1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God...Please let Montez start next year

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Bufffan68, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

That is all.

2. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

I think you should change the thread to "God please let us sign a stud qb recruit this season and have him start as a true freshman next year"
    I have no confidence in any qb on the roster if they haven't been able to beat out Sefo yet

3. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Good point

4. Bufffan68

Sefo is the weak link in this offense IMO. No field vision, bad passes, missing wide open guys.

Being on the stud QB.

5. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Apsay throws a pretty ball. Him, for now.

6. seattlebuff

seattlebuff Well-Known Member

Every WR being 5-8 doesn't help him at all either.

unionbuff, GoonieBuff and SBG like this.
  7. CitizenKane

CitizenKane Club Member Club Member

What about the offensive line doing ole's all night?

bigbuff44 likes this.
  8. BorrachoBuff

BorrachoBuff Club Member Club Member

I have never been a Sefo fan, and have been very critical of him since his sophomore season. But to be fair, our line play is atrocious and I don't see any QB succeeding if our line doesn't improve.

MtnBuff, bigbuff44 and CitizenKane like this.
  9. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

Need a staff that can recruit so that we have an OLine, a quality RB, a DL and LB's that can stop the run before a QB can make the difference. Mac and his staff are terrible recruiters and that is going to really show in the next three years. Only question is will RG have the good sense to send Mac packing or not.

BorrachoBuff likes this.
  10. BorrachoBuff

BorrachoBuff Club Member Club Member

Unless we win 3 conference games, I am convinced that RG will make a change. RG has busted his ass to fundraise for the capital projects and he will not sit back and watch his efforts go to waste due to the shortcomings of Coach Dad v2.0.

11. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

That OL performance was pathetic last night. Ole by two or three guys a play by the end

bigbuff44 likes this.
  12. Bufffan68

Even if u back out the pressured plays, he routinely misses passes to wide open guys or doesn't see them in the first place. Plus, this is the PAC12 and teams are going to get pressure. Why doesn't BL call more designed Q runs and other things to keep the D off balance?

darth-horax likes this.
  13. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Blocking? Were not likely to win by running the ball. We dont have the line to open holes consistently None of our backs are really power oriented

bigbuff44 likes this.
  14. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Chad Brown on the Pac-12 Network last night: "Sefo has been an untimely turnover machine the past 3 seasons."

I like Sefo, he's a tough dude, and isn't getting a lot of help from his O-Line at the moment.. He's also a victim of untimely dropped passes. But, he has got to take care of the ball better. The fumble in the 3rd Q was the turning point in the game that the Buffs never reovered from.

15. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Loved how the ESPN announcers were pumping up the fact that Sefo had gone 105 passes without a pick as he walked out for the first series of the game...only to immediately go out and throw a pick.

16. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

True....but they blamed Lee for stopping his route...

17. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Sefo was okay last night. Not good enough to win, but good enough to keep it close and interesting for a good while. About sums up the team in general.

NrthrnPlns and TSchekler like this.
  18. Bufffan68

I've said it elsewhere...if we had a QB who can see and hit the wide open guys, we will more games...we've left a ton of points and yards on the field. Sefo epitomizes this team...effort trying to overcome lack of talent.

Idot Buff likes this.
  19. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

We won't win with Sefo. It has all been said before but in the big situations when it seems we just may be turning the corner a slight bit he always falters. Last night it happened time and time again. 3 and out to start the second half when we had to move the ball. Find a way. The fumble that basically cost us the game. The interception after a defensive stop on UO to start the game. It was a bad throw plain and simple. Bad throws all night and taking sacks when he should throw it into the 10th row. He is tough, he is a gamer yes, but he is a mediocre at best QB. Sad but true.

Idot Buff likes this.
  20. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I really hope he doesn't have to start. I really hope he gets snaps though. This staff will not do that, however

White_Rabbit and Duff Man like this.
  21. Duff Man

This is the real issue.

22. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Give Sefo a good OL or a great RB (A healthy Carr and Lindsay tandem would be great) and I think it'd be fine for him to start next year If we don't get a game changer at QB or of no one can beat him out during spring or fall camp.

No other QBs getting reps while our starter is having severe shoulder issues is a problem. We are going to always be starting raw guys in that scenario.

23. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

It seems like they had, or at least were looking to employ, a two-QB offense their final year at SJSU. Fales ended up playing very well and kind of solidified himself as "the guy" but I could swear there was commentary in the SJSU-CSU game about them have designed packages for a second QB who was more of a running threat.

24. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

This is so much bull****.

DiggerBuffs likes this.
  25. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

What is Sefo's record as a starter? Past performance is...

26. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I fear we may need Montez or Apsay to step up next year and take over the starting role. Sefo seems to have plateaued. Great Buff and hard worker. No knock on Sefo.

27. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

If the o-line continues to struggle in pass protection next year I would almost guarantee that Montez will start at some point during the season. Need a scrambling QB to hide some deficiencies and it would really open up the run game with the QB being able to option.

To those that are disappointed in Montez because he hasn't beaten Sefo out this year you are completely misguided. They are not going to burn a redshirt on someone who 1) needs to gain a little weight to stay healthy in this league 2) is a young QB who would likely have similar turnover issues while learning the offense.

28. Duff Man

How the staff handles the backups the rest of the season will say a lot.

29. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

Honestly I am and Sefo fan so I am probably biased but I don't understand why he was playing against Nichols and maybe against Oregon. Get the guy healthy if he is the best option on the team. I know the backups are not very good but would you rather go 1-1 in those two weeks and have Sefo come back for ASU completely healthy or go 1-1 against those teams and have Sefo get hurt yet again?

30. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I don't care if its Montez or the walk on kid from Boulder... Get someone that can see the field and throw a damn ball.

Bufffan68 likes this.