What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gordon, Future NBA Pick?

If Wes is as good as he's being billed, CU will have at least 4 future NBA players in its starting lineup.

That may not be a big deal at the Mt Rushmore programs, but it's a huge ****ing deal anywhere else. This could be an amazing season.

If Wes is as good as he's being billed, CU will have at least 4 future NBA players in its starting lineup.

That may not be a big deal at the Mt Rushmore programs, but it's a huge ****ing deal anywhere else. This could be an amazing season.

So, let's see, Burks goes #12 in 2011, Carlon at least got a look and had a solid showing in the D-League last year, Dre goes in the 1st round this year, Dinwiddie looks like a potential lottery pick next year, XJ and Scott are on the board for 2015 and now Gordon gets thrown into the mix as a possible NBA prospect, likely in 2016 or 17. As long as everyone stays on track, Tad's recent track record for producing NBA talent will rival anyone in the conference, with the exception of Arizona. That's going to be huge on the recruiting trail.

So, let's see, Burks goes #12 in 2011, Carlon at least got a look and had a solid showing in the D-League last year, Dre goes in the 1st round this year, Dinwiddie looks like a potential lottery pick next year, XJ and Scott are on the board for 2015 and now Gordon gets thrown into the mix as a possible NBA prospect, likely in 2016 or 17. As long as everyone stays on track, Tad's recent track record for producing NBA talent will rival anyone in the conference, with the exception of Arizona. That's going to be huge on the recruiting trail.

Don't forget Higgins.

If not for the ridiculous draft next year, I would say put XJ on the board for 2014. He still may go.

Yeah, It's a lot more rare than many realize how difficult it is for universities to churn out NBA talent. There are a lot of quality programs out there from all the major conferences that just do not put guys in the league with any regularity. It's not like football where even traditionally horrible college programs still churn out a decent amount of NFL players. For CU to have two first round picks in 3 years is very special, and the start of something big. Major recruiting coup for Tad & Co.

(now hopefully Alec can get in a position to find success and things get off on the right note and Dre developing his offense to get consistent meaningful minutes)

It is absolutely insane how far we have come and how fast. 6 years ago we were in that awful lame duck Patton season. I also wouldn't be surprised in one of the incoming freshman (could be any of them) turns themselves into an NBA player when its all said and done.

If not for the ridiculous draft next year, I would say put XJ on the board for 2014. He still may go.

I'm sticking my head in the sand on this one. I think XJ will be dominant next year, but I'm hoping his lack of lateral quickness will have teams questioning his ability to play the 3 and buy us another year.

Back