What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Grade the Freshmen

I disagree. Fans can post opinions all they want. The day Tyler became part of the media by associating himself as a staff member at Rivals, he took on a higher responsibility.

He's not a staff member though. He's labeled as "Fan Correspondent" (or at least was two weeks ago). He provides some really, really good math analysis around tournament time, and also has a lot of opinions on the podcast that we all did, that got people to listen. I don't agree with Tyler a lot, he knows this, but wouldn't say he's a staff member since he's a fan.

I disagree. Fans can post opinions all they want. The day Tyler became part of the media by associating himself as a staff member at Rivals, he took on a higher responsibility.

Not a staff member. But I would say that he's trying to establish himself as something more than an average fan and create a large profile for himself (Rivals correspondent, blogger, etc.). He brands all the social media as himself. If that's what he wants, then more power to him. Chase your dreams and all that. However, if he wants to be someone who is respected for his opinions about CU basketball then he is not going about it in a way that's going to deliver that from most of the audience.

OK. I don't think anybody is really disappointed in the year Gordon had. I think a lot of the growth we saw in Scott can be attributed to having Gordon in the lineup with him. I wasn't even counting him as a Freshman, even though technically that's what he is.

Maybe the rest of the Freshmen were forced to grow up too fast as a result of Spencer's injury. We were spoiled with Scott's Freshman year last year. Dude came in and started from day one. That's a lot to expect from an incoming kid. Maybe our collective expectations were put out of perspective because of that.

Still, I would hope to see guys like Thomas, Fletcher and Hopkins contribute major minutes next year. At least 15 a game from each of them. Unless King turns it on in a big way, I will stick with my opinion that the scholarship could have been used better elsewhere. That's two "throw-away" scholarships that Tad has given out. Now, I don't know what kind of lockerroom presence guys like King and Stalzer are, but they're not doing much on the floor. Stalzer still makes me cringe every time he has the ball in his hands.

The only reason that I'm disappointed for this year and wes is because the poor kid was hurt so much. Right off hand, He didnt play vs kansas, elon, vs wash or UCLA - and he only got limited minutes in a few other games (I think) because of injuries. I hope he can stay healthy for next year and he'll be a force to contend with in the P12

Is it terrible to have an opinion that goes against the grain of the pro CU fan base? I understand there is a way to go about things, and he may have violated the politically correct way of doing this, but let's take it easy and realize that you are free to have an opinion. I understand and I'm behind the idea of not speaking negatively about a recruit, but I'm of the opinion that when you get free education to play a sport and represent a school, then you may be subject to some scrutiny. Overall, I'm an optimist when it comes to our athletic program, but I can also understand the other side of the spectrum.

For a basketball guy, Zisken says some stupid things.
A lot of "fans" (which he is in addition to being a basketball guy) say stupid things. I'm not saying he's right in his outlandish remarks, but he's hardly out of the norm.

Not a staff member. But I would say that he's trying to establish himself as something more than an average fan and create a large profile for himself (Rivals correspondent, blogger, etc.). He brands all the social media as himself. If that's what he wants, then more power to him. Chase your dreams and all that. However, if he wants to be someone who is respected for his opinions about CU basketball then he is not going about it in a way that's going to deliver that from most of the audience.
Agreed

Is it terrible to have an opinion that goes against the grain of the pro CU fan base? I understand there is a way to go about things, and he may have violated the politically correct way of doing this, but let's take it easy and realize that you are free to have an opinion. I understand and I'm behind the idea of not speaking negatively about a recruit, but I'm of the opinion that when you get free education to play a sport and represent a school, then you may be subject to some scrutiny. Overall, I'm an optimist when it comes to our athletic program, but I can also understand the other side of the spectrum.

No, its not terrible. but people are also free to have the opinion that the other opinion is dumb, stupid, sucks, or makes no sense. When you go against the grain, you are going to get some chafing.

Thomas- The biggest disappointment for me, I thought he would find more of a rhythm on the offensive end. He also took a lot of bad fouls, which seemed to rattle him. The upside was obvious, though. I wish he would keep his feet underneath him when he shoots, but he'll be a good one by 2015.

Agree with most of the prior posts, but everyone here is pretty down on Thomas. I only saw the ASU game in Boulder, and maybe that was his best, but he played really well, especially in the first half when Ski couldn't find a shot. For a frosh, I'd give him a B.

The most frustrating thing about Dustin was that we could all see that he was capable of being a big time scorer if he could just put it together. So much upside with him. Looking forward to next season.

The most frustrating thing about Dustin was that we could all see that he was capable of being a big time scorer if he could just put it together. So much upside with him. Looking forward to next season.

I agree. Get him some offseason confidence and some added muscle and I think he will be a major contributor.

dude has moves. He's gonna be fun to watch once he gets his head on right.

I agree. Get him some offseason confidence and some added muscle and I think he will be a major contributor.

I would say other than Josh and Ski, a few of our guys need to add some muscle. Doubt it will affect our shooting :). Pitt looked like a pro team stature wise. Noticeable despite age gap. We will see that again.

Back