1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great SI article on why UT sucks

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by GoldenBuff, Oct 10, 2011.

1. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

Here are some highlights but it's definitely worth a read.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/paul_finebaum/10/06/texas/index.html?sct=cf_wr_a2

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i remember saying in 05 that no matter exciting the game, how much USC sucks, that Texas winning the NC was a bad, bad thing for everyone. not having won the big prize for 35+ years sort of kept a muzzle on the horn hubris....but, after VY, crap was out of the bag. a whole new generation of horn fans were energized to mass narcissism and felt legitimated in the grandest of masturbatory hyperbole.

3. moett88

moett88 Well-Known Member

That is hilarious!

4. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Never has a program had so much going for it and accomplished so little.

5. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

. . . and nothing stops it. It's incredible. OU 55 UT 17, those cheaters! Iowa State 28-UT 21, the sun was in our eyes! CU 39-UT 37, coach started the wrong QB! UCLA 66-UT 3, those cheaters!

If you listen to their fans, Texas has never lost a game.

6. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Texas fans are insufferable, there's little doubt, but it's my observation that (at least on Shaggy) they're the first to admit when they suck at football. Now, that doesn't necessarily translate to where they stand in the broader football universe, which is always skewed, but they tend to acknowledge when their team is bad.

7. moett88

moett88 Well-Known Member

seriously!

8. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I mean UTerus wins games (#2 on the all time wins list) but they have such an over inflated sense of worth and can't handle that they have the same number of national titles as we do (although they say it's only a half national title....which is bull****) and can't stand that Colorado once dominated them.

9. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I agree with them being insufferable and also going DOOM mode as soon as they lose a game. However, once that week's loss wears off and the next game looms the "We're Texas" gets dialed up tenfold. Also seen during the first week of February.

I would look at this with a critical eye because it is SI ragging on ESPN as is a recent hobby, but while the tone may be over the top so is my distaste for the collective fanbase of an athletic program that is relatively clean and respectable. And underachieving.