What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good props by Sandy on 104.3 the Fan this morning.

I can't listen to the radio anymore right now. I'm a Broncos fan, but all they want to talk about is the Broncos still. The Nugz are waffling, the Rockies are starting Spring Training, the Avs are playing AWESOME, the CU Buffs have lots of storylines as they right the ship headed towards the end of the season..... yet I keep having to hear the same Broncos talk every.single.day.

I can't listen to the radio anymore right now. I'm a Broncos fan, but all they want to talk about is the Broncos still. The Nugz are waffling, the Rockies are starting Spring Training, the Avs are playing AWESOME, the CU Buffs have lots of storylines as they right the ship headed towards the end of the season..... yet I keep having to hear the same Broncos talk every.single.day.

After Broncos season is over I stop listening until the football season starts again. I don't want to hear about the Broncos all year especially since nothing is going on. I wish they would actually do some research like Sandy and talk Avs, Rockies, Nugs and Buffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To catch you up, D-Mac was saying how he wants Incognito on the Broncos. I wasn't surprised because obviously he hasn't learned his lesson from his time at KBPI.

To catch you up, D-Mac was saying how he wants Incognito on the Broncos. I wasn't surprised because obviously he hasn't learned his lesson from his time at KBPI.

That ****ing guy! How does that shriveled, whiny voiced bastard still have a job? How does Big Al stand working with someone who knows so little about sports?

Would love to listen to Al again but I gave up listening to that show until dmac is history. He makes Evans look like mother****ing Dan Patrick in comparison.

That ****ing guy! How does that shriveled, whiny voiced bastard still have a job? How does Big Al stand working with someone who knows so little about sports?

Would love to listen to Al again but I gave up listening to that show until dmac is history. He makes Evans look like mother****ing Dan Patrick in comparison.

so is your last sentence a dig on dmac or evans or patrick?

Sandy did a nice job of covering the Buffs, our tournament chances and the fUCLA loss. He can be arrogant and long-winded, but he does know his stuff better than most on the Denver radio channels anyway

Sandy did a nice job of covering the Buffs, our tournament chances and the fUCLA loss. He can be arrogant and long-winded, but he does know his stuff better than most on the Denver radio channels anyway

Skimming the headlines of the DP Sports Section before coming into work would pretty much clear that bar.

Skimming the headlines of the DP Sports Section before coming into work would pretty much clear that bar.

As sports crazed as Denver/Colorado is, you would think that we could attract better talent. Sadly, Nik's statement is so true most days

Sandy spent 90% of his 45 minutes today (pre-empted for Olympics coverage) gushing about Tad Boyle. Tad's going to be on the Drive tomorrow I think. Was shocking to hear him keep going about the Buffs.

Sandy spent 90% of his 45 minutes today (pre-empted for Olympics coverage) gushing about Tad Boyle. Tad's going to be on the Drive tomorrow I think. Was shocking to hear him keep going about the Buffs.

can you give me the approximate time this was on? would love to hear a replay.

Nice.

The rest of the local media is going to get on this train at some point. Tad is imminently likeable compared to most coaches. The success is unprecedented. And from the local angle, you've got 3 of the key players from in-state with the multiple CO POY (and Top 50 national recruit) joining the squad next season.

How can you not talk up these Buffs if you're doing a Colorado sports talk show on the cusp of March Madness?

We had Channel 9 on this morning and they showed highlights of the game plus Tad's postgame pressuer. Very rare to have early morning news discussing sports (minus Olympics & Super Bowl build-up). I was actually pretty impressed.

How can you not talk up these Buffs if you're doing a Colorado sports talk show on the cusp of March Madness?

Is that a serious question? Because if it is, here's the answer: The NFL combine is next week. The draft soon after. OTAs need to be reported on. And then there's always the issue of what Peyton Manning does in his spare time.

you can skip ahead to 26 minutes remaining if you want to skip the Nuggets garbage.

I should add that the biggest reason this stuff is getting reported the way it is is due to the fact that the games are well attended. CU sold out it's season ticket allowance. That got people's attention in a hurry. Dave Krieger talks about that all the time. People like Sandy are giving this attention because they figure that other people are giving it theirs. The logic being that if CU is constantly getting 10K+ into their games (which I think they are), then there must be something going on there that is worthy of reporting.

Is that a serious question? Because if it is, here's the answer: The NFL combine is next week. The draft soon after. OTAs need to be reported on. And then there's always the issue of what Peyton Manning does in his spare time.
What about the candy he gives out on Halloween? Hmm pretty sure another qb had that story before lol.

I should add that the biggest reason this stuff is getting reported the way it is is due to the fact that the games are well attended. CU sold out it's season ticket allowance. That got people's attention in a hurry. Dave Krieger talks about that all the time. People like Sandy are giving this attention because they figure that other people are giving it theirs. The logic being that if CU is constantly getting 10K+ into their games (which I think they are), then there must be something going on there that is worthy of reporting.
Attendance? It's A) the wins and B) the obvious quality of Tad as a coach. If CU was .500 and packing CEC, we wouldn't be seeing any media coverage.

Attendance? It's A) the wins and B) the obvious quality of Tad as a coach. If CU was .500 and packing CEC, we wouldn't be seeing any media coverage.

They've had these wins before. It was obvious Tad was a good coach when he was at UNC. So while I would agree that those are factors, I maintain that the biggest reason is actual attendance. You don't ignore 10,000 people showing up at 9:00 on a Wednesday night to watch a basketball game. The opposite side of your argument is also true - if CU was 20-8 and pulling crowds of 5,000, the media coverage would be far more limited. Not only would it be limited, but it would probably be somewhat critical, as in "What's wrong with CU fans when they can't support a 20-8 team"? That would be the story, not the play of the team itself.

...and Colorado still is and always will be a football state. 50/50 chance there will be an allbuffs discussion about off-season conditioning or the special teams coach between 7 and 9 pm Saturday night.

Edit: Ok, maybe not allbuffs, but Rivals for sure.

Last edited:

You forgot that Eric Decker may or may not leave Denver and that Incognito needs a job. :lol:

They've had these wins before. It was obvious Tad was a good coach when he was at UNC. So while I would agree that those are factors, I maintain that the biggest reason is actual attendance. You don't ignore 10,000 people showing up at 9:00 on a Wednesday night to watch a basketball game. The opposite side of your argument is also true - if CU was 20-8 and pulling crowds of 5,000, the media coverage would be far more limited. Not only would it be limited, but it would probably be somewhat critical, as in "What's wrong with CU fans when they can't support a 20-8 team"? That would be the story, not the play of the team itself.

20-8? WTF? You already marked the Zona game as a loss?

In fairness to our Bronco crazy local media, the CU basketball story is compelling because John Elway was in attendance last night.

If John Elway thinks CU basketball is worth his time, then the talking heads of Denver sports radio have a story.

Not sure I agree with this. The Colorado Mammoth average over 15,000 a game, and I don't recall hearing them mentioned once - ever - on local sports talk radio.

Not sure I agree with this. The Colorado Mammoth average over 15,000 a game, and I don't recall hearing them mentioned once - ever - on local sports talk radio.
Attendance is just one measure. College basketball and particularly the Buffs are shown to a wider audience than the Mammoth and lax. Plus the fact there's message boards like this, there's a clear interest. How many people on Twitter are talking about the Mammoth?

We're getting more coverage on ESPN right now than any other Colorado sports team. That's the main reason CU Buffs Basketball is going to be talked about more on Denver sports radio and Denver TV News.

It's all building.

Back