy in 10 years. I thought for sure this game had been played in Washington before but I guess it was Baltimore that I was thinking of.
They've played the game in Philadelphia quite a few times in recent years as well.

This.

That Navy Fullback -Tietch - is going into the Navy Seal program. That's one badass dude.

He's going to BUDS. Most don't make it through.

If any SEALS took time off from killing people to watch that game, they cringed every time an announcer said that he was gonna be a SEAL.

You gotta earn that **** first. It's not the kid's fault, but a pretty major faux pas on the announcers part.

If any SEALS took time off from killing people to watch that game, they cringed every time an announcer said that he was gonna be a SEAL.

You gotta earn that **** first. It's not the kid's fault, but a pretty major faux pas on the announcers part.

Yeah, that was pretty bad. Surprised me though because usually the announcers (IMO) do a pretty good job of being accurate for this game.

My girlfriend and I were laughing at that part. I've known lots of "SEALS" that never made it through.

My thoughts exactly, but with Verne Lundquist in the booth, most of the stuff that hit the airwaves was likely to be a little out there. I think he's got a great voice for football, but like Pat Summerall announcing for the Cotton Bowl, Verne has a lot a step or ten.

Back