What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Grading the coaching hires: Mike macintyre and colorado

I disagree that Colorado is a hard place to win. Look around the country. Look in the Top 25. San Jose St., Louisville, Norther Illinois, etc. There is much more parity top to bottom, although the scholarship limits that helped create parity are also probably responsible for conferences like the SEC to dominate even more. There are many programs having success that have as much or more against them than CU does. Yeah, we hit the Pac 12 at a bad time with our program being down. But CU has a lot to offer.

When Mac built the program and eventually won the MNC, the scholarship limit was at 95. In 1992, the NCAA dropped it to the current 85. There is talk about dropping it to 80, even. So, I'd argue that today, there are more good players available than during our glory years. On the other hand, there is probably a higher disparity in talent levels between the very top programs and the rest.

I thought the article was fair. CU is at the bottom of the Pac 12 in talent - Here is the analysis I did a few weeks ago.

I really don't want to go on about the AD...I sent my donation in before the deadline and let them know what I think.

Here is what is really missing - leadership from the administration. There has been one constant over the past 7 - 8 years while CU has declined on the football field. Mike Bohn.

I thought the article was fair. CU is at the bottom of the Pac 12 in talent - Here is the analysis I did a few weeks ago.

I really don't want to go on about the AD...I sent my donation in before the deadline and let them know what I think.

Here is what is really missing - leadership from the administration. There has been one constant over the past 7 - 8 years while CU has declined on the football field. Mike Bohn.

Mike Bohn wasn't CU's athletic director when Neuheisel went 5-6 in 1997. Nor was he CU's athletic director when Gary Barnett went 3-8 in 2000. Nor was he CU's athletic director when Gary Barnett went 5-7 in 2003.

I guess the University of Colorado football program was consistently ranked in the top 10 prior to April 13, 2005.

Five paragraphs into this and I have given up. If HCMM turns this program around 360 degrees he should be fired. 360 degrees means we have one really good season and back to sucking at 1-11.

(Ashamed I even let it slide on the Ty Pennington reference)
LOL!! I noticed that too...one reason I said it wasn't well written...besides an obvious typo here and there.

Mike Bohn wasn't CU's athletic director when Neuheisel went 5-6 in 1997. Nor was he CU's athletic director when Gary Barnett went 3-8 in 2000. Nor was he CU's athletic director when Gary Barnett went 5-7 in 2003.

I guess the University of Colorado football program was consistently ranked in the top 10 prior to April 13, 2005.

Nor was he athletic director in 1989, 1990 or 2001. I have not idea what point you are trying to make. Is Mike Bohn your brother? I think my point was pretty clear - CU has been on a steady decline since 2005 (we have never had 7 losing seasons in a row) and Mike Bohn has been in charge during all of that time. Yep, Neuheisel went 5-6 in 97 and Barnett went 3-8 in 2000 but those down years were the outliers...Neuheisel won on the field 3 out of 4 years and Barnett won 5 out of 7 - going to 8 bowl games in 11 years. Everyone was mad when we went 7-5, now people are optimistic that we can win 4 games. CU is no longer considered an elite program or a "destination" program...whose watch did that happen under.

WR
Paul Richardson - RS JR
Rivals Ranking: 5.8 4*; #38 WR
BCS Offers: CU, UA, ASU, Cal, NU, OSU, UW, WSU
Nelson Spruce - RS SO
Rivals Ranking: 5.5 3*; NR WR
BCS Offers: CU, Northwestern, WSU

LT
Alex Lewis - RS JR
Rivals Ranking: 5.5 3*; NR OT
BCS Offers: CU, Michigan State

LG
Daniel Muyner - JR
Rivals Ranking: 5.5 3*; NR OG
BCS Offers: CU

C
Gus Handler - SR
Rivals Ranking: 5.4 2*; NR OG

RG
Jack Harris - SR
Rivals Ranking: 5.8 4*; #19 OT, #223 Overall
BCS Offers: CU, ASU, UO, TT, VU, UW

RT
Stephane Nembot - RS SO
Rivals Ranking:5.6 3*; #51 DE
BCS Offers: CU, ASU, OSU, SU, UCLA, USC, UW, WSU

TE

Vincent Hobbs - SO
Rivals Ranking: 5.6 3*; #31 TE

QB
Shane Dillon - RS FR
Rivals Ranking: 5.7 3*; #13 QB
BCS Offers: CU, UA, UC, FSU, UM, tOSU, VU

TB
Christian Powell - SO
Rivals Ranking: 5.6 3*; #55 ATH
BCS Offers: CU, NU, aTm, UCLA, UW

*I know there are only 10 players listed, I am seeing what the depth chart at SJSU looked like

So, looking at that we should be doing much, much better on offense and it also tells me we do have some talent on this team to win 4 or 5 games. We do have some young talent.

Last edited:
Nor was he athletic director in 1989, 1990 or 2001. I have not idea what point you are trying to make. Is Mike Bohn your brother? I think my point was pretty clear - CU has been on a steady decline since 2005 (we have never had 7 losing seasons in a row) and Mike Bohn has been in charge during all of that time. Yep, Neuheisel went 5-6 in 97 and Barnett went 3-8 in 2000 but those down years were the outliers...Neuheisel won on the field 3 out of 4 years and Barnett won 5 out of 7 - going to 8 bowl games in 11 years. Everyone was mad when we went 7-5, now people are optimistic that we can win 4 games. CU is no longer considered an elite program or a "destination" program...whose watch did that happen under.

The decline started long before Bohn.

Has the program bottomed out under Bohn? Absolutely. But let's not make it out like CU was a steady top ten performer in the year's prior to Bohn's hiring. It was not. Colorado finished the season ranked TWICE during Barnett's time at CU.

Let's also not forget the reasons the last athletic director was fired!

CU hasn't been considered an "elite" program since I don't know when. It has had some very nice years but it hasn't been on the top of college football except in the mind of CU fans in a long long time. The last coach who wasn't fired left the University of Colorado because he got more money at Washington.

It is an okay starting lineup on offense. Not great, not terrible. The biggest issue is the depth behind those starters. When the injuries hit (and they will), it gets really dicey for us. And I mean at every single position.

The offense is going to be heavily reliant on a QB and Paul Richardson dominating some games IMO.

Hey those MWC/WAC level recruits we brought in this past weekend seemed to like our facilities!!!!!!!!

Has the program bottomed out under Bohn? Absolutely. But let's not make it out like CU was a steady top ten performer in the year's prior to Bohn's hiring. It was not. Colorado finished the season ranked TWICE during Barnett's time at CU.

CU hasn't been considered an "elite" program since I don't know when. It has had some very nice years but it hasn't been on the top of college football except in the mind of CU fans in a long long time. The last coach who wasn't fired left the University of Colorado because he got more money at Washington.

Let's not excuse Mike Bohn's performance either, which you seem to be doing.

Never said it was top 10 but Bohn has gotten it to the Bottom 10.

Back