1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good luck to Darrell Scott

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffedup, Nov 3, 2009.

1. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

He deserved better here at Colorado and I trully believe he was dedicated to this program and the fans. Hawk trully screwed him, the football team, and us over. Hope he explodes at UCLA and makes the NFL. I for one wish him only the best.

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Agreed. I thank him for believing in the Buffs and wish him future success.

3. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Pretty much echoes my sentiments.

4. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

I hope him the best of luck and gets into a system that works better for him.

5. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I want him to succeed but want Slick to fail miserably. Oh the dilemma.

I hate how that ****er is gaining players at our expense.

6. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Exactly.....I will struggle cheering for the guy in a fucla uniform

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

GL man... transfer to cal.

8. buffsfan01

buffsfan01 Member

ill watch him every chance i get cause he has all the talent in the world the system he needs to be in is a system that allows the best players on the field !!! btw hawky you screwed d.scott over now bend over and take your screwing cause you just dont know yet your on your way out......karma wins every time !!

9. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Yeah. I hope Darryl absolutely destroys defenses when he gets back on the field. He deserves one hell of a lot more than dan hawkins.

10. Dunken

Dunken Member

Best of luck to ya DS....sad to see ya go

11. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Darrell, Darrell, we hardly knew thee.

12. LABuffalo

LABuffalo Member

Best of luck, Darrell. Tear them up where ever you end up (hopefully USC) and end up a #1 draft pick.

Hate to say this but I wish, for his sake, that he'd gone to Texas in the first place.

Go Buffs!

Swish likes this.
  13. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

Best of luck to him, hope he does well wherever he ends up. I'll be pulling for him. Sad deal that we never really got to see what he was really capable of while he was here.

14. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

Good Luck Darrel and best wishes going forward.

15. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

I wish you nothing but the best Darrell. Wherever you end up I hope you tear it up. :thumbsup:

16. Bornabuff

Bornabuff Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat:

17. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I guess it's a good thing. I can go to some UCLA games and cheer for an offense filled with ex Buffs.

18. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

disagree with a lot

the sentiment here seems mostly anti-DH, which is fine. But, DS chose a really cowardly way to leave - both the timing and the way he told the coaches (text, not returning calls). he is staying in school anyway, he could have waited rather than hurting the team. Speedy was quoted as saying he knew DS would be transferring, he was just shocked he did it this way and now.

I had great hopes for him, but he has been a very poor performer. maybe this is his way of defusing the fact he hasn't cut it (altho I very much agree DH never gave him enuf chances, he just did very little with thiose he had)

Go Buffs

19. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

will always be a big DS fan.

20. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Early morning LA sports-radio is laughing about "Colorado's bungling of Scott", saying that this is great news for every West Coast football program because it sends a "clear message to stay away from Colorado, and probably the Big 12, too."

They talked about the "Markie Houston" situation where he'd run afoul of Eric Bieniemy as being Sign 1 that Colorado should be avoided, and now the West Coast high-schoolers see another one.

"CU players get the coach's son as the only quarterback, and California record setters sit on the bench, have claims of being injured used for their bench time but can still run back kickoffs, the most dangerous single play in football."

Well... I can forgive them for not knowing the all the QB facts.

That's only one station. I'm sure the rest of LA's sports talk shows don't pay any attention to a former Calif star's likely return to the LA area.

And how many high schoolers pay any attention to sports-radio? They probably spend more time tweeting and texting instead. I'm sure this has zero impact on all of CU's recruits. Kind of like the dinosaurs saying, "Bright light in sky, heading for us? Naw, not important..."

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  21. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

:yeahthat:

Especially the part in bold. Actually, it should read more like "gets into a system that uses him properly"

22. canbuff

canbuff New Member

Re: disagree with a lot

I call bull$hit...Darrell is just giving the coaches back some of the medicine they gave him. Everyone knows he has been severely dicked around and never really given an opportunity to succeed. You reap what you sow Hawkins and Hagan...you give disrespect you get it...NOW GO THE F*CK AWAY!!!

The only reason Stewart is the #1 back is because our offensive line is pitiful. If we had an o-line that could run block, even moderately well, Scott would have piled up way more yards than Speedy. Speedy is better at making the first guy miss but does not do much through the second layer of the d-fense. Give Scott a bit of a hole and he would have done some damage. Hopefully we see him do htat damage in 2011 at UCLA.

23. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I understand Hagan's unpleasant view of his information receipt. "Lack of face to face" was Scott's easy way out, and the better question is "Why did Darrell need to take that easy way?" Obviously, the relationship wasn't good enough to avoid hard times and Scott made the choice that HIS easy way was sufficient.

He's been subordinate and the recipient of coaching decisions. Now they are on the receiving end and don't appreciate it.

I understand all of that.

24. CaliBuff901

CaliBuff901 Active Member

I think it's lame that he can't look the coaches in the eye and tell them he's leaving and why. It's a cop out and not what our coaches and university deserve after what we invested in him. LAME

25. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Cali, yes. I wonder why he thought they did deserve it?

26. White_Rabbit

Cowardly? Cowardly is Hagan taking shots at Scott in the media. Who cares how a 20 year old kids handles a very difficult situation? He wanted to leave, who here can blame him? People were probably telling him he was headed straight to the NFL since he was a junior in HS. 2 years here and they still won't give him the ball, I don't blame him at all for transferring.

27. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Darrell - best wishes. But if you think you're leaving an F'ed up coach in Boulder to a more trustworthy guy at UCLA, you are in for the surprise of a lifetime. We call him Slick Rick for a reason (several, actually).

28. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

Wow. I was pretty pissed yesterday. I'm still feeling grumpy.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    fatbuff likes this.
  29. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

I wonder if J-Flew thinks RN is Slick Rick the rapper? La di da di.

30. White_Rabbit

Classy. I could be wrong, but Darrell supposedly had 4% body fat during the spring. A real fat *** eh? Way to stereotype the hell out of both of them as well.