1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good to see Hawk fired up

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by LaserDeathHawk, Nov 8, 2009.

1. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

One of the most exciting parts of the game yesterday for me was seeing Hawk fired up. In the refs ear, in the players faces, storming the sidelines, yelling into his headset...the guy was fired up. Good to see the blank stares and lost looks and passionless sideline presence has been put away.

Made me think that part of our collective issue with him may be that in the middle of all this loosing we don't see him getting intense about fixing it... No outward signs of how hard he may be working. Keep up the fire Hawk. **** the stay off the mountain tops stuff. Show us your intensity. The fans and the players would probably benefit

2. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

Fify the title

I actually wish he would succeed but I am thinking by years end that will be the thread that everyone except DBT / Chilly agrees with :sad1:

3. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Amazing happens when passion and preparation collide.

Let's see that passion travel to Ames.

12 more quarters to keep this from becoming an other losing season.

4. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

This win does nothing for Hack. One win for every two losses is Hack's MO. So, expect a letdown in Ames and most certainly in Stillwater. Then maybe a win in an effort to save his job at home against the cornholers but all for naught as we will be 4-8 and in miserable shape thanks to this IDOT.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Come on, TBD, my alter ego, that isn't fair, or is it raif?

6. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

Fired up cuz he saved his job

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

That one game ain't gonna save his job. To really have any shot at being here next year, he needs to win at least two of the three remaining games IMO.

8. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

I personally dont think it matters, Bohn isnt shipping Hawk out of town, IMHO.

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

You are certainly not alone in that respect. The situation is a bit fluid right now, kinda like 2005. Barnett had an extension offer at this point in the season that year, and look what happened there.

I look at yesterday as a temporary reprieve for Hawk. It means nothing if we go back to our old habits on the road and enter the NU game at 3-8.

10. buffsfan01

buffsfan01 Member

11. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I like that hawk was fired up. I loved it in fact. let's see him do it again. I have seen us **** the bed too many times after delivering the week before.

12. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

I think if he beats ISU and NU and he does retain his job even if we think he should still go, every season he has been here he does seem to get the team ready for the Fuskers even if we are outmatched.

13. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Someone else pointed out in another thread that our pattern is LLW, and we've followed that now through 9 games. Just a funny stat.

14. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

You obviously haven't been listening to Bohn much then. He has hardly given Hawk a ringing endorsement and has stated his expectations for this program, and that they aren't being met. Hawk has to win 2 of the next 3 to have a prayer. Bookmark this, and check again at the end of the season.

15. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

To keep him fired up, as a protest, fans should threaten to wear leather helmets to the unl game as a reminder of the dark days under Joe Mills 1918-19 when the Buffs were 4-6-1.

16. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

best idea you've had in a while :thumbsup:

17. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I think Hawk needs wins @ ISU and against Nebraska to have a hope of keeping his job after the year. Lose 2 out of the next 3 and things won't be pretty, especially if we lose one real big.

18. Dunken

Dunken Member

For this team I would love to see them win out.....but with 2 road games and NU at home, my guess would be 1-2...maybe even 0-3....I think Tyler Hansen needs to prove that he can go on the road as well and play his best, and NU defense with Suh is going to be all over TH....GO BUFFS!!!!