What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gotta Love Orms

lvbuff

This kid has bad ass written all over him. He is truly old school. To bad the rules have changed. Note: I do agree with the rule changes re: head to head contact.

Even in slo mo I can't tell if it was illegal. But the guy's head clearly snapped right. I guess the ref pretty much had to make that call. Good to see Orms healthy finally.

My observation of the hit that received the penalty was that Orms made a good play on the receiver and lowered his head for an upper body tackle. The receiver slightly juggled the ball and looked down at the instant of contact causing the crown of Orms' helmet to hit the chin of the receiver. Bad timing... would have been nice to get the defense off the field at that time. That play could have easily been a no call, but wasn't, obviously.

Like his attitude but with the focus on head injuries if you are even close and the head snaps back the flag is coming out. In a different game this weekend I saw a guy hit someone squarely in the chest with a shoulder, not even close to the head. Guy getting hits head bounced backwards and the trailing official threw the flag.

It's a part of the game now, players are going to have to adjust.

Honestly, I don't remember Orms making any plays other than that huge hit (which cost us 15, and arguably the touchdown on the next play). In the heat of the moment, I thought it was a fantastic hit. I will go as far as to say it's borderline, and I don't mind the refs calling it. But for being this "Ball hawk," I was disapointed in Orms.

Orms seemed a step too slow on Saturday. I'm not bought into his play yet, but it's a lot better than have someone on O try to fill in.

he shouldn't have done what he did. he hurt the team. that said, he's one of about 4 players that showed a ****ing pulse against those pukes on saturday.

i'm pissed.

Back