1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goldberg

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by El Gringo, Oct 5, 2010.

1. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Anyone know what his connection with CU Football is? He was on the sidelines Saturday (and I am pretty sure he has been on a number of occasions), and he was sacky's avatar for some time.

I was curious, so I looked up his bio on Wikipedia - the dude played DE for ... University of Georgia Bulldogs. So why was he on the Buffs' sideline, cheering the Black and Gold?

Anyone?

2. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

For the record, that wasn't Goldberg in my avatar. It was Stone Cold Steve Austin. They do look a little bit alike, though...

[​IMG]
    Bill Goldberg

[​IMG]
    Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I don't believe the two ever grappled in the ring, although many wrestling fans wanted to see it. They were in opposite federations for most of their careers.

4. El Gringo

5. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

I got $20 on SCSA

6. El Gringo

All bald headed people look the same .... Oh snap, off to the racism thread.

7. sackman

fify.

There was speculation that the Goldberg gimmick was created in the WCW as a counter to the growing mystique of Stone Cold in the WWF. Stone Cold was king of the hill in the WWF for a good 4-5 years. He, along with Duane "The Rock" Johnson took that group to a whole new level. The WCW started losing market share, and they needed something to kick start their ratings. So they came up with Goldberg - a bigger, stronger, and supposedly tougher version of Stone Cold. It worked for a while, but the WCW always ended up messing things up, and that's exactly what happened here.

Of course, Stone Cold eventually gave in to injuries (his knees were totally shot), and The Rock launched a movie career, and then the WWF was right back where it started.

8. sackman

Stone Cold was on "Chuck" last night, BTW. He's still one big dude.

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Stone Cold and Stacy Keibler in one episode. You had to be a happy, happy man.... :lol:

10. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I think somebody mentioned a family member who attends or plays football at CU. Was tailgaiting next to his ridiculously large/fancy motorcoach...or at least so I was told. Didn't see him, although wasn't really looking.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  11. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

stone cold stunner beats goldbergs jackhammer by a mile
    [​IMG]

12. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

With the help of Stephanie McMahon. I hear she is calling the shots behind the scenes. Things have gone downhill in a hurry. Look no further than the "Shamus" character. Give me a ****ing break. :lol:

13. Sexton Hardcastle

And if anyone is man enough, ask Goldberg how it felt to get choked out(Legit) by Chris Jericho backstage.

14. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

I have been to a party at David's fathers house in Aspen. He has made a fortune leasing aircraft for carrying cargo. Give him some PT, Hawk. We could use some new benefactors.

15. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Of course everyone knows that pro wrestling is as real as CFB

16. sackman

Pro wrestling is, and always has been, about the characters. Today's characters suck. Only a very few of them have any pull whatsoever. Guys like John Cena and HHH are at the top of the game, but would be in a world of hurt if Stone Cold, the Rock, Hogan and Kurt Angle (it's true) were still around. Ric Flair stayed around about 8 years too long. Wrestling desperately needs some good new blood, but the talent pool is mighty shallow. Just a bunch of roided up wannabes all with the same gimmick. It's awful.

17. Sexton Hardcastle

I totally agree with you.

There needs to be new blood, but if they can push a guy like Shamus, or the ****ing Miz...Come on now. I think they need to bring Paul Heyman back for his input on storylines. At least he'll push actual legit talent most of the time. Not these ****ing losers they have now.

18. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

The "rock" was one of the funniest guys ever on there. Stone cold's "WHAT?" bit was good too. I haven't watched wrestling in 5 years. No funny trash talking.

19. Sexton Hardcastle

I hate John Cena, but you have to admire the guys passion for the business. You can see it when he performs. There are guys like him that are waiting for their chance, but will never get it because Stephanie McMahon and HHH are too busy pushing their agenda.

20. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

21. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I always laugh when anyone calls this wrestling, to which it has the barest resemblance - I guess cuz I wrestled some. I canceled and have never restarted my subscription to SI when they put Hulk Hogan on the cover, yeah, that was a long time ago. It's not a f***ing sport!

22. sackman

Cena and Orton are not bad, but their story lines are pathetic. HHH is, at best, a mid-card performer. His mic skills are atrocious, his gimmick is stale, and you know he's going to figure out a way to win every match because he's married to Stephanie. Swell. That makes for some great entertainment, there.

23. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

The best WWE gesture of all time. SUCK IT!

[​IMG]

24. DixonU

DixonU Member

Goldberg(s) the wrestler and the player...also happen to be cousins of an allbuffs member. He is not around much anymore, but saw him at the game on Saturday.

25. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I like him hosting 'Bullrun' on Speed channel. Some guys got in a fight last season while everyone was loafing around witing for the next shoot and Goldberg jumped in the middle of it-- he had been shilling in the sun with his shirt off. When he jumped in there everyone settled down pretty quick.