What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Great Article On Boyle

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Ringo had a great article on Coach Boyle today. I recommend reading the whole thing obviously, but this part jumped out to me:

So following the poor performance at Air Force, Boyle let the entire team know he wasn't pleased with its performance and that it needed to get better in a hurry. Then he took freshmen Spencer Dinwiddie and Askia Booker into a separate room and delivered this message to the two guards after their fifth college game.

"I believe in you."

The heart-to-heart talk and pat on the back from their coach caught both youngsters by surprise. Both said they were thinking too much on the court and not playing with the confidence they were used to at the high school level and AAU ball.

The dose of encouragement seemed to inspire them when they took the floor against Georgia on Monday night at the Coors Events Center.

Dinwiddie played his best game to date, leading the Buffs with 16 points. Booker, who already has solidified himself as a solid sixth man and the energy guy off the bench, delivered some of the most exciting moments of the game. He is a spark plug who will shake you out of your sneakers and drive for a layup or pull up and hit a jumper. He scored 14 points.

He has done wonders for the program in such a short time.....Booker and Dinwiddie are great players.....can't wait to see Cain get on the floor

preseason i posted a few times i wasn't sure what early impact Booker and Dinwiddie would make. pretty happy so far.

I randomly ended up sitting next to some of Tad's family (his brother, sister in-law and tad's sons) last year during the first round of the NCAA tournament at the Pepsi Center. We talked for a while before I made the connection, but they were the nicest people, his brother was a great guy and tad's son's couldn't have been nicer kids. The entire family LOVES hoops. I think CU got not only a really good coach in Tad, I think they got a really good person as well. As cliche as it is, it seems like he is really doing things right with the program and with Colorado being his home he seems to have a lot of respect and ambitions for what CU basketball could become.

I randomly ended up sitting next to some of Tad's family (his brother, sister in-law and tad's sons) last year during the first round of the NCAA tournament at the Pepsi Center. We talked for a while before I made the connection, but they were the nicest people, his brother was a great guy and tad's son's couldn't have been nicer kids. The entire family LOVES hoops. I think CU got not only a really good coach in Tad, I think they got a really good person as well. As cliche as it is, it seems like he is really doing things right with the program and with Colorado being his home he seems to have a lot of respect and ambitions for what CU basketball could become.

I wouldn't mind if Hitler was our coach if we got back to back national championships.

I wonder if Tad is going to go rip**** on the free throws? :bang:

Apparently we chart them in practice and are shooting 75%. It's a mental funk and I don't think that adding pressure is the way out of it. Guys just need to practice more and gain confidence.

Apparently we chart them in practice and are shooting 75%. It's a mental funk and I don't think that adding pressure is the way out of it. Guys just need to practice more and gain confidence.

75% at practice is pretty bad IMO

Do we know what last year's numbers were? I imagine it was significanly better than our game time production.

Back