What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Grading the Buffs against CAU

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
Offense: B-
Not as sharp as last game in my opinion. A few holding penalties. Wood not as sharp as last week. I thought he held on to the ball too long on numerous occasions. He also accounted for 4 turnovers! Still had a pretty good game but has some areas to improve on. Also thought he sometimes threw the short routes to hard and tried squeezing it in somewhere. I was extremely disappointed with our running again, but in the 4th qtr Jones finally started getting and finding some holes. Maybe something to build on or maybe just CAU getting tired? PRich-total stud-could be best receiver in country if he keeps this up.

Defense: A-
Actually I thought they played pretty well. For the most part our Dline is playing pretty well and managed to get a bit more pressure on the QB today. Shut down the run altogether. DBs played well at times but also got luck that CAU QB missed some open receivers. Still work to do there. Our LB's as a unit seem to be playing way better than last year. Team still flying around, gang tackling. Also picked up the turnovers big time-3 INTs!!! Hell ya. They really kept us in the game.

Special Teams: C+
We are not getting any impressive returns and we are giving up too many so having to switch to give them the ball at the 40 instead of kicking deep. Must get that fixed. Disappointed in our kickoffs not getting to the endzone. Too bad our Mexican kicker couldn't play this year.

​Overall Team Performance: B
Love the fight in this team. I started to doubt as we were down 7 and the were driving. This team is starting to believe in themselves and show fight until the end. They play hard. You never see quitting.

Last edited:
Minus the one return, special teams improved a great deal from last week.
That in part is due to a quicker adjustment to pooch-style kickoffs which gave them the ball around the 40 most of the time. That is not good.

I thought turnovers and penalties killed the offense. When that wasnt the issue the offense moved the ball fairly efficiently. One side note, but by far my favorite part of the game. When Crawley had the interception, HCMM was out on the field screaming at Crawley to slide the right because HCMM knew it was going to be a fade. That completely sold me on the coaching staff. They are putting the players in a position to succeed. Also props to the crowd. Pretty lively.

special team F Offense C- Defense B Overall D+ They should play more starters on Special teams and work on tackling. The offense was too dependent on big plays, turned the ball over like about 3 times. The defense would have gotten an A if there were no defensive break downs in the secondary. The team has a lot of work to do before conference games begin.

Last edited:
Offense: B-
Not as sharp as last game in my opinion. A few holding penalties. Wood not as sharp as last week. I thought he held on to the ball too long on numerous occasions. He also accounted for 4 turnovers! Still had a pretty good game but has some areas to improve on. Also thought he sometimes threw the short routes to hard and tried squeezing it in somewhere. I was extremely disappointed with our running again, but in the 4th qtr Jones finally started getting and finding some holes. Maybe something to build on or maybe just CAU getting tired? PRich-total stud-could be best receiver in country if he keeps this up.

Defense: A-
Actually I thought they played pretty well. For the most part our Dline is playing pretty well and managed to get a bit more pressure on the QB today. Shut down the run altogether. DBs played well at times but also got luck that CAU QB missed some open receivers. Still work to do there. Our LB's as a unit seem to be playing way better than last year. Team still flying around, gang tackling. Also picked up the turnovers big time-3 INTs!!! Hell ya. They really kept us in the game.

Special Teams: C+
We are not getting any impressive returns and we are giving up too many so having to switch to give them the ball at the 40 instead of kicking deep. Must get that fixed. Disappointed in our kickoffs not getting to the endzone. Too bad our Mexican kicker couldn't play this year.

​Overall Team Performance: B
Love the fight in this team. I started to doubt as we were down 7 and the were driving. This team is starting to believe in themselves and show fight until the end. They play hard. You never see quitting.

Offense: C-
Defense: B
ST: C-
Overall: C

We should have put these guys away before half, had it not been for the Offensive Turnovers and ST mistakes.

Offense: C
if it weren't for PRich, we'd have nothing this game. Turnovers. Sacks. Bad passes. Not sharp.

Defense: B+
Turnovers. Hard hitting. But no QB pressure.

Special Teams: C-
We all saw the collapse and missed a field goal, but better than last week.

Offense B- Definately more of a struggle tonight, dumb play by Conner. Hope Powell can heal up. Jones did play like a champ 4th quarter
Defense B++ Turnover makers! and pick 6's! Keeping them from the A.... Struggles with better receivers than CSU, Awuzie got burned going for Int,
Special Teams C- FG kicking keeps them from the D, the rest is setting us up for bad field position. They did make their tackles on the returns!

Good growing game as a lower division slate should provide.

Next week should provide a real challenge

Last edited:
Offense: C-
Defense: B
ST: C-
Overall: C

We should have put these guys away before half, had it not been for the Offensive Turnovers and ST mistakes.

Defense: A- ; controlled their dangerous run/pass QB and scored twice
Offense: B ; long plays are what every offense shoots for --why knock that? Take what the "D" gives and if they give up plays who cares?
STeams: C ; one long KO--other teams have spotted something on the left side. Defect must be corrected. Not fond of the high kick-offs, if if they must, throw in some squibs, create some confusion

Overall : B+; That was a win against a very good team and any win is a "B" at least, especially when you come from behind. The + is for the "D". Perfect? No, but I'll take it, knowing the staff will continue to teach to overcome the errors.

By-the-bye, ST errors were 2nd half, it was TO's caused by some pretty good DEs that stopped the first half effort. Not certain CAU was gonna quit any time. They are too well-coached to have done that, its not like WB was on their sideline!

Last edited:
Offense: C

I thought Wood actually played decently. Both fumbles were the fault of the OL more than him, but it'd be nice if he'd hold onto the ball better. The pick he telegraphed was pretty ugly, though. PRich was just amazing and Spruce had a good game. OL and running game were just crap.

Defense: A

Amazing game from them. We were helped out by some airballs by their QB, but they made up for it by making some pretty absurd catches. They accounted for more points than they allowed, whenever that happens the defense had a great game. Pleasantly surprised by this group so far. Big test next week.

ST: D

Crap.

Back