1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gordon, Future NBA Pick?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by BIGEZ321, Jun 27, 2013.

1. BIGEZ321

BIGEZ321 Active Member

2. Medford M.

Medford M. Well-Known Member

If Gordon can get a reliable jumpshot, I think he will have a chance.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

If Wes is as good as he's being billed, CU will have at least 4 future NBA players in its starting lineup.

That may not be a big deal at the Mt Rushmore programs, but it's a huge ****ing deal anywhere else. This could be an amazing season.

4. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

So, let's see, Burks goes #12 in 2011, Carlon at least got a look and had a solid showing in the D-League last year, Dre goes in the 1st round this year, Dinwiddie looks like a potential lottery pick next year, XJ and Scott are on the board for 2015 and now Gordon gets thrown into the mix as a possible NBA prospect, likely in 2016 or 17. As long as everyone stays on track, Tad's recent track record for producing NBA talent will rival anyone in the conference, with the exception of Arizona. That's going to be huge on the recruiting trail.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Don't forget Higgins.

mattrob likes this.
  6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

If not for the ridiculous draft next year, I would say put XJ on the board for 2014. He still may go.

7. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah, It's a lot more rare than many realize how difficult it is for universities to churn out NBA talent. There are a lot of quality programs out there from all the major conferences that just do not put guys in the league with any regularity. It's not like football where even traditionally horrible college programs still churn out a decent amount of NFL players. For CU to have two first round picks in 3 years is very special, and the start of something big. Major recruiting coup for Tad & Co.

(now hopefully Alec can get in a position to find success and things get off on the right note and Dre developing his offense to get consistent meaningful minutes)

8. Buffs@5345'

Buffs@5345' Club Member Club Member

9. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

:stupid:

10. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

And to amplify your point CVille, Indiana, a blue-blood program, had not had a player drafted in the last four years.

11. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

It is absolutely insane how far we have come and how fast. 6 years ago we were in that awful lame duck Patton season. I also wouldn't be surprised in one of the incoming freshman (could be any of them) turns themselves into an NBA player when its all said and done.

12. mattrob

Yeah, how'd I miss him? Add one more to the pipeline.

13. mattrob

I'm sticking my head in the sand on this one. I think XJ will be dominant next year, but I'm hoping his lack of lateral quickness will have teams questioning his ability to play the 3 and buy us another year.