1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Article in the Post about Tupou

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by darth-horax, May 3, 2016.

1. darth-horax

darth-horax Well-Known Member

2. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Doing that manual labor is a good lesson in hard work and discipline. Also builds some muscles that just strength training alone doesn't do. I would not be surprised to see him show up for fall camp absolutely jacked. If he can apply the lessons that I am sure he learned over his year away, he is going to be a monster for us. Very excited to see what Tupou can do for this defense.

3. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

We said the same thing about Samson and he was still out of shape until the second half of the season.

4. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Don't think they equate, mostly because the activities that Tupou chose to do during his suspension. I don't remember hearing any stories about Samson playing organized team sports while away or working in a field that is pretty much guaranteed to keep you in pretty good shape.

5. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

I remember he was doing the same manual labor back home with his family right? These two are family members so I am assuming they did the same thing with their uncle or whoever it is.

6. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

The Yuuge difference is the rugby. Samson was coaching, (e.g. a lot of standing around), versus running constantly and engaging in leverage-type moves in scrums.

7. chitownbuff

chitownbuff Club Member Club Member

Possibly, but I would argue that the bigger difference is the urgency. Tupou is coming back with only one year to prove himself. Put up or shut up.

TDforTD likes this.
  8. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

Getting Tupou back is an awesome, "grad transfer-like" bonus on the '16 class. We know he's a high level P5 player that will start from day one, and between him, Lewis and hopefully a bigger and healthier Gillam, the defense adds 3 potential studs to our weakest positions. Hopefully Samson is able to remain on the team and play in the Fall, and I'd like to see them at least kick the tires on Abner Logan. He seems to be able to play ILB and/or OLB, so would potentially be in line to start in place of Falo.

9. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Inexperience aside, how is DL one of "our weakest positions"?

10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Depends on if that group includes Tupou and Samson. Without them, it's not to the level that wins in a P5 conference. Lots of guys who are still a year away from being starter caliber.

11. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

Exactly like nik said. Samson and Tupou bring a lot to that position group, but this team has been getting destroyed at the point of contact, for the most part (on both sides of the ball).

We lack a "plus" pass rusher, and without Tupou, have very little to offer in the middle to eat up blocks and allow our LBs (the other weak position group) to make plays, which is a must in a 3-4 defense.