1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Read About the Rules

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by jcatcher, Feb 26, 2014.

1. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

This is one of my pet peeves. Pretty knowledgeable basketball fans seem to lose all common sense while watching an actual game. It's why I don't read the boards or chat in-game. It's not just CU fans, it's fans of every team. Kansas fans, who you would think would know better, are still complaining about Ski's "travel" before hitting the game winner. Anyway, here it is:

http://www.bordaslaw.com/blog/2014/...op-yelling-at-the-officials-youre-wrong.shtml

2. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

The concept of advantage/disadvantage is huge, and actually my biggest problem with that blog post. WAY too often Advantage/Disadvantage is ignored completely and that, along with the complete inconsistency of how block/charge is called from not only game to game, but all the way down to possession to possession, is why so many refs suck. It is impossible to know what the hell a block is and what the hell a charge is. If the advantage/disadvantage principle was applied as I think it should be applied, 95% of block/charge calls would be blocks.

3. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

Maybe we should get rid of all officials and have robots officiate?

4. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

Hey, it's that thing you and I agree on!

5. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

Incompetence does not equal random error. I know they can't be perfect. They should be competent and consistent.