What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Go Navy !!!

My brother and I took our dad to this game last year in Philly, as a bucket list trip. I cannot overstate how much fun this game is, even if you have no affiliation to USNA or West Point (we don't). Probably my favorite college football game experience ever. Highly recommend it to anyone.

Go Canoe U!

So, army may win the coolest uniform today with the WWII paratroop look. Navy is going with a 1962 throwback (9-2, Cotton Bowl & a Heisman).

Screen_Shot_2016_12_09_at_11.43.32_AM.0.png

The 14 gold stars on the helmet represent 14 in a row, with the 15th white star being this year's game.

GO ARMY!!! End that goddam streak!!

Always used to root for Navy in this game, going back to the days of Joe Bellini and Roger Staubach. But then two of my grand-nephews (brothers), who I used to babysit on occasion, matriculated to the Point. One graduated May '15, and his younger brother is a Third Year there now. Blood being thicker than water, etc. etc..

Last edited:
My grandfather was a midshipman at the Naval Academy and subsequently a commander of a sub hunter (USS Saucy) during WWII. So Go Navy!

The navy misplaced my official transcripts from BHS for my ROTC application.

I'm conflicted.

My middle name, the "B" in DBT is given after my grandfather's commanding officer in WW1. My namesake later became an Admiral. My dad was a submariner in 1945 a '49. I always was a Navy fan. Then we had a kid from San Angelo who played for the Middy's. Go Navy!!

I have relatives on both sides of this one, so I'm neutral. Hope it's a good game.

Sorry fellas, gotta go with Army. My dad and brother both went and were in two wars. I like Navy and Air Force as well, just can't bring myself to root for Navy today.

AFA fan

Would prefer Army to win simply to help return some balance to the competition. The CIC trophy is one of the great prizes in sport. These guys go out and give it everything they have to win it then join together at the final whistle knowing that it may not be long when they are counting on each other in life and death situations.

I forget, who won the Commander-in-Chief's trophy this year?

The Zoomies.

I now realize your query was rhetorical, and a snarky attempt to minimize the importance of this traditional game. Sorry ... but the AFA is like the third brother who's a lot younger than the other two, and can never hope to reach the same rival status of his older siblings. :p

I now realize your query was rhetorical, and a snarky attempt to minimize the importance of this traditional game. Sorry ... but the AFA is like the third brother who's a lot younger than the other two, and can never hope to reach the same rival status of his older siblings. :p

In the eyes of the public you are right. The Army-Navy game will always have a certain appeal nationally but within the academies all of the games are huge.

It would be better if all three schools were competitive, hopefully Army is on the way back up.

As long as the AFA is winning CICs though there is no worry about how important those games will be to Army and Navy.

You know that Dogg is in the AF, I think. At any rate, he's been reduced to playing the role of Buff Surveyor for a day.

" Navy looks like they're running in mud." Poor little sailors, have to have clear water. Army runs in mud for breakfast.

Looks like this might be the year. Army's decade and a half of suck may end on a poor Navy defensive effort and a QB that shouldn't have seen the field this year.

Back