What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gotta Like RG..He Gets it

We lost two full years of conference revenue when we switched to the PAC 12. The BigXII contractually refused to pay us for our last year in conference. The pac12 didn't pay us anything un the end of the 1st year in conference.

CU likely used loans from the general to pay for charter flights for football and basketball all season as well as salaries. Hence things like the Ohio state game were done to make money.

Yup they did the Ohio State game for the money, Michigan as well.

My question is how many big time programs would sell themselves like that vs. figure out a way to get through it without things like this.

The Embree hire was similar. They were able to hire JE and EB for substantially less than a lot of schools paid just for their head coach. You get a staff that includes a HC and two coordinators, none of whom had been a full time coordinator before but it saved money.

How much has that decision to be cheap cost the program in ticket revenue as attendance dropped, in donations, etc.?

My question is how many big time programs would sell themselves like that vs. figure out a way to get through it without things like this.

The Embree hire was similar. They were able to hire JE and EB for substantially less than a lot of schools paid just for their head coach. You get a staff that includes a HC and two coordinators, none of whom had been a full time coordinator before but it saved money.

How much has that decision to be cheap cost the program in ticket revenue as attendance dropped, in donations, etc.?
How does an average attendance in the 30's sound as a cost to that decision?

Would we have the IPF or the Champions Center without that move? I'd argue it would have been less feasible. Or not at all. We did "it" for the same reasons aTm, NU, and Missou did it; to get away from a bad financial arrangement that was only getting worse. We did it so we would be one of those better off programs.

How does an average attendance in the 30's sound as a cost to that decision?
Exacerbated by the FUBAR that was the re-build of 36. It was no fun to sit on that mess of a highway, going to or coming from Boulder.
I estimate the final completion of the re-configured US 36 has added 1,500 to 2,500 to attendance this year.

Would we have the IPF or the Champions Center without that move? I'd argue it would have been less feasible. Or not at all. We did "it" for the same reasons aTm, NU, and Missou did it; to get away from a bad financial arrangement that was only getting worse. We did it so we would be one of those better off programs.

Would we have anything close if Bohn was still here and the school was squeezing every nickel. The facilities improvements involved taking some big risk and changing the way they were doing business.

I don't blame Bohn, he was doing what he was hired to do. RG came in with a much more aggressive approach and Benson signaled his support for that aggressive change.

I paid a full freight annual membership fee JUST to learn what the hell UBL meant (i was not told) & all I had to do was mention Bin Laden???!!! Barzil had better be good...

Twenty bucks to be a full participant in this great site is a tremendous bargain.

Twenty bucks to be a full participant in this great site is a tremendous bargain.
UBL?

& i'm excited to participate, although my contribution will be limited to pure fan excitement/disappointment backed by no appreciable knowledge regarding the subtleties of gameplay. BTW - Rick George gets it. (y)

I paid a full freight annual membership fee JUST to learn what the hell UBL meant (i was not told) & all I had to do was mention Bin Laden???!!! Barzil had better be good...

Full ****ing freight my ass! Couldn't bother to upgrade for barzil2? We ain't giving you scoop on **** anymore!

Back