What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good luck to Darrell Scott

I've kind of thought about him switching to WR a bit. Apparently, he has very good hands. I just don't think his running style translates to the college and/or pro gave very well. Or, he could switch to punter, :smile:.

How do you know? The only game he had much of an opportunity to carry the ball was Toledo, and iirc he went something like 10 carries for 85 yards. Of course, we were getting hammered so badly that Cody threw the ball 316 times in the 2nd half and Darryl didn't get to run it much.

[/B]

How do you know? The only game he had much of an opportunity to carry the ball was Toledo, and iirc he went something like 10 carries for 85 yards. Of course, we were getting hammered so badly that Cody threw the ball 316 times in the 2nd half and Darryl didn't get to run it much.

I don't. Thats why I said "I think." It just seems to me that he's just a tad slow to accelerate, kind of the "upright, glider" type. But, hell, I don't know jack ****.

I don't. Thats why I said "I think." It just seems to me that he's just a tad slow to accelerate, kind of the "upright, glider" type. But, hell, I don't know jack ****.

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything about your knowledge or lack thereof. Just remarking on my belief that we really haven't seen enough of him to have much idea of what he can or can't do, and that when we got a little glimpse he looked good.

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything about your knowledge or lack thereof. Just remarking on my belief that we really haven't seen enough of him to have much idea of what he can or can't do, and that when we got a little glimpse he looked good.
Fair enough.

Rumors are hes not gone yet... but who knows, rumors are rumors. With Sumler gone... hmmmm

FWIW....I snooped around the Arizona board to see if they had any news from their end, doesn't sound like they think he will contribute at all and I found this interesting.

Word is Colorado's Darrell Scott has yet to pick up his transfer papers. The talented running back, who once was all but Texas-bound and said he would leave Colorado after two below-average seasons, has considered Arizona but might even return to the Buffaloes.

Don't know what to make of this, but with the Sumler news maybe he is considering his options.

Well the Sumler announcement from today specifically mentioned Scott leaving the program:

[FONT=Cambria, serif]Sumler is the second running back to leave the program since early November, following sophomore Darrell Scott.[/FONT]

Very odd situation.

This situation is beyond crazy. If I'm not mistaken the plan was to leave for U of A but something has stopped that... atleast temporarily. Classes began today. Hmmm

Saw on Rivals that his facebook stated he was in AZ...

a quick FB stalk sees nothing related to AZ. still dating colo girl still member of colo network, no updates related to AZ. last two people to post? Doug Rippy and the girl. so unless they took the FB stalking to the next level and chatted him up I dunno what they are seein.

So much for believing what I read on Rivals boards.... I thought those guy's inside info was better! Geez.

I really hope he thinks it over and decides to stay. If he works hard, assuming he wasn't before, he could be the only big back in a group of small backs. That could equal a lot of playing time especially around the goal line. It also seems like he has pretty good hands, while Speedy's hands are questionable at best, some formations with Scott and Lockridge in the backfield at the same time would be pretty sweet.

I really hope he thinks it over and decides to stay. If he works hard, assuming he wasn't before, he could be the only big back in a group of small backs. That could equal a lot of playing time especially around the goal line. It also seems like he has pretty good hands, while Speedy's hands are questionable at best, some formations with Scott and Lockridge in the backfield at the same time would be pretty sweet.

Well you know that will never happen. I wish the guy would stay and use a redshirt year. Maybe by the time next year rolls around he will have a new coach and can start off on the right foot and after two years get drafted. The talent is there and can easily be shown off after a solid year in the weight room.

Poor kid got some bad advice. Hopefully everything works out for him.

He kind of reminds me of RIcky Williams minus the pot thing. I don't know if his heart is really in football.

Same way the Celestine thing did. Slightly different circumstances but I am sure that DS would be welcomed back if he busted his ass this spring/summer

Aside from his teammates, I just do not see he and Hagan working well together. Could be wrong, but I really think the best thing for Scott and CU would be a parting of ways.

Aside from his teammates, I just do not see he and Hagan working well together. Could be wrong, but I really think the best thing for Scott and CU would be a parting of ways.

Gotta disagree with you there. I think the best thing for everybody is for him and CU to work out whatever problems existed between them and get back to work.

Do we have such an abundance of talent that we can afford to lose guys because they might not get along with their coach all the time? Hell no. Maybe at a Florida or UT you could afford to say "better to just part ways", but here?

These guys are not little children, they can work out whatever differences they have if they really want to. We need talent, and by all accounts Darrell is a good guy. I for one would welcome him back in a heartbeat.

Back