What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

God tells Adam Muema to leave the NFL Combine

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Running back Adam Muema left the NFL scouting combine Sunday because he says God told him to do so.

Muema, a former star at San Diego State, told U-T San Diego on Sunday that he was "following God" by deciding not to work out.

Muema said God told him he would play for the Seattle Seahawks -- his "dream" -- if he skipped the combine.

"[God] told me to sit down, be quiet, and enjoy the peace," Muema told the U-T.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/st...uema-says-god-told-leave-nfl-scouting-combine

Nothing like painting a "DO NOT DRAFT" sign on your forehead.

lots of pressure on these kids. wondering if he just plain snapped.

this thread would be more interesting if clowney said god told him to give all signing bonus money to liver.

Also, God called him "Kent".
:lol:
real-genius-jpg.jpg

Hmm, draft a kid who may be crazy, or make God look like a liar very publicly? Your move Pete Carroll.

In before first "Christians are SOOOO persecuted and discriminated against" post.

In before first "Christians are SOOOO persecuted and discriminated against" post.

You can go to ESPN for that. There are some real winners. I particularly enjoyed the guy who said that we celebrated the gay player in the draft but are saying the Christian is undraftable.

Pete Carroll is the kind of coach who surprises a team meeting by bringing his old friend God in to talk and lead everybody in a hymn. Then boom, instant E:60 filler. Adam Muema is a very smart man.

A guy in my class from high school quit his job in his early thirties and publicly announced that it was because god told him to quit. I was always surprised that his god didn't come to him with a helping of stick-to-it-ness. I think these guys are confusing "god's voice" with the awesome power of the calling-in-sick adrenaline rush.

Running back Adam Muema left the NFL scouting combine Sunday because he says God told him to do so.

Muema, a former star at San Diego State, told U-T San Diego on Sunday that he was "following God" by deciding not to work out.

Muema said God told him he would play for the Seattle Seahawks -- his "dream" -- if he skipped the combine.

"[God] told me to sit down, be quiet, and enjoy the peace," Muema told the U-T.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/st...uema-says-god-told-leave-nfl-scouting-combine

Nothing like painting a "DO NOT DRAFT" sign on your forehead.
God should tell him to keep on his meds.

Cool thread bro's.

DBT, I read every word of the thread that chronicled your family's absolutely unfortunate and unjust treatment in the recent past. I know you used your faith in god to help you through that challenge, and that your faith gave you comfort and strength daily to face what was being forced onto your family. You fought through your challenge with grace and wisdom.

You also know that nearly everyone supported you even if there was not a shared faith.

I am surprised that you have taken offense to a handful of comments about a young man who has just made an incredibly rash and potentially career ending decision based on, what by this account, looks to be a classic voice in the head. When god gets into someone's head and directs them to do something that any reasonable iindividual would label as drastic and foolish, that's a discussion about a young man who is in that scary window of 20-30 where severe mental illness shows up. Or, he's prayed himself into a judgement clouding frenzy. Either way, it's a bad deal for this kid with a bad ending on the horizon.

I'll be sending him positive thoughts, will skip the prayers, and will at the same time have a good laugh over the newest item on the list of massively stupid **** people do in the name of their god.

Cheers, DBT

DBT, I read every word of the thread that chronicled your family's absolutely unfortunate and unjust treatment in the recent past. I know you used your faith in god to help you through that challenge, and that your faith gave you comfort and strength daily to face what was being forced onto your family. You fought through your challenge with grace and wisdom.

You also know that nearly everyone supported you even if there was not a shared faith.

I am surprised that you have taken offense to a handful of comments about a young man who has just made an incredibly rash and potentially career ending decision based on, what by this account, looks to be a classic voice in the head. When god gets into someone's head and directs them to do something that any reasonable iindividual would label as drastic and foolish, that's a discussion about a young man who is in that scary window of 20-30 where severe mental illness shows up. Or, he's prayed himself into a judgement clouding frenzy. Either way, it's a bad deal for this kid with a bad ending on the horizon.

I'll be sending him positive thoughts, will skip the prayers, and will at the same time have a good laugh over the newest item on the list of massively stupid **** people do in the name of their god.

Cheers, DBT

YMMSR. When did yellowshirt get awesome?

I always love when athletes play the "God card," funny how God never tells them to sign with the Rays, Browns, or Bucks.

I always love when athletes play the "God card," funny how God never tells them to sign with the Rays, Browns, or Bucks.

"I prayed on it and God reminded me that the love of money is the root of all evil. Therefore, I have decided to forgo free agency and sign with ___________."

The above quote will appear in no article about a professional athlete.

"I prayed on it and God reminded me that the love of money is the root of all evil. Therefore, I have decided to forgo free agency and sign with ___________."

The above quote will appear in no article about a professional athlete.
All the "prayers" on the world just coincidentally lead to where the green is and I'm not talking about pot.

Cheers, DBT
What I take offense to, and only a little, is making fun of the kid. So my comment could just as easily be translated as, "Meh."

What I take offense to, and only a little, is making fun of the kid. So my comment could just as easily be translated as, "Meh."
Just speaking for myself, I find many of these athletes insincere when they use religion for picking one team or another. That's what I was referring too. I don't mean to offend anyone.

Just to be clear, DBT thinks Muema is being made fun of because he believes in God.

Back