1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gotta get Lockridge involved next year ... at WR

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffsIn2008, Nov 4, 2008.

1. BuffsIn2008

BuffsIn2008 Guest

I say, don't wait until next summer, either. Move him this spring. Gotta get more velocity out there.

Maybe Polk, too, although I think he should get some good reps this spring at RB just to see if he's the deal.

2. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

3. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Well it's a topic worthy of it's own thread... While it is nice to have the depth, no team goes 5-6 deep at RB. And when you are lining up Cody Crawford and many times, a tight end in Devenny/Deehan, that means you don't have the personnel to run the spread. Therefore they need to move some athletes to WR because you just can't count on some of the WR's who aren't going to class.

4. jpbuff

jpbuff Active Member

Preaching to the choir here. Its time to get the athletes on the field and Hawk has to do whatever is needed to get this done. Athlete wise I like what we have in Tyler, Speedy, Scott, Polk, Lock, J-Fly, Simas, Geer, Deehan. Throw in Darden and any other freshman and get them on the field. Its time for Hawk to start getting the oppositions defense thinking how they are going to defend us and for us to start using this young talent.

5. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Are people actually serious here??? Brian Lockridge is only 5'7" tall, making him the shortest WR I can ever think of...He might be fast, but even Scotty McKnight towers over him at 5'11" and he's a small WR...

Now I would agree with anyone wanting to get Lockridge or Speedy involved in the passing game more from the RB position next year....but **** i've been saying that all season to no avail...out true WR hope will be in trying to get some recruits this year!!!!!

6. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

Wes Welker and Jeremy Bloom were not much taller.

7. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

I believe KSU had a reciever who was that short, if not shorter. Of all the years to critique the height of a player measuring (pun not intended) up to how big they play on field with Speedy tearing it up, I dont see why a smaller WR cant play. Would you rather have the speed of Lock or someone similar to Cody Crawford (No offense to him, he has played well this year)?

8. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Lockridge? 5-7 lockridge? We have trouble hitting the wr's that are 6-0 and taller and you want to try this?

I think that we should put our speed guys out there and find a spot to have 4-5 guys who can take it to the house but,I'd like a 6-3 wr with speed,we have to many runts as it is now:smile2:

9. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

Runts is our image though. "we are like little dogs, we chew on things and pee on things..." or something like that.

10. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

:lol:

11. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Just because Lockridge is fast and elusive does NOT mean he would make a good receiver. Who knows how good he is at route running, down field blocking, and how good his hands are

12. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

He'll be good as a returner tho. Much needed.

13. jpbuff

jpbuff Active Member

Lockridge? 5-7 lockridge? We have trouble hitting the wr's that are 6-0 and taller and you want to try this?

I think that we should put our speed guys out there and find a spot to have 4-5 guys who can take it to the house but,I'd like a 6-3 wr with speed,we have to many runts as it is now:smile2:[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that 6-3 wr with speed is who I want but when I look at the roster I don't seem to find them. Gotta play with who we have and we will have a 5-7 guy with no home next year. We need him on the field so lets find him a place.

14. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

For every 2 semi-successful WR's you can name me that are small, I can give you 1,000 more that are over 6'2 and better....not saying that it can't completely work, but I'd rather us land a few "true" WR recruits...that includes combing the JC Ranks for immediate help next year

BUT....I love Lockridge's heart, wanting to play through injuries last year just to see the field, and I think guys like that need to be on the field, so if this is his only avenue then I'm all for giving him a shot and hopefully he beats out the "true" WR guys I'm talking about