What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Great read on the meltdown that is Texas Athletics

I was listening to the Awful Announcing podcast with Bruce Feldman as the guest. Feldman brought up a funny, but true point--could you imagine Nick Saban dealing with the Longhorn Network? Mack Brown is as media friendly as coaches get and even he got tired of all the LHN obligations. The LHN is not a selling point to prospective coaches.

When did you learn to play???? When I played, you played heads-up for tackling or you sat, because you whiffed on too many tackles or were considered a cheap shot artist.

One does not need violent cheap shots or head-to-head collisions for football be exciting to watch. I'm glad defenders are pulling up on defenseless players and not trying to merely intimidate through questionable, boderline crap. If you can hit hard, you can do it fairly.

You think otherwise----just go buy some snuff videos off the undergound web: all the violence, complete with death, you'll ever need!
Umm in Texas and I knew plenty about head placement and otherwise. Who said anything about cheap shots? I'd light ya up where I didn't have to.

All I know is that I am going to sit back and enjoy every moment. I despise both the state of texasss and the univ of texasss. I have nothing against Mack personally but to me they represent everything that is wrong with college athletics. Their arrogance and self indulgence make me sick. If you believe their fans, they've won 16 national championships and are the envy of every team in the nation. They are ruled by a bunch of Texass size *****hole boosters who think they are better than everyone else and can buy their way to the top.

Sagan is laughing at them as we speak. How much are he and his agent going to make off these Texass tools. They will be lucky to get anyone to be their next coach other than a Garrett type coach who is willing to forget his pride and take his marching orders from an asshole Jerry jones like billionaire booster. Now.....Somebody ask me what I really think about them.

Crapbraska and Texasss imploding in the same season while we are undefeated. Maybe the past 8 years of hell are finally being paid back for us. Karma can be a wonderful thing when used correctly.

He'd need BILLIONS and BILLIONS of $$$.

Reactions: aik
He'd need BILLIONS and BILLIONS of $$$.

http://www.chron.com/sports/college...alked-to-Saban-s-agent-4827635.php?cmpid=hpbn

UT Big Cigars are getting restless
- UT regent and banker Wallace Hall contact's Saban's Agent Jimmy Sexton
- Tom Hicks, a former UT regent and brother of current regent Steve Hicks is reportedly on the call, too. Tom Hicks is the former owner of the Dallas Stars, the Texas Rangers, and the soccer franchise in Liverpool. He also was instrumental in bring Mack Brown to UT from North Carolina.
- billionaire trial lawyer Joe Jamail is Mack Brown's attorney, has an athletic field named after him, and is one of UT's largest donors.
- this conversation is not official UT Regent business and UT president and former Enron board member Bill Powers is unaware of this.
- Saban pleads ignorant of the discussion and says that he hired Agent Jimmy Sexton to handle this kind of stuff.

CU context
Imagine:
*Sacky owned a bank and were elected CU regent
*Either Charlie or Dick Montfort were a CU regent in the capacity of Athletic Liaison
*Liver is the wealthiest practicing attorney in the world, known as the "king of torts" , is worth $1.5B and donates enough cheddar to have Folsom Field renamed Liver Dodger Blue field, and Liver represents Dan Hawkins

http://www.chron.com/sports/college...alked-to-Saban-s-agent-4827635.php?cmpid=hpbn

- Tom Hicks, a former UT regent and brother of current regent Steve Hicks is reportedly on the call, too. Tom Hicks is the former owner of the Dallas Stars, the Texas Rangers, and the soccer franchise in Liverpool. He also was instrumental in bring Mack Brown to UT from North Carolina.
- billionaire trial lawyer Joe Jamail is Mack Brown's attorney, has an athletic field named after him, and is one of UT's largest donors.
- this conversation is not official UT Regent business and UT president and former Enron board member Bill Powers is unaware of this.
- Saban pleads ignorant of the discussion and says that he hired Agent Jimmy Sexton to handle this kind of stuff.

CU context
Imagine:
*Either Charlie or Dick Montfort were a CU regent in the capacity of Athletic Liaison
*Liver is the wealthiest practicing attorney in the world, known as the "king of torts" , is worth $1.5B and donates enough cheddar to have Folsom Field renamed Liver Dodger Blue field, and Liver represents Dan Hawkins

I consider it news that Liver isn't the wealthiest practicing attorney in the world. Why is there never good news for CU?

CU context
Imagine:

You should have used Snow here. I believe he calls himself the "king of paralegals".

Liver can eat a bag of torts.

images

College Game Day.

I'm having mixed emotions here. On one hand the whole North Dakota thing is kind of awkward. But on the other hand, the excitement of those in attendance serves as a reminder that we're all proud of our teams, and enjoy the sport--even outside Tuscaloosa and Austin.

It reminds me a little of the scene in Groundhog Day in which Rita talks about the excitement the masses show for the celebration, and Bill Murray says, "It's what they do, Rita. They're hicks."

Three toes on the kicking foot? Damn. That's far more interesting than punting with either.

That's three more than Tom Dempsey had! (NO Saint;holder of NFL record-long FG)

Nothing like grossing out a bunch of 35 yo's on a nice Saturday morning.

Sorry guys

I heard Dwight Howard make a comment on Gameday this morning along the lines of, "When was the last time you watched Texas play and thought to yourself - 'That looks like a well-coached team'?"

I'm in Austin today. The collective fan meltdown here is delicious, but the local media is notoriously soft because they don't want the big bully AD to stop providing access to the team. Lots of "As you all know, Mack Brown is an embattled coach," but not a lot of deservedly harsh critique of the team being soft or ridiculously underperforming or any of that.

Back