What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good luck to Darrell Scott

Based on what Wyo Buff's sacrificed for this program, his feelings on this are going to be stronger than most.

Based on what Wyo Buff's sacrificed for this program, his feelings on this are going to be stronger than most.
You know what. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with someone who obviously loves the Buffs. I just think that people are giving a lot of credit to a guy who hasn't shown much. He came here instead of Texas. Big deal. He got to go to class and be on the football team. Why did we owe him anything more than any other guy that steps on campus with a scholarship. CU doesn't owe him anything. My sarcastic comments about rap degrees reflect my disbelief that anyone could consider that to be a major with any academic weight at all. I have always thought that Josh made that up in order to have some excuse to leave.

I appreciate 96's comment above but CU and you guys owe me nothing. My experience at CU has opened many doors for me and my ROI for my work at CU is pretty good.

No offense Rabbit you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

Sorry, you may know more than most.I'm not familiar with whatever you did for the Buffs. I didn't mean to attack you, I was just trying to stick up for Scott.

I just don't like seeing Scott thrown under the bus :sad1: From what I've seen of him in interviews and such he seems like a cool guy. I think he just came here because of his uncle and his uncle left. He tried to make a go of it without him, but it wasn't working out.

To be honest, I expect he and his Uncle fto ail miserably at UCLA. Good riddance. The guy is pretty much a fat Marcus Houston in my opinion. When him and Uncle Josh are working for Jay-Z with their newly minted rap degrees, I suppose I'll have to eat my words.
fail. This kind of behavior is wrong. the man loves buff nation. He just doesn't love the coaches or how they handled his injury. It happens. Hell who knows what can happen if the bird leaves?

fail. This kind of behavior is wrong. the man loves buff nation. He just doesn't love the coaches or how they handled his injury. It happens. Hell who knows what can happen if the bird leaves?

Yeah DS knows that the fans and even the media have basically been begging Hawk to give Scott more carries since day one. I think he really is bummed for CU fans.

I think you guys are right. After reading some more about his situation, he seems like a good kid. My post was uncalled for and I think I'll delete it. I guess I am a little frustrated by the whole situation. Normally, I would expect loyalty and continued sacrifice until the bitter end but I guess I cannot blame DS in this situation. Also, he isn't a fat Marcus Houston but it will hurt quite a bit if he tears it up at UCLA. Apologies to Darrel for my outburst. I have been sufficiently chastened guys. Thanks for keeping me accountable.

I think you guys are right. After reading some more about his situation, he seems like a good kid. My post was uncalled for and I think I'll delete it. I guess I am a little frustrated by the whole situation. Normally, I would expect loyalty and continued sacrifice until the bitter end but I guess I cannot blame DS in this situation. Also, he isn't a fat Marcus Houston but it will hurt quite a bit if he tears it up at UCLA. Apologies to Darrel for my outburst. I have been sufficiently chastened guys. Thanks for keeping me accountable.

:thumbsup::drink2::congrats::five:

great post. DS was one hell of a buff goddamit.

One wonders, with the rejection by UCLA, will Scott now play the wait and see game as to who the next HC is?

If I was D Scott, I would try to land with a team like Oregon or Washington - they will run the ball, BCS conference and they are on the West Coast. Arizona is another possibility.

He will have 3 years to play 2 so he has to find a team that will give him a shot. UCLA just got a verbal from a top rb.

This interesting little tidbit was posted in Kirk Bohle's column yesterday in the Austin American Statesman:

Word is Colorado’s Darrell Scott has yet to pick up his transfer papers. The talented running back, who once was all but Texas-bound and said he would leave Colorado after two below-average seasons, has considered Arizona, but might even return to the Buffaloes.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/bohls/entries/2010/01/03/9_things_and_on_2.html?cxntfid=blogs_bohl_games

Hmmmm

This still isn't resolved?

DS better figure out what he's doing pretty fast. The Spring semester is going to start next week.

I'm starting to think the Darrell Scott story will have a sad ending for both parties.

If he hasn't got it together to transfer to another school at this point, he must be planning to stay at CU or take a semester off. Very perplexing. I hope he is getting good guidance somewhere on these life decisions.

If he hasn't got it together to transfer to another school at this point, he must be planning to stay at CU or take a semester off. Very perplexing. I hope he is getting good guidance somewhere on these life decisions.

Well, he can't take a semester off, can he? Doesn't he have to finish the semester on track to graduate?

If he intends to play football, he will be in a school for spring semester. Not being enrolled stacks the academic issues against him but also why would you miss spring football? That would be a major red flag.

Maybe he has realized that at this point it would be wiser to stick around in Boulder and make amends with the coaching staff and the team and implement a plan to use him to his athletic capability. Perhaps even a position switch?

Maybe he has realized that at this point it would be wiser to stick around in Boulder and make amends with the coaching staff and the team and implement a plan to use him to his athletic capability. Perhaps even a position switch?

I've kind of thought about him switching to WR a bit. Apparently, he has very good hands. I just don't think his running style translates to the college and/or pro gave very well. Or, he could switch to punter, :smile:.

Position change? WTF? We need a running back like DScott and we need one badly.

He is really good at Farmville, maybe we can incorporate that somehow.

I've read on more then one message board from USC posters that Pete Carroll saw Darrell as a Linebacker.

Is he still on scholarship? Someone must still be paying his room and board, is it CU?? WTF is going on, is he still eating at Dal Ward?

Back