1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Article on Herrod

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Jul 11, 2005
    I know this was posted in the newsroom but i thought i should bring it here.

CU's Herrod overcomes astonishing hardship
    From homeless to home team
    By John Henderson
    Denver Post Sports Writer
    Article Last Updated: 08/30/2007 01:01:38 PM MDT

Boulder - For defensive end Marquez Herrod, there are few more simple pleasures in the life of a college football player than knocking a quarterback senseless.

These days, the Colorado redshirt freshman gets the same thrill from the training table every day. All the food he wants. All free. Then he goes home. He goes to the same off-campus house every day. He knows where he'll sleep. Every evening.

2. ChicagoRamFn

ChicagoRamFn Member

Sep 1, 2006
    It's quite a story. I think most college teams have some individuals for whom winning a scholarship can be the difference between escaping poverty or being stuck in it. It's great to see someone with this kind of character earn an opportunity when the odds were stacked against him. Best of luck to him...beginning Sunday!