What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good day re:CSU

Florida about to rub it's ball sack all over the CSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be really disappointed if I was a Gator fan. I wouldn't trade Sparkles for MacIntyre right now, and I'm certainly not sold on MacIntyre. Way too premature to determine if he is ready for a P5 job. Maybe he can use UF resources to upgrade his staff, but I would bet that he fails miserably in the SEC.

I still think some of you guys are selling sparkles short. The guy can coach.

I am guilty of selling him short, but honestly who has he beat?

That schedule is/was awful.

I would be really disappointed if I was a Gator fan.

:iagree: I think he'll be another failure for UF, unfortunately...I would be pleasantly surprised if he ever wins more than 8 games a season and lasts more than 4 seasons. If he turns out to be a bust, it will probably be the end of the lengthy Jeremy Foley era as AD at UF...

I don't know beside us and Boston College but there is probably a 50 page thread about it somewhere.

I don't really care if Sparkles is good or bad for UF. His move is good for CU (if it happens).

And yes, I hate saying that.

I would be really disappointed if I was a Gator fan. I wouldn't trade Sparkles for MacIntyre right now, and I'm certainly not sold on MacIntyre. Way too premature to determine if he is ready for a P5 job. Maybe he can use UF resources to upgrade his staff, but I would bet that he fails miserably in the SEC.

I don't know. I feel like sparkles weakness is recruiting, or at least it seemed like it was at csu and whena program like Florida brings him on it almost immediately erases his biggest weakness because that university will almost always recruit itself. I believe he is a good x and o coach but I don't know it that will translate to the sec.

Florida should be one of the easiest places to recruit to in all of college football. If you aren't pulling top 15 classes every year at UF, you got issues.

Sparkles can recruit. He may look goofy, but he has the GOB attitude that will work in the SEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL at Jack Graham trashing CSU Prez Tony Frank in the news
Mac’s attorney asked Tony if he would agree to waive the breakup fee if the ‘dream job’ were to come along — his attorney wasn’t getting the answer he wanted from me.“Unfortunately, during the signing meeting, Tony said yes. I was terribly disappointed in Tony’s decision to agree to that request. It left the door open for people to go after Mac.
“… Protecting CSU from schools like Florida going after Mac is exactly why we put the breakup fee into his employment agreement. After the 2013 season ended, I foresaw a year like our 2014 season coming, and I wanted to lock up Mac before this year’s season began to protect us from this sort of thing.
“With Tony verbally committing to work with Mac to reduce or eliminate the breakup fee, the work we had done was severely compromised if not completely unwound.
“It created opportunities for schools like Florida, Michigan and Nebraska — all arguably ‘dream jobs’ — to go after Mac.”

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...e-president-reduce-mcelwains-buyout/19807853/

In other news Florida can get out from some of the buy-out

Phil Steele ranked their schedules 72nd in 2013 and 125th this year (that would be 4th from the very bottom of D1). So sell him as short as you'd like, IMO.

EDIT: For those wondering, our was #7 and #66, respectively. These were preseason rankings based on the previous years' records, so we might end up with an even stronger SOS given how surprisingly strong the PAC12 South was this year.

Last edited:
Phil Steele ranked their schedules 72nd in 2013 and 125th this year (that would be 4th from the very bottom of D1). So sell him as short as you'd like, IMO.

EDIT: For those wondering, our was #7 and #66, respectively. These were preseason rankings based on the previous years' records, so we might end up with an even stronger SOS given how surprisingly strong the PAC12 South was this year.

Was ours 7 in 2013 or 2014?

The most important thing right now is to introduce UGA boards to the correct moniker for sparkles.

And in a couple years some random SEC fan will ask "where did the name 'sparkles' come from anyway?"

The most important thing right now is to introduce UGA boards to the correct moniker for sparkles.

And in a couple years some random SEC fan will ask "where did the name 'sparkles' come from anyway?"

Sounds like a job for Tini. He's probably got handles established on 7-8 SEC forum boards already.

Back