1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gotta Love Orms

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by lvbuff, Sep 3, 2012.

1. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

This kid has bad ass written all over him. He is truly old school. To bad the rules have changed. Note: I do agree with the rule changes re: head to head contact.

2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Even in slo mo I can't tell if it was illegal. But the guy's head clearly snapped right. I guess the ref pretty much had to make that call. Good to see Orms healthy finally.

3. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

My observation of the hit that received the penalty was that Orms made a good play on the receiver and lowered his head for an upper body tackle. The receiver slightly juggled the ball and looked down at the instant of contact causing the crown of Orms' helmet to hit the chin of the receiver. Bad timing... would have been nice to get the defense off the field at that time. That play could have easily been a no call, but wasn't, obviously.

4. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Orms needs to be more disciplined. These penalties are costly.

5. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Like his attitude but with the focus on head injuries if you are even close and the head snaps back the flag is coming out. In a different game this weekend I saw a guy hit someone squarely in the chest with a shoulder, not even close to the head. Guy getting hits head bounced backwards and the trailing official threw the flag.

It's a part of the game now, players are going to have to adjust.

6. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

Honestly, I don't remember Orms making any plays other than that huge hit (which cost us 15, and arguably the touchdown on the next play). In the heat of the moment, I thought it was a fantastic hit. I will go as far as to say it's borderline, and I don't mind the refs calling it. But for being this "Ball hawk," I was disapointed in Orms.

7. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Orms seemed a step too slow on Saturday. I'm not bought into his play yet, but it's a lot better than have someone on O try to fill in.

8. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

he shouldn't have done what he did. he hurt the team. that said, he's one of about 4 players that showed a ****ing pulse against those pukes on saturday.

i'm pissed.

9. Highlander27

Highlander27 Well-Known Member

I could see Orms as a Jim Leonhard type if he can stay healthy. Looked fast in the defensive backfield.