What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good COMCAST News Re: Pac-12 NET

CU at Washington State is the first potential game I'll need the Pac 12 network to watch. DirecTV better have their act together by then.

If every CU game isn't shown over the whole state of Colorado or at least locally on the the lowest cable/sat tier, this was a fail for the University and especially the fans. Sure CU may fill their pockets with cash on this deal but if it doesn't give the school more exposure then you aren't helping build and keep the future fanbase.

Then again I am from the thinking that a large rabid fanbase pays off more over the long run than a payday from a cable company that kills your exposure.

That said, I think I am going to switch from DTV over to Comcast soon so I can see the away games, but it is a shame if your average Coloradans around the state don't get the exposure to CU that they should be able to get.

As recently as 2010 there were CU games that didn't make it to TV at all. As a matter of fact, I think that the last time prior to last season that we had ALL of our games on television was in 1994. So, you'll have to excuse me if I disagree with your take that the P12 Net is a failure for CU fans statewide, particularly since we only have one game slated to actually be on P12 Net so far. Being on TV > Not being on TV, and I'd rather have them be on the conference run network than having to try to track them down on one of the random Fox College Sports nets only to watch them in the grainiest standard def I've ever seen.

It won't be CU or the P12's fault if DTV and Dish and any of the non-Comcast cable providers opt not to play ball here.

I'm glad we're still a couple of weeks out from football season because the roll out of the Pac-12 network has been extremely confusing. The Pac-12 network website has for weeks indicated that Comcast will show at least the national network here in Houston, but now the website is indicating that it won't be shown. Anyone else in the Houston area with Comcast that has any idea of whether it will be shown? I recently moved here and specifically avoided DirecTV in order to get the Pac-12 Network. If Comcast doesn't show it here I'll be very annoyed (to put it mildly).

As recently as 2010 there were CU games that didn't make it to TV at all. As a matter of fact, I think that the last time prior to last season that we had ALL of our games on television was in 1994. So, you'll have to excuse me if I disagree with your take that the P12 Net is a failure for CU fans statewide, particularly since we only have one game slated to actually be on P12 Net so far. Being on TV > Not being on TV, and I'd rather have them be on the conference run network than having to try to track them down on one of the random Fox College Sports nets only to watch them in the grainiest standard def I've ever seen.

It won't be CU or the P12's fault if DTV and Dish and any of the non-Comcast cable providers opt not to play ball here.

My whole point is that if we can't get the average CU fan and the locals to watch then we aren't gaining any exposure. I *think* this PAC network thing will help us, if nothing else getting the school more money, but if they really want to create a foundation, they need to make sure that everyone can easily see CU football and basketball.

As for it not being CU/P12's fault, I am going to disagree with that. They agreed to the contract, they could have easily went another direction that gives them more exposure. Maybe I am wrong though and short term contracts are worth more than unlimited exposure that builds a solid long term foundation.

Again though, if this all works out, and the P12 network is on basic cable/sat, then this is great! Tons of exposure and they get tons of cash from the TV deals.

So will I be able to watch all of the buffs games on either the internet or tv here in california?

So will I be able to watch all of the buffs games on either the internet or tv here in california?
call comcast... ask the cal fans since you live in nocal they have a better idea about the situation out there than we do

Larry Scott: Schools won´t have to pay a dime for startup costs cos of deals made so far.

BCS, I called comcast and couldn't get much help so maybe you can help. Pac-12 Now is the online portal for the pac-12 and is currently only showing Time Warner, Brighthouse, and Cox as Pac-12 Now providers. Any idea whats up?

Local Comcast rep here in Houston said that we would not be getting the pac12 network at all. WTF????? I thought Comcast was carrying it nationwide? HouBuff - are you hearing the same thing or are you a satellite guy?

Local Comcast rep here in Houston said that we would not be getting the pac12 network at all. WTF????? I thought Comcast was carrying it nationwide? HouBuff - are you hearing the same thing or are you a satellite guy?

