What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Go NAVY! BEAT Army!

Hmmm...huge recruiting infomercial for both academies and they bust out tasteful but really cool alternate unis...they could be on to something, unlike the regular season wisky-neb game that looked like the Noid gang versus the wonder boy gang.

And if you think our entrance requirements are tough, watch out. :rofl:

Keep in mind that everyone at both schools, including the kids in the stands, are also on scholarship. Then they give 4-8 more after graduation.

I know all about the requirements. Navy was one of my top choices when I chose CU. Navy nuke school used to be in my back yard, and I grew up with a bunch of navy folks in Orlando. Had everything in order until I took my recruiting trip to Boulder.

What about Navy's coach as a candidate?

Watch your mouth.

Colorado:
Keep in mind that sources have informed me that Tim DeRuyter and Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo do have interest in the Colorado head coaching job. -coachingsearch.com​

Damn it Army. I always root against Navy ever since they told me I was too stupid to go there when I applied. (Unless they're playing ND). Their rejection was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I know all about the requirements. Navy was one of my top choices when I chose CU. Navy nuke school used to be in my back yard, and I grew up with a bunch of navy folks in Orlando. Had everything in order until I took my recruiting trip to Boulder.

Rep. It's amazing how few kids even realize the service academies are there. I didn't have the grades to get in but I have family friends that are alums.

I was also 1 inch too tall for the requirements. They said they'd waive it, but I was more than trepidatious about being just a little too tall for everything for four years, plus, no one made me make my bed at CU.

If we havent hired already look for us to speak with navy's coach. Dont know a lot about him and wouldnt be psyched as the service academy coaches dont do it for me but there is a lot of talk around this

Do like rooting for the zoomies though. Used to be one of the best game day tailgates out there. Games at west point and annapolis are more historic and picturesque but the tailgating at AFA is one of the best going

I was also 1 inch too tall for the requirements. They said they'd waive it, but I was more than trepidatious about being just a little too tall for everything for four years, plus, no one made me make my bed at CU.

Bill McCartney failed you. :wink2:

Funny thing about those USNA alums I know/knew. Everyday is get up and slay the world day. I would have washed in year 1 if not plebe summer.

Back