1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodman

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Oct 9, 2010.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

What can I say? The kid should be shown the door.

2. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

I feel bad for the kid... I really do. Best thing that coulda happened to him though would've been to not win the starting job.

3. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Shown the Katoa

1 person likes this.
  4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I feel bad for him. I just wish he'd curb the **** talking he dishes out to everyone that is critical of him. He really doesn't need to do that.

What was the nickname he gave himself?

5. DBT

Goodman is not well thought of, sad to say.

6. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

You mean "Money?"

Yeah, getting nicknames and put on scholarship after a one-kick wonder probably wasn't a shining moment in our program's history.

His sister's hot.

7. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

The backup got his kick blocked though, right? It's better to miss than to line drive it into the offensive line.

8. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

I don't understand all this Goodman hate, he's a good kid, just because he calls himself "money" doesn't mean we should mock him for it. It's bad enough being Kent Riddle's kid and has to live up all the expectations of being the special teams coaches kid.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I am going to avoid commenting on his personality, attitude and work ethic.

I'll just focus on his performance. He is killing us with short kickoffs. Tonight was a lost first quarter due almost completely to losing the field position battle on special teams.

But as bad as they are, his kickoffs are his strength. He is 1/5 on field goal attempts this year. He was the worst kicker in the nation last year and he has gotten significantly worse this year. He should never see the field for CU again.

10. Hawkmustgo!

Hawkmustgo! New Member

I agree but with Talkins still as the head coach.....doubt that happens!

11. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

How can you bash this kid and defend Cody? Sounds fishy to me...

12. DBT

I'm a fishy guy.

13. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Kirkwood should have been the backup. It is unbelievable to me that they burned Castor's redshirt, on the fifth game of the season, with a junior kicker (Kirkwood) with college game experience, sitting on the bench. I do not know how I allow this coaching staff to still surprise me, but I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt that they will make some kind of long-range, logical decision, and I get ... surprised. Way to go.

14. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I'm not too upset about them burning Castor's RS. As long as Hawk goes with him for the rest of the year. If they bring back Goodman, I'd be upset.

15. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

FIF...oh ****, that was the last two years.

16. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

Not to bash on Grossnickel but that kid looks like an 8th grader....Anyone notice that Mizzou's punter was about 6-3? I wonder if that makes a difference in the physics of kicking. Anyone remember how big Janakowski from FSU was?

17. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I know that Barry Helton was 6' 4". Not sure about the other good kickers we have had. Barry didn't look like a stick though. I am just not sure how GN could be worse than Goodman and why he isn't kicking for us.

18. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

yes she is

19. bombay

bombay Well-Known Member

It's ok to take personal shots at players as long as they aren't cody.

OK.

20. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Goodman is atrocious on fg's but he's not the only one. Grossnickel's punting is just as bad. How can you be this bad in altitude let alone on the road?

It all goes back to the head coach unwilling to hold people accountable and our special teams has been awful under the riddler. This is a lazy recruiting staff and a staff that doesn't get the most out of what little talent they have.

21. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Wasn't Rouen a big kid too?

22. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I seriously want goodman's scholly pulled. it should not have been renewed. he should not travel with the team, he should not be involved with the team. hes done.

23. DBT

Even Goodman said he should be replaced. Denver Post.

24. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Not to beat a dead horse but we have to congratulate our genius coaching staff on this one as well. Prior to this year the statistics told the story on Goodman, let him kick from inside of 40 yards and he made a very high percentage, outside of 40 and he was a probable miss. I don't know what the reason for this is, he has the leg, maybe he changes technique on longer kicks, maybe it is just in his head but it didn't take long to see a pattern.

Looking at this what would you expect a competent coach to do? Hawkins in his wisdom decides to pass up short field goals and go for first downs, passing up opportunities for Goodman to put points on the board, pad his stats, and build confidence. Instead he sends Goodman out repeatedly to kick from 40+ yards, sometimes 50+ yards. Instead of having success, he sets him up for failure. Way to screw with a guys head. By this year Goodman's confidence was as fragile as a hollow egg, add to this some lousy protection and you have a guy who not only has problems with the long ones but also with the short ones and has lost a good 10-15 yards off his kickoffs. Way to go Hawk genius, way to use your talent to your advantage.

I agree with trying Kirkwood before buring Castor's redshirt but again Hawkins doesn't care. I think he is figuring out that his time at CU is running out. Mizzou was another step towards his exit. What does he care if Castor has 3 years or 4 years eligibility left, he isn't going to be here to see it unless this team starts to win the same games that they have been losing the past 4 years.

Goodman has the leg to be a decent kicker, the problem is between his ears. Hawk has managed to screw him up to a point that I don't know if he can be brought back.

25. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Which story? Link?

26. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

I got a hearty chuckle out of this.

27. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

The whole situation with Cody and now with Goodman and Castor are indicative of the one thing that I believer really, truly bugs CU fans about the Hawkins coaching staff: there does not seem to be any sort of plan in place. I firmly believe it starts with Hawk up top; he has no vision for what he wants this program to look like other than "totally ****in' awesome, man."

When you have leadership with no vision in place, then it allows for things like this to happen where decisions are seemingly made arbitrarily. It's the same thing with the offensive identity; the coaching staff just keeps throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

Hawk should be gone yesterday.

28. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I feel bad for Goodman and all our kickers and punters. Either these kids were never D1 kickers and punters or this coaching staff is failing them miserably. Either way the coaching staff is failing them, by recruiting kids who could not compete or by not giving these kids the tools to succeed. My uneducated opinion is that it is more about the coaching failures than the kids failures.

Nonetheless, I agree with Alferd, why burn Castor's redshirt if you know he is not ready? This program is in meltdown mode and it all starts with our so-called coaches.

29. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

The sad part is that CU has a long, glowing history of All-American punters going way back, and of course Mason Crosby. It's tough seeing ST as such a weak link.

30. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

Not a huge surprise given the way they killed Hansen's redshirt two years in a row mid-season...