What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Great read on the meltdown that is Texas Athletics

If the Brown replaced by Saban thing is already on ESPN, just count the days until Brown is replaced by an interim coach. I put the over/under at 20 days, but that will go down to about 3 days if KSU beats the Longhorns in Austin this weekend. Place your bets now.

The meltdown is going to be epic.

The administration at UT probably thinks that fans appreciate that they are willing to shoot for the moon and that will score brownie points. What they are not figuring on is that when they fail to land Saban, they will have then set an unrealistic expectation that will make fans disappointed in whomever they do hire. It will be a letdown.

For instance, it's a good thing that most CU fans never heard the rumor that the school was trying to hire Les Miles to replace Hawkins (and that most of those who did hear about it did not believe it). Could you imagine the letdown there would have been if Buffs fans believed that we made a strong play for Miles as the first choice and then went with Embree as the backup plan? That's the situation UT is setting itself up for when they miss on Saban and promote Major Applewhite.

Mack's "I told the boys..." tough talk in pressers annoys me but keeping him around longer makes for good comedy. If the Juco boat races them and the final score is by 2 TDs I have to believe there's a resignation/retirement announcement coming Monday. Probably effective at season's end.

The administration at UT probably thinks that fans appreciate that they are willing to shoot for the moon and that will score brownie points.

I don't think that currency is worth much in Austin anymore.

Last edited:
Somebody laughed at me when I said UT would make a run at Saban. UT really honestly believes it is where everybody wants to play/coach. They think they're better than everybody. Seriously.

All I know is that I am going to sit back and enjoy every moment. I despise both the state of texasss and the univ of texasss. I have nothing against Mack personally but to me they represent everything that is wrong with college athletics. Their arrogance and self indulgence make me sick. If you believe their fans, they've won 16 national championships and are the envy of every team in the nation. They are ruled by a bunch of Texass size *****hole boosters who think they are better than everyone else and can buy their way to the top.

Sagan is laughing at them as we speak. How much are he and his agent going to make off these Texass tools. They will be lucky to get anyone to be their next coach other than a Garrett type coach who is willing to forget his pride and take his marching orders from an asshole Jerry jones like billionaire booster. Now.....Somebody ask me what I really think about them.

Crapbraska and Texasss imploding in the same season while we are undefeated. Maybe the past 8 years of hell are finally being paid back for us. Karma can be a wonderful thing when used correctly.

It's going to be hard for Mack brown to keep the team together, assuming he hasn't already lost them.

Somebody laughed at me when I said UT would make a run at Saban. UT really honestly believes it is where everybody wants to play/coach. They think they're better than everybody. Seriously.

No doubt. From 1998 to 2007 I worked as a volunteer doing parking duty for CU games through the Optimist Club. I think it was the game in 2000, and I was delegated as one of the attendants in the "A" lot (the one for the big donors between the Physics Building and Benson Earth Sciences, directly across from the stadium). The UT marching band (one of the largest in numbers in the country) had been instructed as to the route to take to the stadium so as not to interfere too much with pre-game traffic and parking.

Apparently they thought such instructions didn't apply to them. Despite my attempts (and those of my co-attendants) to steer them away from taking the path down the driveway by Benson, which was the only entrance to the "A" lot, they just plunged through us about a half hour before gametime, and given the size of the band and the logistics of the parking lot, unnecessarily complicated an already difficult situation. Their arrogance (We're Texas!) was no more evident than it was on that day.

Previous to that I had no real feeling re UT one way or the other. Since that day I have hated Texass with a red hot passion only remotely matched by that I have for the Nubs.

McCoy is interesting because he has amazing man boobs

Fify

3a3ana6e.jpg

McCoy is interesting because he was really just a 3*, back up recruit to their 5*, top target, Ryan Perrilloux, who ended up bailing at the last minute and going to LSU (where he flamed out in spectacular fashion).

Actually Perrilloux had bailed on the commit in September. The 5* that did show up was Jevan Sneed from Stephenville, when McCoy won the job Sneed promptly transferred to Ole Miss

Actually Perrilloux had bailed on the commit in September. The 5* that did show up was Jevan Sneed from Stephenville, when McCoy was annointed by Brown as the next VY Sneed promptly transferred to Ole Miss

You don't "win" the job as UT QB, you are chosen because of recruiting promises, who your daddy/brother/uncle is, or some such..........

How many QBs have transferred from UT and how many great Texas HS QBs has Brown whiffed on? Andrew Luck comes immediately to mind.

I've never liked UT (in fact, I don't like most people I know that went there).

