1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Denver Post Article: When to fire a coach can be toughest decision.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by antisaint, Oct 29, 2010.

1. antisaint

antisaint I LIKE CAKE! Club Member

Nov 28, 2008

2. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Dec 18, 2006

Actually makes some valid points with coaching search. Of course he also gets in his shot at CU as well:

"Colorado, however, will have a real problem attracting an established head coach for one huge reason. This is not a good job. The athletic department doesn't get great support from a president's office that seems to change hands as often as the coach's chair."

If he did his research, over the last 30 years Colorado is actually one of the coaching positions with little turnover. The only coach that was here less than 5 years was Neu who left for UW and Fairbanks for obvious reasons.​
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  3. Del

Del Member

May 25, 2010
    That part really pissed me off about CU not being a good job. Nobody here thinks its the best job or even one of the elite jobs right now but to say its not a good job is a ****ing joke. I told him to go write for the Oregonian or Omaha Herald because we are sick of his CU bashing!
  4. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Jul 8, 2005
    I think in any job, football included, once the decision has been made to no longer retain someone, you should cut them loose. Nothing good can come from D2 Danny finishing out the season here.
  5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2005
    Hank and Joe Kines 2 time interims. I guess being a good DC gets you that. Kines had some salty D's at Bama under lameass Mike Shula. most recently fired at ATM IIRC.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  6. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

Oct 27, 2008
    That article talks about hawk and neinas and somehow fails to mention that Bohn consulted with neinas about Barnett's replacement and that, as a result, we got the 'home run kid'
  7. max4buffs

max4buffs Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010

Your a retard Henderson!
    Get your facts straight.

Assistants can have multi-year contracts at any of the State Universities. The state law says each department can only have 5 long term contracts. Eric Kiesau offensive coordinator is on a 3 year contract now. Here is the link for that.

MAC's right hand man Logan? Quit reading the blogs and get some actual facts.

The facilities at CU need to be updated, and are nothing compared to Oregon. But horrible, I think not. Why don't you take a look at the PAC 10 where we are going. Stanford, Arizona, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State don't have near the facilities we have. Those are the only ones I can say I have personally seen.

As far as Alabama offensive coordinator Jim McElwain, and Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn how hard is it to win with 4 and 5 star recruits on a regular basis.

Mac brings several things that will help the University become prominent again. He won't require a long term contract, leaving one for an assistant. He won't require a bunch of money (would probably do the job for close to nothing). He won't stick around if he has 5 losing seasons because he has respect for the University. The biggest reason CU needs Mac is because the donors respect him and he will bring big bucks into a program in need.

When you want to have an intelligent conversation about the state of CU athletics let me know.

Quit hacking through your whole life and get some facts before you write another article

We'll see how he responds.
    Idot Buff likes this.
  8. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Hmmmmmm? When 1st I read this, the only thing that I thought of is that he was describing the next head coach in his image for the Buffs.