I'm in Houston too. I talked to a Comcast rep who had no idea what the Pac-12 Network even was. On top of that, the Pac-12 Network website has been indicating for weeks that Comcast in the Houston area will show the Pac-12 Network. Lo and behold, on the day the networks launch, it suddenly says it won't be shown by Comcast in this market. Unbelievable!! I have no idea why Comcast would show it in certain places outside of the Pac-12 footprint and not others. It's beyond ridiculous.

To make it even weirder, he said that his info shows that Comcast is specifically not showing the network in Houston and Minneapolis. Weird. I'm hoping that he has bad info but if not I'm going to start looking into direct tv.

To make it even weirder, he said that his info shows that Comcast is specifically not showing the network in Houston and Minneapolis. Weird. I'm hoping that he has bad info but if not I'm going to start looking into direct tv.

DTV has no deal yet, either.

On the phone w/ directv right now... still in negotiations with the PAC-12. They say "we have the best sports line-up in the business so I know we will have the network." She said that she will mention my call in their customer service meeting tomorrow. Really trying to swing a NFL package deal right now, but no go so far.

Okay... half price on the NFL. I guess I can agree with that. Oh, and Showtime for 6 months for free. Dexter is coming soon you know.

Last edited:

Agree. If Comcast ends up not showing the network in Houston and DirecTV or Dish makes a deal I'll make the switch. It almost feels like a political decision. The Pac-12 spurned certain Texas schools so they've used their influence to convince Comcast not to broadcast Pac-12 games in Texas (thereby also limiting Texas high shool recruits' ability to watch Pac-12 games). I can't think of any other possible reason for Comcast not to make it available (even on a premium tier) to Texas viewers when it will be available in "most markets" outside of the Pac-12 footprint. I'm particularly pissed off that the Pac-12 Network website until today said it would be available on Comcast in the Houston area.

On the phone w/ directv right now... still in negotiations with the PAC-12. They say "we have the best sports line-up in the business so I know we will have the network." She said that she will mention my call in their customer service meeting tomorrow. Really trying to swing a NFL package deal right now, but no go so far.

Okay... half price on the NFL. I guess I can agree with that. Oh, and Showtime for 6 months for free. Dexter is coming soon you know.

are you a current DTV subscriber? NFL is free for new subs right now fyi.

Agree. If Comcast ends up not showing the network in Houston and DirecTV or Dish makes a deal I'll make the switch. It almost feels like a political decision. The Pac-12 spurned certain Texas schools so they've used their influence to convince Comcast not to broadcast Pac-12 games in Texas (thereby also limiting Texas high shool recruits' ability to watch Pac-12 games). I can't think of any other possible reason for Comcast not to make it available (even on a premium tier) to Texas viewers when it will be available in "most markets" outside of the Pac-12 footprint. I'm particularly pissed off that the Pac-12 Network website until today said it would be available on Comcast in the Houston area.

now shows it is not available in Seattle on Comcast...that can't be right

You should've held out for getting Sunday Ticket for free. I didn't angle for the free Showtime though, so you probably got an equivalent deal.

You should've held out for getting Sunday Ticket for free. I didn't angle for the free Showtime though, so you probably got an equivalent deal.

well, I feel great now... thanks :huh: :lol:

Oh, and they just found a billing error over the past 3 years that they are crediting me for. I feel like a winner! :lol:

well, I feel great now... thanks :huh: :lol:

Oh, and they just found a billing error over the past 3 years that they are crediting me for. I feel like a winner! :lol:

Sorry, wasn't trying to make you feel bad. There was another thread about this a month or 2 back (imagine that) where we were talking about this very thing, and that's when I called and angled for free Sunday Ticket.

Sorry, wasn't trying to make you feel bad. There was another thread about this a month or 2 back (imagine that) where we were talking about this very thing, and that's when I called and angled for free Sunday Ticket.

Just kidding, I wasn't expecting a whole lot more given I received Sunday Ticket free last year. Didn't think I could get it free two years in a row.

Back