However, I am torn by their demise. I am a Texas resident (due to military service) and my daughter was born there when I was stationed there. She has grown to be an avid UT fan and says that's where she wants to go to college - which when you take their academics/prestige into account and the fact that I would get in-state tuition - is a pretty good deal.

I am am truly enjoying their suffering right now. However, if that's where she wants to go, I want them to a powerhouse for her sake. But if she decides NOT to go there, then my soul will burn in hell for subtly rooting for their success.

Damn you Texas!!!

They need to get Briles, he will get the best player not legacy. I don't see Saban going there, he's 62 already. If he goes anywhere, I'd think the NFL. What would it really prove to go get Texas winning? I mean he's already done that before at a few places. Texas has no excuse to not be in the top ten yearly with the advantages they have.

They need to get Briles, he will get the best player not legacy. I don't see Saban going there, he's 62 already. If he goes anywhere, I'd think the NFL. What would it really prove to go get Texas winning? I mean he's already done that before at a few places. Texas has no excuse to not be in the top ten yearly with the advantages they have.
This is the only reason why Saban would take it on, because he has a hard on for those situations, turning around a downtrodden power. That and they'd throw $10M at him.

I agree, Briles is the right choice for UT. He would have some scary recruiting classes.

Are we sure a Ram poster didn't fake this to get Alabama to perform worse? :lol:

Saban came out and said that he's too damn old to start over again. I think I believe him this time. He's 62 and he's "been there / done that" with building a major college program. There's no excitement in applying his model again somewhere else. Nothing to prove.

His career is going to go 1 of 2 directions: 1) Finish out the string at Alabama trying to set a new standard for a college dynasty, then retire; or, 2) Go to the NFL to prove himself where he previously failed. A #3 could be to three-peat (which sets a new dynasty standard) and then go to the NFL.

He's got enough money for his grandchildren to be rich. It's all about having competitive goals that will drive him at this point.

Are we sure a Ram poster didn't fake this to get Alabama to perform worse? :lol:

Short of the Bama team buses running into each other on the way to the stadium and sending most of the team to the hospital is there anything that could make this game close? Saban could pull a Bobby Pertrino and it wouldn't be enough to cause Bama to lose this week.

With competitors, especially like him, get that itch, ya gotta scratch it. Idk, he just looks content to me where he is in the college game. If they offer him 10+ mil a year, maybe he looks into it. Since he's very competitive, I'd think he has some unfinished business in the NFL like Nik pointed out. I dont doubt that he didn't do well there sits well with him.

You have the think that the Bama money guys are busy right now putting together some "sweeteners" just to make sure Saban doesn't get to interested in looking.

You don't "win" the job as UT QB, you are chosen because of recruiting promises, who your daddy/brother/uncle is, or some such..........

How many QBs have transferred from UT and how many great Texas HS QBs has Brown whiffed on? Andrew Luck comes immediately to mind.

or Ryan Mallett, Nick Foles, Darron Thomas and the list goes on and on. Perhaps the biggest mistake of all RGIII, Mack asked him to come play DB

I hope UTerus hires Forrest Gump and the whole program implodes. **** them. I hope they lose every game for the next 200 years.

I hope UTerus hires Forrest Gump and the whole program implodes. **** them. I hope they lose every game for the next 200 years.
The way things are now, I doubt there is football in a fraction of that amount of time. Hell you can't touch anybody anymore. I think a good avenue to go about the concussion problem is bust guys doping. That dude for the Seahawks looks like a freaking linebacker and he's a safety. I don't think everybody is doping but I know damn well alot are. Other than that, teach them how to hit when they are kids by the rules that are in place now. Only problem is they change them yearly. All u hear about is the players that get ****ed up from head injuries, not the ones that haven't. Don't play if you are worried about it, u should know when u sign up.

The way things are now, I doubt there is football in a fraction of that amount of time. Hell you can't touch anybody anymore. I think a good avenue to go about the concussion problem is bust guys doping. That dude for the Seahawks looks like a freaking linebacker and he's a safety. I don't think everybody is doping but I know damn well alot are. Other than that, teach them how to hit when they are kids by the rules that are in place now. Only problem is they change them yearly. All u hear about is the players that get ****ed up from head injuries, not the ones that haven't. Don't play if you are worried about it, u should know when u sign up.

When did you learn to play???? When I played, you played heads-up for tackling or you sat, because you whiffed on too many tackles or were considered a cheap shot artist.

One does not need violent cheap shots or head-to-head collisions for football be exciting to watch. I'm glad defenders are pulling up on defenseless players and not trying to merely intimidate through questionable, boderline crap. If you can hit hard, you can do it fairly.

You think otherwise----just go buy some snuff videos off the undergound web: all the violence, complete with death, you'll ever need!

Back