1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Read RE: Product Of Hawk's System

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by InTheBuff, Dec 7, 2007.

1. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Jul 8, 2005

CUav8er Club Member Club Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pretty sweet story. I am glad to see not just a quality player, but also a quality person as well. Kudos to Coach Hawkins for bringing this player in, and to the kids parents as well.
    FlatironsBuff likes this.
  3. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

Dec 12, 2006

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Nov 10, 2007
    This reminded me of my story about Mason Crosby. My younger brother got into kicking when he was a junior in high school (up until that point he'd only played soccer) and when he was a senior, he was giving some thought to trying to walk onto the team because he knew that he would be attending CU the following year. Somehow he got a hold of Mason through the athletic department and Mason said "Come down to the practice field on Saturday; that's when I kick and I'd love to help you out." So my brother did, and watched Mason kick for about 20 minutes, and then fo TWO SOLID HOURS, Mason held kicks and gave him pointers and talked to him about the football team. They still keep in touch. Just a real class act all the way around. Having guys like Mason as graduates of the program makes me proud to wear black and gold.

When we went to the Packers-Broncos game earlier this year, I think we were cheering as hard for Mason as we were the Broncos... ok... well almost as hard :smile:.

BTW, my brother's going to try to walk on again this spring (he's a sophomore at CU), so send him positive thoughts. I've seen him make a 65 yard FG off the ground before, but he needs to work on his consistancy.
  5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Aug 18, 2005
    My 22 year old never kicked. But he played soccer. Then one day, he and my other son were in the yard kicking the ball around. My older son was pounding them. So then he started saying, "I could have been a kicker." A few days later he was at a bar with some friends and there was a guy there who had been a kicking coach. My son said, "I can kick, like, 50 yards." The guy said, "Bull****." He said, "meet me at the football field on Saturday." So, Saturday comes around and they go out. My kid kicked a 60 yard field goal off the ground. The guy couldn't belive it. He hasn't kicked since. :lol: