What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gotta Love Coach Mac's attitude!

Snow is right though. If you are to believe other sites and sources that have been on this story from the beginning, it is the big time donors, not Bohn, that want Mac back.

I think that's correct, but I also think that Bohn is smart enough to pay attention when the big time donors are talking. That's why I think this is a trial balloon. Bohn wants to see the reaction it gets, and he needs to make sure it doesn't look like it's coming from the AD, so he works it out to have the interview done with Jizla. I'm sure it wasn't Bohn himself who arranged the interview, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he knew all about it ahead of time. Honestly, can you think of another columnist less likely to be painted as an AD shill?

Mac is a recruiting machine and a master motivator. There is no way he has lost that now that he is 70. This would be a great move for the program. However, due to all the positive press the team is getting right now, I am willing to give Hawk a chance.

Even if Mac does not end up coaching, Bohn has got to figure out a way to get Mac more involved with the program. In pains me to write this but Tom Osborn turned NU around seemingly overnight. We need Mac at least somewhere in the program.

Money would flood in from donors. There would be no wait and see, as there might be with a new non-CU guy. Mac would have a clear vision of how to remake the team, facilities...I'd love to see Mac move to AD from coach after a couple years.

Mac is a recruiting machine and a master motivator. There is no way he has lost that now that he is 70. This would be a great move for the program. However, due to all the positive press the team is getting right now, I am willing to give Hawk a chance.

Even if Mac does not end up coaching, Bohn has got to figure out a way to get Mac more involved with the program. In pains me to write this but Tom Osborn turned NU around seemingly overnight. We need Mac at least somewhere in the program.

This seems like a plant and I would love this, but a win against CSU, especiallly a big one, quiets all this talk. For a week or so anyway.

I think Coach Mac would take it if offered but I don't think Michigan would be interested because of how long he has been out of the game and they have plenty of cash to hire a big time guy to replace Rich Rod with the money they get from the Big Ten and their alumni base etc. -- Coach Mac is a better fit for us if we continue to blow this season because he still loves CU and would not demand a ridiculous salary. It could be a good situation for us as a interim fix until EB or who ever is up to speed with all of the financial hoops we are jumping through.

Last edited:
I think in part this is a trial baloon to test the waters of public opinion, but I also see it as a proactive step to soften up the public to the idea so that if Hawk falls flat on his face it doesn't seem like such a huge leap to replace him with Mac. "He's close to the program, still has a lot of love an enthusiasm for the game, he feels like he's still got the chops to do it..." It's like an insurace policy, if Hawk fails the public is primed for the move and if Hawk succeeds then it's just a nice story about a beloved coach. For Bohn this is win/win.

Back