What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Going to the OU game....

SBG

Administrator
Club Member
Junta Member
and it'd be nice to have a sign saying goodbye to our old Big 8 foes that sided with the Mack-10. F'em.

Suggestions anyone?

impressive spite in this thread. so, what was OU supposed to do? Join the Pac....insofar as we trumpet the "better cultural fit" angle it's a bad fit for OU. it was wildly unpopular on OU boards. It also makes them a minor player for Texas recruiting. OK, then they had the SEC invite.....but, OU's prez and the Oklahoma politicos decided OU and OSU are staying together (which makes sense in a low population, mostly ag and oil state, where virtually every college grad has gone to one or both of those schools--the state doesn't have a lot "power" anyway so its institutions sort of need to stick together--remember KU and KSU made the same commitment).

i'm glad for us and Texas can suck it.....but, i don't get the overwhelming spite. i went to HS in Norman and those people don't think UT will dominate them in anything, despite the imbalance in money, population, etc.

we acted in our self-interest and given OU's situation re: the revenue....they got nothing to complain about....so they did too.

Last edited:
If I were an OU fan, I'd have wanted to bolt to the SEC. The Mack 10 is a doomed conference. They may not *think* they take a backseat to UT on anything, but they are about to find out just how wrong they are. Hell, they've already taken a backseat to UT. Who do they think is running this show, anyway?

OU is in a better spot than KU with reguards to their little brothers (OSU and KSU, respectively) inasmuch as OSU has a little more going for it, history wise and $$ wise, than KSU does. OSU would make a decent fit in the SEC. KSU wouldn't be a good fit anywhere. KU needs to cut that chord right effing now.

"People from Oklahoma are weird, but not as weird as people from Florida. Good job."

I would tell them **** U(tes). I could give two ****s about a bunch of land grabbing homophobes. Time to make Utah, Zona and the entire West Coast our bitches!

If I were an OU fan, I'd have wanted to bolt to the SEC. The Mack 10 is a doomed conference. They may not *think* they take a backseat to UT on anything, but they are about to find out just how wrong they are. Hell, they've already taken a backseat to UT. Who do they think is running this show, anyway?

OU is in a better spot than KU with reguards to their little brothers (OSU and KSU, respectively) inasmuch as OSU has a little more going for it, history wise and $$ wise, than KSU does. OSU would make a decent fit in the SEC. KSU wouldn't be a good fit anywhere. KU needs to cut that chord right effing now.

i agree. i would have wanted the SEC move. in the future, if OSU keeps winning 8-9 games a year in football and continues to be an NCAA tourney basketball team with a deep run every now and again...i don't see why they wouldn't be attractive to the SEC if it meant getting OU (there's the media market angles, but it's not like Arkansas and Mississippi are bigtime media players either). my experience of Tulsa is that it already has a decent Hog base, anyway. plus, OSU is good at all the "Spring Sports" like golf and baseball that are much bigger in the SEC than anywhere else.

Back