What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Go Navy!

Go Army!

Fear the Ass!

:huh: wait ... that doesn't sound right.

I used to always root for Navy ... but now that I have a grand-nephew who's a third-year at the Point (and his younger brother will be a plebe there next year) I've had to switch my allegiance.

Go Navy! Have a friend who went to Canoe U that's at the game today. I have to go sometime while I'm out east, b t glad I didn't go today!

Iirc, they still intend to play some future games at RFK, so it might be an easier day trip from Va Beach.

Gotta root for the grand-nephew, I suppose, L (somebody has to).

Iirc, they still intend to play some future games at RFK, so it might be an easier day trip from Va Beach.

They played at FedEx a few years ago. I went to RFK when MD was in the Military Bowl, safe to say that facility has seen better days.

Not in the near future but next year and 2016 are being played in Baltimore

Meanwhile Navy will extend the longest streak in the series to 12 straight. I have no rooting interest in this one but feel bad for Army

Grandpa was in the Navy during WWII, so always cheered for the Midshipmen. Friend of mine has a party for this game every year.

Grandpa was in the Navy during WWII, so always cheered for the Midshipmen. Friend of mine has a party for this game every year.
The "throwing out the records" thing is usually just a sports cliche to heighten a rivalry, but in this case, this game is always a big deal regardless of how the two teams do. Really no game like it, they want to beat each other so badly yet at the end of the day, they have so much respect for each other. I really want to get to that game one of these days.

The "throwing out the records" thing is usually just a sports cliche to heighten a rivalry, but in this case, this game is always a big deal regardless of how the two teams do. Really no game like it, they want to beat each other so badly yet at the end of the day, they have so much respect for each other. I really want to get to that game one of these days.

Well, they're mostly polite to each other--I'm not sure how much respect they actually have.

Well, they're mostly polite to each other--I'm not sure how much respect they actually have.
I think it's real, it's a bond that no other two teams have. Even Air Force isn't considered as part of the same brotherhood as those two. The whole singing together is pretty unique.

It's always fun to see how people project their weird jingoistic, tin box nationalism onto a bunch of socially awkward, maladjusted ringknocking future leaders of america. Anyway I always root air force, because colorado.

There was a great story about an off the books Army special ops mission to capture the NAVY goat a few years ago, which they did. Amazing story, hilarious too.

There was a great story about an off the books Army special ops mission to capture the NAVY goat a few years ago, which they did. Amazing story, hilarious too.

I have a friend who was on the team that captured the Army mules and returned them to Annapolis where they were met by the FBI. I think it's only been done once.

I have a friend who was on the team that captured the Army mules and returned them to Annapolis where they were met by the FBI. I think it's only been done once.

Nice!

I found the story on Army stealing the goat. Fantastic read: http://sofrep.com/15069/stealing-the-navys-mascot/

Billgoatkidnapped_USP.jpg

The cadets did detailed reconnaissance to include visiting the farm, surveilling it, taking photos and timing routes. Their planning was meticulous also. They planned to breach the goat pen from in an unlit area that was difficult to see from the farmhouse, breach, snatch and security personnel were detailed. They even had a cadet in a limousine feign being broken down on the road police would likely use if requested as a hoped for distraction. They used girlfriend’s credit cards to avoid a money trail.
After snatching the goat the plan was to head south to Bragg and cache the goat with Delta vs. driving north in the event the police were alerted as had been the case in ’91. Delta physically put the goat on a veteran’s farm for care, deniability, distance and to minimize UCMJ pressure (it’s doubtful an academy would want to involve local or federal law enforcement).

Read more: http://sofrep.com/15069/stealing-the-navys-mascot/#ixzz2nfcnfKCY

Back